The Walking Dead

vital signz

Yeah...it's amazing how they Rick and the gang never seem to run out of ammo. I'm sure they have several different calibers to deal with too...

Yeah...it's amazing how they Rick and the gang never seem to run out of ammo. I'm sure they have several different calibers to deal with too...

But they just came across Morgan's supply, they'll be good for another 3 seasons.

:gumby:

I thought it was one of the better and more character driven episodes of this season, and I like the fact that it established Michonne as a more permanent character.

Absolutely, Michonne is hear to stay.

:haz:

didn't Carl have a crush on her already in the beginning of the season?

He could have. I don't really remember. Isn't she like 14 or 15?

I think she's supposed to 17, but the actress herself is 27.

So I shouldn't feel too bad about perving on her?

I liked last night's episode quite well, although clearly it's meant to serve as the tune up to the impending final couple/few of the season. It's the big set up.

Oh and Rick should have shot him in the face. Merle was right about that (for once). Of course dumbass should have stabbed him in his sleep a couple episodes back as well.

• Like 1

I predicted on another board that Andrea would give Tyrese the real scoop on the Governor, and then they would help Rick defeat any attack from Woodbury. It looked to me, from last night's preview of next week, that that is likely to happen, and Tyrese will finally become part of the group.

:haz:

I hated this last episode. These people do stupid shit, like let the people who are trying to kill you get away. Rick was cop...or supposed to be a cop. Anytime I see a cop get into any kind of situation he or she immediately takes control of any situation. You know, "ON THE GROUND!!! HANDS WHERE I CAN SEE THEM!!! DON'T MOVE STEP AWAY FROM THE VEHICLE!!!" That kind of stuff. As soon as The Gov put down his weapon, Rick should have been on him like stink on shit and had him restrained and the same goes for when The Gov's Butler and Next In Line drove up. Daryl and Hershel should have been on them too. And Rick should have brought Merle and Daryl not Hershel. They could have had Woodbury's numbers 1, 2 and 3, taken them back to the prison, locked them away and just waited for them expire. I know. It's just make believe scripted crap...But the writers have them do stupid shit.

Yeah, Rick should have shot The Gov right then and there, walked outside and killed The Butler (with the revolver in the parking lot) and taken out number 3 man....war over.

• Like 1

I hated this last episode. These people do stupid shit, like let the people who are trying to kill you get away. Rick was cop...or supposed to be a cop. Anytime I see a cop get into any kind of situation he or she immediately takes control of any situation. You know, "ON THE GROUND!!! HANDS WHERE I CAN SEE THEM!!! DON'T MOVE STEP AWAY FROM THE VEHICLE!!!" That kind of stuff. As soon as The Gov put down his weapon, Rick should have been on him like stink on shit and had him restrained and the same goes for when The Gov's Butler and Next In Line drove up. Daryl and Hershel should have been on them too. And Rick should have brought Merle and Daryl not Hershel. They could have had Woodbury's numbers 1, 2 and 3, taken them back to the prison, locked them away and just waited for them expire. I know. It's just make believe scripted crap...But the writers have them do stupid shit.

Yeah, Rick should have shot The Gov right then and there, walked outside and killed The Butler (with the revolver in the parking lot) and taken out number 3 man....war over.

Rick isn't a cop in the traditional sense now. There aren't laws anymore so he has no authority to do those kind of things to the Governor. Yes, there are things he did as a cop he can still use but nothing like what you're saying. This episode was good and it was necessary to have because they needed to meet in order to know weather there can be a compromise reached between the sides. They did the right thing in this episode. They tried to talk it out and that didn't work and that makes for better TV since we will have an epic ending to this season with the prison and woodbury battling for control.

Rick isn't a cop in the traditional sense now. There aren't laws anymore so he has no authority to do those kind of things to the Governor. Yes, there are things he did as a cop he can still use but nothing like what you're saying. This episode was good and it was necessary to have because they needed to meet in order to know weather there can be a compromise reached between the sides. They did the right thing in this episode. They tried to talk it out and that didn't work and that makes for better TV since we will have an epic ending to this season with the prison and woodbury battling for control.

The one thing that came out of this last episode is that everyone could get along as long as Rick and The governor are out of the way. I think that they are going to turn the town against the Governor and cast him out. Only to return with a whole new malitia in some future episode a couple of seasons form now.

:codger:

Edited by losingit2k

Well no shit Rick isn't a cop anymore and there aren't any laws...My point is Rick was trained as a cop and cops do things in situations where control needs to be taken, to take control...they are trained to take control when control needs to be taken. As soon as The Gov put down his weapon giving Rick the upper hand he should have taken control by force, just like he was trained to do. I'm not saying he should have followed any laws, as there are none, and I'm not saying he had the authority to take The Gov into custody. What I'm saying is Rick should have forcefully apprehended The Gov and forcefully taken him to the prison and forcefully thrown him in a cell. But since The Gov would have resisted, Rick should have forcefully killed him. In the life or death struggle they are currently involved in, that would have been the smart, not civil, thing to do.

Yeah, the episode was great because they are telling a story, and yeah it was great because they are setting us up for a great finale, but my point is that the writers have them doing stupid stuff (I know 'cuz it's a scripted story) that when it's all said and done puts people in peril when the termination of the primary nemesis, and two of his chief henchmen, could have been accomplished in seconds possibly crippling Woodbury to the point of their surrender to the prison. Sometimes suspending disbelief is difficult to do when the actions of the heroes are so unbelievably stupid.

If the writers are true to human nature then Rick and his group will win. It is easier to follow a leader that is true (if flawed) than to follow a dictator. I suspect we will lose someone from Rick's group or maybe more.

Rick should have just put a bullet in the Governor's face and ended it. Woodbury would fall apart without the Governor, but Rick's group could go on without him.

Funny, I think this is the best season, by far. For the first time I'm interested from episode to episode. I love the parallels between Rick and the Governor. They are so much alike, but Rick cares about what others think and struggles with his decisions. The Governor doesn't, he's a pure sociopath. Still, the show moves too slow compared to my expectations. I still want it to be great and I'm still disappointed it's just okay. But I'll keep watching.

Funny, I think this is the best season, by far. For the first time I'm interested from episode to episode. I love the parallels between Rick and the Governor. They are so much alike, but Rick cares about what others think and struggles with his decisions. The Governor doesn't, he's a pure sociopath. Still, the show moves too slow compared to my expectations. I still want it to be great and I'm still disappointed it's just okay. But I'll keep watching.

I think this is also the best season, by far, as well. They started off with a huge bang, and took it all the way to the break. They've had a couple of filler episodes, building up to these last couple.

The most recent episode was a bit disappointing, though. But it was still better than most of season two.

Properly paced and written, what's gone on this third season could have been condensed into half the episodes. With each episode it's harder for me to turn off my brain and just enjoy the good parts while ignoring the poor writing and acting. Showrunner Glen Mazzera(sp?) has been fired so hopefully AMC hires someone that can make season 4 better (not really that hard) than the first 3. And if they can't figure out how to pace a season and write consistently solid episodes then hopefully they scale back to a max of 12 to minimize the filler. Clearly 16 episodes this season has extended those involved beyond their capabilities.

As long as they are getting the ratings, I can't see them lessening the number of episodes in a season.

Exactly.

I thik this season has been paced out pretty good. You can't have all fast paced action all the time like the first few episodes of this season were. It would be too much and get old fast I would think. They've paced it out nicely between the action filled episodes and the slower moving episodes just fine this season. Yes, there will be a big finish to this season, there's no way these last few episodes won't end the season with a bang. This war between the prison and woodbury won't be like a fukkin ballet, that's for sure. Also, lessening the seasons from 16 to 12 episodes won't necessarily kill any filler episodes. I've seen shows that only have 12 episodes a year and still have filler. Seasons five and six of Dexter come to mind right away.

This weeks episode was good. Do they have a working treadmil at woodbury? Andrea's got some really good cardio given how much running she was doing. I liked the scene where the governor is stalking her in that building and how she was able to get that hallway full of zombies to attack him and get away. Sad ending for her though, being that close to the prison only for the governor to snatch her away.

Edited by J2112YYZ

I think this is also the best season, by far, as well. They started off with a huge bang, and took it all the way to the break. They've had a couple of filler episodes, building up to these last couple.

The most recent episode was a bit disappointing, though. But it was still better than most of season two.

Properly paced and written, what's gone on this third season could have been condensed into half the episodes. With each episode it's harder for me to turn off my brain and just enjoy the good parts while ignoring the poor writing and acting. Showrunner Glen Mazzera(sp?) has been fired so hopefully AMC hires someone that can make season 4 better (not really that hard) than the first 3. And if they can't figure out how to pace a season and write consistently solid episodes then hopefully they scale back to a max of 12 to minimize the filler. Clearly 16 episodes this season has extended those involved beyond their capabilities.

As long as they are getting the ratings, I can't see them lessening the number of episodes in a season.

Exactly.

I thik this season has been paced out pretty good. You can't have all fast paced action all the time like the first few episodes of this season were. It would be too much and get old fast I would think. They've paced it out nicely between the action filled episodes and the slower moving episodes just fine this season. Yes, there will be a big finish to this season, there's no way these last few episodes won't end the season with a bang. This war between the prison and woodbury won't be like a fukkin ballet, that's for sure. Also, lessening the seasons from 16 to 12 episodes won't necessarily kill any filler episodes. I've seen shows that only have 12 episodes a year and still have filler. Seasons five and six of Dexter come to mind right away.

This weeks episode was good. Do they have a working treadmil at woodbury? Andrea's got some really good cardio given how much running she was doing. I liked the scene where the governor is stalking her in that building and how she was able to get that hallway full of zombies to attack him and get away. Sad ending for her though, being that close to the prison only for the governor to snatch her away.

I concur.

Wow...... amazing episode last night. Lots of good action and the ending was very unexpected. Major Spoilers Below:

Merle getting his fingers bit off in the fight with the Governor who then firstly casually spit them out, and then secondly shot Merle...... and then Merle becoming a zombie, then Daryl showing up to find his Zombie brother and then having to end him, made for one hell of an excellent last 10 minutes of that episode. Bravo!!!! Season finale next week!