The Walking Dead

vital signz

I thought that was a really good episode.

Refreshing to see something different, and someone different, who did something different.

I'm really interested to see what happens next and what they are going to do with Phil/The Governor/Bill. From what others who have read the comic say The Gov was a real POS. From what I'd heard about him I half expected him to pull out a gun and blast that whole family. Could he have done a 180?

That was my favorite episode of the season so far.

Oh...BTW...did ya see what the The Gov was driving after his friends dumped him??? It was a great big truck...a semi no less...The Gov is the smartest guy on the show!!!

• Like 1

You guys need to read The Zombie Survival Handbook by Max Brooks (author of World War Z...and son of Mel Brooks). It addresses some of the methods of killing zombies that have been mentioned here. Example: Simply burning them is often more trouble than it's worth. This is because a walking zombie could accidentally set fire to everything in its path before his brain is finally destroyed which could take a long long time. Burning an immobile or completely leg less zombie is a good idea though

You guys need to read The Zombie Survival Handbook by Max Brooks (author of World War Z...and son of Mel Brooks). It addresses some of the methods of killing zombies that have been mentioned here. Example: Simply burning them is often more trouble than it's worth. This is because a walking zombie could accidentally set fire to everything in its path before his brain is finally destroyed which could take a long long time. Burning an immobile or completely leg less zombie is a good idea though

I actually thought about that after I had mentioned they could've set the whole zombie herd on fire. Especially in the show where the prison is surrounded by trees. You could cause a forest fire that gets out of control.

So, is there any good in the Governor? It seems as if the writers are re-inventing him.

The Governor was good before he lost his wife and daughter, that's what sent him over the edge. They might be going for some king of redemption story with him. I still think he has bad intentions for some of the people at the prison, Michonne in particular.

I have a feeling the bad old Guv will be back next week. His new family that have adopted him are in danger after meeting up with his old crew. I am glad they humanized him, but I suspect darkness is on the horizon. What will happen to bring the Governor back to the prison? I doubt he came back to apologize.

So, is there any good in the Governor? It seems as if the writers are re-inventing him.

Thats what I kept thinking. The writers are giving me a reason to like this guy. It seems losing his wife and daughter may have been more than he could bare and before "it" happened he was probably a normal type family man.
  • Like 1

I think the Governor is a bad guy, the apocalypse simply allowed him to act it out. He's a very bitter and resentful man. That said, he and Rick are very much the same type of person with a razor thin difference between who is good and who is bad.

Thats what I kept thinking. The writers are giving me a reason to like this guy. It seems losing his wife and daughter may have been more than he could bare and before "it" happened he was probably a normal type family man.

It definitely makes the character more interesting.

I think he's rotten to the core. :)

He Ain't talkin bout love, that's for damn sure.

• Like 2

He Ain't talkin bout love, that's for damn sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QO4XVazY2s

You were right. Still one crazy bastard.

One more episode before the winter break.

You were right. Still one crazy bastard.

One more episode before the winter break.

The guy is pure evil. And now he's got a tank. I'm on record as suggesting that the prison invest in a tank back in season three. The Governor is going to take over the prison. Rick and co. can't do anything to stop him.

The Governor, as a psychopath, seems to be the smartest one on the show.

I agree...and I find myself rooting for him. I'd rather watch more episodes about him than anybody else.

It looked as if he was a changed man for a second there, and he was obviously trying to flee his past, but I guess old habits die hard.

Do you think it was him who killed all those people in that tent camp with all the wire around it?

I agree...and I find myself rooting for him. I'd rather watch more episodes about him than anybody else.

It looked as if he was a changed man for a second there, and he was obviously trying to flee his past, but I guess old habits die hard.

Do you think it was him who killed all those people in that tent camp with all the wire around it?

Rooting for a manipulative psychopath? Interesting..

Check out Dexter if you haven't already. Its back on NetFlix!!

Check out Dexter if you haven't already. Its back on NetFlix!!

I never watched Dexter, but isn't he a manipulative psychopath who kills manipulative psychopaths? If so, there's a difference.

Yeah....welllll...Maybe I'm just rooting for a more interesting character, THE most interesting character on the show. There's a lot going on with him, much more than with any other character...with the exception of Carol and when she got REALLY good...they dumped her. WTF???!!!

• Like 1

Yeah....welllll...Maybe I'm just rooting for a more interesting character, THE most interesting character on the show. There's a lot going on with him, much more than with any other character...with the exception of Carol and when she got REALLY good...they dumped her. WTF???!!!

Well Your Psychopath Govenor is gone and unfortunately he took Hershel with him.

:codger:

Well your psychopath Govenor is gone! Unfortunately, he took Hershel with him. :codger:

This was my favorite episode to date. I got a great deal of enjoyment finally seeing an end to the governor. I'm sad Hershel is gone, but that's life in this series.

I was also getting tiered of the prison. So I was thinking that if walkers can't even cross a river wouldn't an island be a great place to live?

It was a very satisfying episode, one of the best yet. It was one of the few times when all the character motivation paid off and made sense. Hershel's death really put his character in focus. That smile on his face said it all.
  • Like 1

I'm beginning to think I'm not cut out for these kinds of shows....I can't get no satisfaction.

I liked The Gov as a good guy...I liked the way the actor portrayed him...I liked his character as Brian... But as soon as he goes bad again, I think the actor does a lousy job and the character is unbelievable.

Michonne...never liked her and hate how they put her in all these samurai poses whenever she gets that sword in her hands.

'WHERE'S CARL???!!!"...Thought we were over that. Nobody ever knows where that kid is. He's what...'bout 14? Probably in the bathroom peeking through the keyhole.

Herschel...Great character...Once again the writers do a wonderful job of getting rid of a good character with depth, but it took them almost three seasons to get rid of Lori.

Daryl...Guess he can hook up with little blondie and not have to worry about dad nosing into their business....Yeah Daryl...Lay that pipe!!!!

It'll be nice to see a change of scenery as well. The gray paint and bars motive of their last home was really wearing on me.

I wonder if The Gov's latest chick is going to get back with her sister again and maybe they can hook up with Carol and form a lesbo squad to hunt down Rick and Co.

It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Finally watched it...

DAMN!! Now THAT is television at its finest. We don't see enough decapetations , and this one was especially cool cause it was a half decap at first!

I'm glad the prison is finally out of the picture as well.. I'm greatly looking forward to February!