The Walking Dead

vital signz

Great mid season finale. I'm not sure the show is better off without Herschel though, he really was the one keeping everyone and everything together. Now that they're out of the prison, it can make for some good TV showing them trying to find somewhere new to call home. There should be some interesting stuff that will happen now that they're back out on the road again. I wonder if they have a set meeting place like they did at the end of season 2 or is everybody just gonna scatter and go their own way now?

While this season has been the best since the first, what has this season accomplished? We're at a point in the show where we should've been by the end of season 3. It's like the new guy in charge decided to remake the governor storyline over to show he could do it better in half the time. So in other words expanding the season to 16 episodes has added nothing to the overall story.

And they've written Rick like they did Andrea- he's crazy dumb. Why has he become so ineffectual? Everyone has lost people. And now that he thinks he's lost Judith expect more (as the preview showed) of this awful side to his personality. Do they want us to hate his character so much that we him gone just like Andrea?

Was the prison setting really the problem or just the bad writing, i.e. it won't matter where the show is set if it doesn't continue the improved (but still needs better) storytelling we've seen so far this year.

Rumours about second half below....

Carol comes back and maybe it wasn't her who killed those 2 people afterall. Judith ain't really dead. They go back to Hershel's farm. Rick continues to be a hateable character and dies (want this to be true). The producers hire more foreign actors with accents to play people from Georgia. Show screeches to a halt whenever Maggie and Glenn are together being all lovey-dovey.

• Like 2

Rick continues to be a hateable character and dies (want this to be true). Show screeches to a halt whenever Maggie and Glenn are together being all lovey-dovey.

:LOL: I actually did enjoy the last few episodes, but these are still problems for me too. Rick annoys the hell out of me and Glenn and Maggie have absolutely no chemistry so it's hard to care about those scenes. I'm looking forward to where the show's going now that the prison is done. Should be interesting again.

• Like 1

I agree with Storm Shadow and Rushian King.

I agree that the show has gone nowhere.

What kills me most is the death of Herschel. It was absolutely unnecessary and, to me, it seems like it was done for shock factor and nothing more. Kinda like the writers saying, "Boy is this gonna freak the viewers out!!!"

Hershel was probably the best character on the show. There was a lot to the guy and they could have made more of him. They should have killed off Michonne. With the exception of her crap with The Gov, she has been worthless.

I'm still gonna watch, and still hope for the best, and I'm interested to see what's gonna happen, but something better happen soon.

Anybody watch this?

Pretty good episode with a nice change of scenery.

I thought it was lame tonight. Such an excellent season finale months ago to end up with a premiere that was essentially 75% Carl. Michonne helped it along...

That was only the mid season finale, this is still the same season right now. I thought it was a good episode. After the prison got destroyed and the members of the group got separated when they fled, i'm not sure what else anybody would've expected for the next episode? Of course it was gonna focus on Carl and Rick, they're the main characters. This episode was huge in the further development of Carl's character. There's nothing wrong with a character taking up that much screen time in an episode when they are trying to progress him along and give him more depth. Carl learned a lot in this episode. Mainly, that he still needs his dad and that nobody can survive on their own for too long in this world.

Edited by J2112YYZ

So apparently alot of the comic fans are freaking out on the internet about the arrival of the people at the end of the last episode..... without going into spoilers, why are the comic fans freaking about the new people?

So apparently alot of the comic fans are freaking out on the internet about the arrival of the people at the end of the last episode..... without going into spoilers, why are the comic fans freaking about the new people?

Abraham is a certified bad ass. The interesting thing is, in the comics, he pretty much replaced Tyrese, who died at the hands of The Governor instead of Herschel. But Tyrese came in late in the TV series, and hasn't really been the character he was in the comics, at least not yet. Abraham has been pretty much exactly like he is in the comics from the start. If the group all manages to get back together, you'll have Daryl (not in the comics at all,) and Tyrese (dead in the comics at this point,) and now Abraham. That is some serious bad-assery.

It has been nice to see things changed up for the second half of the season. This past Sunday's episode was very tense in the parts where Rick has to deal with the "home invaders" and I have no idea what happens in the comic at this point so I'm curious to see the gang all end up at Terminus, whatever that is.

I didn't care for last night's episode at all. SLOW! I'm ready for the small group therapy sessions to end and for them to all be united.

Yeah, that was really lame. The emotional outpouring didn't come across very convincingly. Daryl needs to stick with just f*ckin up zombies.

I agree, it was a boring episode, but by far not the worst we've seen. I really like the stories of the survivors now that the group has split up. I hear of talk of people who are disappointed after the fall of the prison, but I like it. It's kind of a throw back to the really early days, not that those shows were very good, but I like the loneliness of the small groups.

Loved the 3 walkers hanging from the ceiling.