The Walking Dead

vital signz

Why do I get the feeling that the Governor is going to amount an assault on the prison...after Rick and Company have left the building?

I'm thinking that as well. I also think they might have rounded up as many zombies as possible and leave them waiting inside the prison so the governor's people can be attacked. During this Rick and everyone else will already be over at woodbury getting everyone out and burining the place to the ground.

Great ending for last night's episode. Merle put to rest any doubts about where his loyalty was before hie died.

Why do I get the feeling that the Governor is going to amount an assault on the prison...after Rick and Company have left the building?

I'm thinking that as well. I also think they might have rounded up as many zombies as possible and leave them waiting inside the prison so the governor's people can be attacked. During this Rick and everyone else will already be over at woodbury getting everyone out and burining the place to the ground.

Great ending for last night's episode. Merle put to rest any doubts about where his loyalty was before hie died.

I think Merle's ultimate loyalty was to himself. He didn't want to take order from Rick, or from the Governor. Did I hear right when Micchone was questioning him that he had not killed anyone before he went to Woodbury? So the Governor made him a murderer. He wasn't going to beg the Governor to take him back, and he wasn't going to beg for mercy when the Governor had him beat.

You could be right that the Woodbury gang attacks an empty prison with zombie traps set. That way, Rick and Company could get Andrea out, probably with the help of Tyrese and his sister, who will probably join them.

The only question is, who from Rick's group will die to make room for them?

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/Smilies%20GIFs/ohnoes_zpsc1e9b5fe.gif

I think Merle's ultimate loyalty was to himself. He didn't want to take order from Rick, or from the Governor. Did I hear right when Micchone was questioning him that he had not killed anyone before he went to Woodbury? So the Governor made him a murderer. He wasn't going to beg the Governor to take him back, and he wasn't going to beg for mercy when the Governor had him beat.

You could be right that the Woodbury gang attacks an empty prison with zombie traps set. That way, Rick and Company could get Andrea out, probably with the help of Tyrese and his sister, who will probably join them.

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/Smilies%20GIFs/ohnoes_zpsc1e9b5fe.gif

I'm in the "empty" prison full of walkers camp as well....Too bad about Merle as well. Thought he was gonna redeem himself.

My only gripe is that Merle had just turned but he looked like he'd been dead for weeks.

I'm in the "empty" prison full of walkers camp as well....Too bad about Merle as well. Thought he was gonna redeem himself.

My only gripe is that Merle had just turned but he looked like he'd been dead for weeks.

I'm thinking they're going to attack each other and find both undefended. So Rick's group will end up at Woodbury and the Governor at the prison. Not sure how they could miss each other, but given the writing I'm sure they 'just would.'

I'm not a shooter but how is the Governor blind in his right eye and still shooting with it 'forward?' Shouldn't he be tilting his head to the right so that he could see with his good left eye? Or is this another of the Governor's superpowers? Doesn't seem to have any trouble doing anything even though he just lost his eye probably no more than a week or so ago, show time. Saw Andrea in the field (while DRIVING) even though his direction on the road would've meant his blind right eye was on the side she was on.

• Like 1

I'm thinking they're going to attack each other and find both undefended. So Rick's group will end up at Woodbury and the Governor at the prison. Not sure how they could miss each other, but given the writing I'm sure they 'just would.'

I'm not a shooter but how is the Governor blind in his right eye and still shooting with it 'forward?' Shouldn't he be tilting his head to the right so that he could see with his good left eye? Or is this another of the Governor's superpowers? Doesn't seem to have any trouble doing anything even though he just lost his eye probably no more than a week or so ago, show time. Saw Andrea in the field (while DRIVING) even though his direction on the road would've meant his blind right eye was on the side she was on.

For your own safety, don't doubt The Gov.

Look at Merle and Andrea, they doubted The Gov and look where they are...Don't doubt The Gov.

I think it will be impossible for Rick's group to escape the prison without losing a member of their tribe. I don't even want to think about who it might be. This show has shown that anyone can die at any time. I haven't felt the death of characters on a tv show this much since Lost. This show is a nail biter.

disappointed.

:yes:

:yes:

Anybody notice the number of commercials in that hour? I DVR the show so I don't have to watch the the commercials but it seemed I was fast forwarding over them a lot more than usual.

Looks like Carl is finally fed up with his dads stupid decisions. He sure was pissed when Dad showed up with all that new fresh meat from Woodbury. How do you suppose the Woodbury survivors are going to react to that nice comfy prison too? Talk about out of the frying pan into the fire.

And speaking of stupid decisions anybody think the blown opportunities to kill The Gov were stupid decisions. I think Phil should change his name to Quick Draw McGraw too 'cuz even while staring down the barrel of an AK47 he got kill shot off on the guy who used to be friends with Tyrese. And lets not forget about Phil 2 stupid buddies just staring at him after he killed ALL of their friends.

Too bad about Andrea though, but who really thought she was gonna make it outta there alive anyway?

On a good note, it looks like we may have seen the last of Lori and I always thought that brunette chick was kinda hot so we might see more of her. And the scenery has gotten pretty being Autumn and all.

Overall a big let down for a season finale. Won't say I can't wait 'til next season, but I guess waiting is all we can do.

I liked the finale. It's more than about mass carnage and I think people were simply expecting more "names" to die and are disappointed they didn't. (Reedus made a great point about this on Talking Dead afterwards, that he's glad they're not just sticking to body counts and doing the same kinds of endings each year). And I'm glad the Governor lived to return another day. He's a great villain and he's till out there. You don't really want him to die, like Clay Morrow on Sons On Anarchy, just like you don't want Ross and Rachel to get together. It ruins things. I really didn't want to lose too many more of the "group" at this point either. Eventually we'll have to. Andrea made sense and served her purpose. Milton too for his "betrayal". Maggie's sister could've gone and I wouldn't have complained....or the baby (sorry). Still I'm not ready to lose Glenn or the old man or Tyreese (sp?), Maggie herself or Rick or Daryl...and the little snot nose is actually starting to get interesting now. So I'm glad it wasn't just a big Helms Deep affair with half the cast getting axed, as much eye candy as that makes for.

Sometimes I think people don't look at this as a legit drama and still think of it more as a video game or a horror film. There's a good core there now and I'm glad they're not just arbitrarily axing folks for higher ratings and high Twitter counts.

Edited by Presto-digitation

There were some things I liked and some I didn't. I like that The Governor killed everyone who went to fight for him at the prison and the fact that he will still be around for next season. Rick needs an arch enemy who won't go away quietly and The Governor fits that perfectly. I like the development with Carl and his whole shoot first ask questions later attitude. If Rick had done that with The Governor in the first place they wouldn't be in the trouble they're in now and a lot of people would still be alive. I like that Tyrese is with Rick now, he's a major character in the comics. He was introduced into the story much earlier then on the show and he's Rick's second in command for a long time. Hopefully his character goes a similar way next season.

Now the big thing I didn't like was Andrea's death. It seemed to me like the writers realised they didn't do anything that big for the finale so they decided just to kill off a main cast member just to have something big occur. I know on Talking Dead they tried to justify her death by saying she served her prupose since Woodbury and Rick's group are now joined together but i'm not buying that at all. I think they had her die for no other reason than shock value and nothing more. There was more that could've been done with her next season. Now that the survivors of Woodbury are at the prison, Andrea could've played a huge role when it came to getting the people of Woodbury and Rick's group to trust each other. You know after what happened between Rick and The Governor everyone would naturally be suspicious of each other. Since she had lived with both groups and had gained both sides trust I believe, Andrea could've served a bigger purpose next season. Most importantly, she would've been back home where she belonged with Rick and company.

I liked the finale. Was it one of the best episodes ever of The Walking Dead? Nope. But with The Governor as unhinged as he has become it left me wanting to find out what happens. That's what a season finale is supposed to do.

Yes, the writers have never found their footing, but the current series showrunner is gone. The season finale is his last contribution and the guy who wrote the best episode ever of The Walking Dead is taking over the reins. Hopefully, a disappointng good show will finally become a satisfying good show. But will it ever be great? I'm hoping.