The Walking Dead

vital signz

Been about 2 years (show time) since the zombie apocalypse began and some of the characters are still written saying/acting/doing stupid things.

That is the most frustrating part of the whole show....They still do stupid stuff!!!!!

Like taking a sedan to get medicine from a facility 50 miles away because it's the fastest car they have...Why not take a semi which will go almost as fast and if you run into hundreds of walkers on the way you can PLOW 'EM OVER!!!!

And how about fortifying that fence??? Hell dig a nice big ditch and use the dirt you excavate to make a steep hill for them to have to get over. And why haven't they collected any heavy construction or military equipment???!!!

And how about keeping those pesky kids away from the fence where they just taunt the walkers. Probably wouldn't have half the fence issues if those brats weren't allowed near it.

And how about fence patrol....two or three people who's job it is to stab through the skull any walker that comes near the fence...all day long. And how about getting a big vehicle to just drive around the prison area to crush walkers with???

And how about giving up the "let's go on as if this really isn't happening" act....Your survival and to some degree the survival of the human race is at stake here...act like it. Be prepared, be vigilant and be ready for anything.

WTF.

• Like 2

I'm ready to give up on this show. Season 1 was ok, 2 sucked big time, 3 was good, and now back to the same boring shit with stupid characters. 4 seasons in and it's just an alright show- really wanna like it, but the horrible writing and dragging pace kill it for me. At this point, I'm really sick and tired of the whole zombie thing too- it's played out
  • Like 3

I'm ready to give up on this show. Season 1 was ok, 2 sucked big time, 3 was good, and now back to the same boring shit with stupid characters. 4 seasons in and it's just an alright show- really wanna like it, but the horrible writing and dragging pace kill it for me. At this point, I'm really sick and tired of the whole zombie thing too- it's played out

28 Days Later and Saun of the Dead .. That's all I need for my Zombie fix

• Like 1

Yup, and throw in Romero's trilogy and I'm all set too.

Well, 28 Days didn't truly have zombies. I did like it and its sequel. Never saw Shaun.

World War Z (the book) would've been perfect as a tv series and not that Brad Pitt crap that was done

I am with you. Not sure I am going to keep watching for much longer. I don't even know where the show could go that would save it at this point.
  • Like 1

I am with you. Not sure I am going to keep watching for much longer. I don't even know where the show could go that would save it at this point.

At this point, it's just a way for me to pass an hour on Sunday night. Really losing interest more and more every week.

It's only 4-5 episodes into the season! It takes a while to develop things - new character dynamics, new "threat", etc. If I stuck out Season 2, I'm certainly sticking with this season. I've actually been pretty happy with it so far. Not a whole lot of action yet. But, we all know that'll change at some point, right?!?
  • Like 1

I've been fine with this season so far. Each season has always had slower spots that build into the big ones. I'm really not sure what the complaining is about or what people are expecting exactly? Overall, i'm getting what I expected to so far this season. This show does have a major flaw which they showcased again on this weeks episode. Every time a supporting character starts to develop and finally grows and starts standing out, they kill them or in Carol's case, write them out. Shane, Dale, Andrea, Merle and even T-Dog a little bit at the start of last season, all were killed off just as their characters looked liked they were going to stand out more and become more interesting. The show would be way more entertaining if they let a few of these characters stick around after they had their big breakout moment. Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

Overall I still very much enjoy the show. Season one is still far and away the show's worst (IMO), but the show does risk the potential of becoming very been there done that without CREATIVE infusions of ideas. Edited by Presto-digitation

Overall I still very much enjoy the show. Season one is still far and away the show's worst (IMO), but the show does risk the potential of becoming very been there done that without CREATIVE infusions of ideas.

That's it. It is almost like the writers have no idea what to do now. We are 5 episodes in and we still don't really have a villain. Just more surviving at the prison and that's not going to cut it. I will keep watching but I think the show may have blown its wad already.

Last night's episode was awesome. Maybe it will get people to stop complaining for a week or two but I doubt it.

Yes, and the actor that plays Hershel did a great job.

• Like 1

Last night's episode was awesome. Maybe it will get people to stop complaining for a week or two but I doubt it.

Yes, and the actor that plays Hershel did a great job.

I agree...Whoever played Hershel did a great job and always has. Hershel is one of my faves on the show.

Now...as for complaining...NEVER gonna stop.

Starting with:

Did you see the cache of guns and ammo...just sitting outside...in laundry bins????!!!! Where the HELL has that been???!!! I know they are probably using it for emergency situations, like the one Rick and "where's" Carl faced last night, or in case some bad guy wink, wink (.....oh man I kill myself...get it...THE bad guy... WINK, WINK...oh man that's great!!!) shows up (which I will address later). Why hasn't that been used or distributed, or something??!!

Why-don't-they-lock-the-cells-of-the-sick???!!! Walkers have great timing. Did ya notice how all the sick died at the same time and transformed together, and emerged from their cells together? Almost like they planned it. BUT, at least all the sick are dead, and the dead are undead...and now the undead are dead...and the mystery illness appears to be dead too, and most of the people from Woodberry are dead, but the guy we hoped was dead isn't dead (which I will address later). With all these dead people, it looks like we are back to the original cast...minus Carol...oh boy...Daryl's gonna be pissed.

And the fence.....Where did the logs come from? They must grow in cell block C 'cuz the only other logs I can see are the trees growing OUTSIDE the fenceline!!!

And the growing crowd at the fence...They must not have tickets...wonder why they didn't get some when they went on sale?...I've said it before....A front end loader, or bull dozer...or even a great big truck could easily take out those at the fence in one fell swoop...But I guess they were too busy cutting down trees to reinforce the fence, or Michonne was too busy looking for The Governor (Who'da thunk all she had to do was wait a little and he'd show up [which I will address later]) to pick up a nice useful vehicle to smash walkers into mush with.

Well....It's later. Looks who's back...I was hoping he would make a surprise entrance later in the series, kinda like Barbossa did at the end of the second Pirates of the Caribbean movie, but I guess the writers have run of ideas...or just suck, so they had to bring him back now...oh well.

I still like the show..or at least the concept of the show...don't get me wrong. I do like it, but like to complain about it more. Lerxst has mentioned he likes to complain a lot too...Wonder if he watches?

The reason the ammo was not used or distributed is because they were saving it for something major to happen. They conserve ammo by not giving it out to the everyone in the prison. You've got to make that stuff last and distributing it to the people at the prison would just end up being wasteful because you know that people would end up shooting when they didn't have to and that wastes ammo.

It did appear that Herschel was locking the cells of the sick before all hell broke loose. That's at least what it looked like to me. My other guess is that Herschel may have left the cell doors open is so the sick people could have a little bit of freedom to move around and not feel like they were animals being left to die in their cells.

Yes, i'm guessing the logs to hold up the fence came from the woods outside the prison. They go out on supply runs, so it's completely believable that they went out to the woods and got them.

As for why they haven't been able to eliminate the herd of zombies at the fence before they were able to break in? I have no clue. I'm not sure if they have a big truck or bulldozer to run them down with but they could just go outside the fence in a vehicle, pour gasoline on the herd, draw them away from the fence then light them all on fire. Eventually the flames will burn away their brains and they will die. If they don't all die at the very least you'll render some of them useless if their limbs get burned off.

As for The Governor, that scene was just to show that he's back. I bet he doesn't make his presence known to the group until the mid season finale. I'm guessing he just returned from where ever he was and wanted to see if everyone was still at the prison. Now that he knows they are, he'll come up with some kind of plan to take them out.

Edited by J2112YYZ

Been about 2 years (show time) since the zombie apocalypse began and some of the characters are still written saying/acting/doing stupid things.

That is the most frustrating part of the whole show....They still do stupid stuff!!!!!

Like taking a sedan to get medicine from a facility 50 miles away because it's the fastest car they have...Why not take a semi which will go almost as fast and if you run into hundreds of walkers on the way you can PLOW 'EM OVER!!!!

And how about fortifying that fence??? Hell dig a nice big ditch and use the dirt you excavate to make a steep hill for them to have to get over. And why haven't they collected any heavy construction or military equipment???!!!

And how about keeping those pesky kids away from the fence where they just taunt the walkers. Probably wouldn't have half the fence issues if those brats weren't allowed near it.

And how about fence patrol....two or three people who's job it is to stab through the skull any walker that comes near the fence...all day long. And how about getting a big vehicle to just drive around the prison area to crush walkers with???

And how about giving up the "let's go on as if this really isn't happening" act....Your survival and to some degree the survival of the human race is at stake here...act like it. Be prepared, be vigilant and be ready for anything.

WTF.

:goodone:

I would have made the fence around the prison into a steel wall by now. They could have at least taken a bulldozer and squashed all of the walkers outside the fence.

Whey don't they have military vehicles of some kind? The Governor did.

It's sooo much better this season. It's still not quite where I anticipated it going - it's not a great show, it's merely "an okay to good" show. I look forward to it each week, but have no desire to re-watch episodes. It's good, unfortunately not great, and I'm fine with that.

The reason the ammo was not used or distributed is because they were saving it for something major to happen. They conserve ammo by not giving it out to the everyone in the prison. You've got to make that stuff last and distributing it to the people at the prison would just end up being wasteful because you know that people would end up shooting when they didn't have to and that wastes ammo.

It did appear that Herschel was locking the cells of the sick before all hell broke loose. That's at least what it looked like to me. My other guess is that Herschel may have left the cell doors open is so the sick people could have a little bit of freedom to move around and not feel like they were animals being left to die in their cells.

Yes, i'm guessing the logs to hold up the fence came from the woods outside the prison. They go out on supply runs, so it's completely believable that they went out to the woods and got them.

As for why they haven't been able to eliminate the herd of zombies at the fence before they were able to break in? I have no clue. I'm not sure if they have a big truck or bulldozer to run them down with but they could just go outside the fence in a vehicle, pour gasoline on the herd, draw them away from the fence then light them all on fire. Eventually the flames will burn away their brains and they will die. If they don't all die at the very least you'll render some of them useless if their limbs get burned off.

As for The Governor, that scene was just to show that he's back. I bet he doesn't make his presence known to the group until the mid season finale. I'm guessing he just returned from where ever he was and wanted to see if everyone was still at the prison. Now that he knows they are, he'll come up with some kind of plan to take them out.

Waiting for something major to happen??? Not sure about where you live, but in my part of town we call the zombie apocalypse pretty damn major!!!

And we don't want to distribute guns and ammo 'cuz it might get wasted....But it might also be used to kill kill zombies, and if they had distributed guns and ammo out....all those taken out by walkers would still be alive 'cuz they could have blown the walkers away.

It may have looked like Hershel locked the cells, but he didn't 'cuz the walkers got out and had people for lunch.

Of course they got the trees from outside the fence but getting them would have been a long, loud and dangerous process. And with all the walkers around the fence when would they have time to move the logs, and how would they move them....trees are heavy, and bulky. It's not like picking up a bag of groceries and running in and out of the fence with it.

I agree with the fire trick and burning the zombies...but I like the big truck/heavy equipment idea more. They wouldn't be wasting gas on the zombie barbeque, they could actually use the heavy vehicle, and think of the fun it would be to watch they zombies pop when you hit them.

I believe the logs came from the pigpen that is no longer needed. As for the noise factor, Daryl rides around on his loud motorcycle as an example of them making noise unnecessarily. Also, given how many walkers have been shown at the fence this season and being shown that it's strength is compromised I would think using guns to kill them faster outweighs the risk of attracting more. And since we're shown Hershel luring the walker away, why not have someone simply lure the walkers away? Quiet and no ammo wasted.

Btw, why are the guns and ammo by the fenceline? Other than so the writers could have them there for a little Rick and Carl bonding moment.

I had a feeling that someone was causing the zombies to show up in greater numbers at the fence. Even after they hinted that the girls were feeding them rats I suspected we weren't done with the Governor. He should have just left and rebuilt his empire somewhere else because he will eventually get killed deader than dead by someone. He does some really nasty things in the comic book that he didn't do on TV, maybe that stuff is coming now.