The Walking Dead

vital signz

If you guys enjoy the show I highly recommend the comic book (specifically everything up to and including volume 8/everything in compendium 1). I find the characters and what they do make a lot more sense in the comic.
  • Like 1

If you guys enjoy the show I highly recommend the comic book (specifically everything up to and including volume 8/everything in compendium 1). I find the characters and what they do make a lot more sense in the comic.

I read the ones that encompassed the first season. I found them online.

I find comic books hard to read for some reason. I would rather read a story in the form of a novel as opposed to picture/storyboard format. Because of that I did not continue reading them.

The comic is fantastic. The first couple of books were OK, but by book 3, it really hit it's stride. People who think the Governor was nasty on the show should see how much nastier he was in the comics. And how much more brutal the scene where Michonne takes his eye (amongst other things)

I've just finished reading book 14 (issues 79-84), and I'm still hooked. Can't wait for Abraham to make an appearance in the show, but it probably wont be for a while yet.

The comic is fantastic. The first couple of books were OK, but by book 3, it really hit it's stride. People who think the Governor was nasty on the show should see how much nastier he was in the comics. And how much more brutal the scene where Michonne takes his eye (amongst other things)

I've just finished reading book 14 (issues 79-84), and I'm still hooked. Can't wait for Abraham to make an appearance in the show, but it probably wont be for a while yet.

I found the comic recycles things after the prison. If a character gets lame they die and someone else takes their place. Sanctuary felt like a rehashing of the prison to me. Abraham basically the only reason I made it trough compendium 2.

So the new season has started!!!!

What does everyone think?

SPOILERS!!!!

I thought it was good except for the deal with Rick and the lady he ran into in the woods. I didn't like her or her "accent". He should have just finished her off too. He did say if she tries any funny stuff (which you KNEW was gonna happen) he'd take care of her...he should have and just finished her off.

Wonder what's up with the pigs croaking. Both Violet and the wild pig in the woods. maybe food is going to get really hard to now.

And what was up with Waldo? Maybe the pigs getting sick and Waldo getting sick are connected although Waldo may have contracted something from Daryl after he practically swallowed his own hand before shaking Waldo's.

Glad to see it's back just hope we have a good season.

I was fine with last nights episode. They've got 16 episodes to do this season, it makes no sense for them to blow their wad in the premiere. The only thing I didn't get is the point of Rick meeting that lady in the woods only for her to kill herself after she took Rick to her camp site? I guess they were trying to show how far gone someone can go mentally when they are left alone in that kind of world. It would've been a better story if she stayed alive and Rick brought her back to the prison where she could try and get herself mentally stable again by being in a safe place and with people. There really wasn't a point to having the lady on the show.

I'm guessing things will pick up next week since Waldo died from some illness at the end and then turned. He'll probably get a few people before anyone knows what's going on, so we'll have zombies in the prison. Also, what did he die from? Is it contagious? He coughed into that big thing of water before he croaked, so it's possible that could spread something to the other people in the prison.

I was fine with last nights episode. They've got 16 episodes to do this season, it makes no sense for them to blow their wad in the premiere. The only thing I didn't get is the point of Rick meeting that lady in the woods only for her to kill herself after she took Rick to her camp site? I guess they were trying to show how far gone someone can go mentally when they are left alone in that kind of world. It would've been a better story if she stayed alive and Rick brought her back to the prison where she could try and get herself mentally stable again by being in a safe place and with people. There really wasn't a point to having the lady on the show.

I'm guessing things will pick up next week since Waldo died from some illness at the end and then turned. He'll probably get a few people before anyone knows what's going on, so we'll have zombies in the prison. Also, what did he die from? Is it contagious? He coughed into that big thing of water before he croaked, so it's possible that could spread something to the other people in the prison.

I think the lady in the woods was more about the idea that you never get to go back to normal again. The horrible things you do to survive stay with you forever. Kind of a contrast to how everyone seems to be finding some normalcy in the new world. Here is this woman who reminds Rick that he his actions have still cost him something he will never recover.

“You don't get to come back from”

Edited by thesweetscience

I think the lady in the woods was more about the idea that you never get to go back to normal again. The horrible things you do to survive stay with you forever. Kind of a contrast to how everyone seems to be finding some normalcy in the new world. Here is this woman who reminds Rick that he his actions have still cost him something he will never recover.

“You don't get to come back from”

Wonder if Rick will run into her again?...