The Walking Dead

vital signz

For anyone who plays video games, The Walking Dead game is being released on the 30th

http://ps3.ign.com/objects/100/100887.html

The main thing I don't like is that they don't have the characters from the comic/show in it. There's five different suvivors you can play as that have a specific story for each. I'm not sure if I wanna get it if you can't play as any of the main characters. That makes no sense to me.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Apr 6 2012, 07:56 AM)
For anyone who plays video games, The Walking Dead game is being released on the 30th

The main thing I don't like is that they don't have the characters from the comic/show in it. There's five different suvivors you can play as that have a specific story for each. I'm not sure if I wanna get it if you can't play as any of the main characters. That makes no sense to me.

That's retarded. If you can't play as any of the characters from the show or comic, then it's just another zombie game with the Walking Dead label slapped on it. confused13.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 6 2012, 09:20 AM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Apr 6 2012, 07:56 AM)

That's retarded. If you can't play as any of the characters from the show or comic, then it's just another zombie game with the Walking Dead label slapped on it. confused13.gif

Pretty much. The game still follows the basic storyline from the comic/show but if you can't play as characters you like then what's the point? I don't think the game will be as enjoyable because of that. It's like if the new Madden had made up names for the players instead of using the real ones. Why would bother playing it?

I posted this in Facebook this morning:

"On the third day, Jesus rose... starting mankind's fascination with zombies, culminating in the quite excellent Walking Dead series on AMC. So take a moment this Easter and thank Jesus for the Walking Dead if you're a fan of the show like I am."

I got sick a few weeks ago and was stuck in bed every day. Upon recommendation from a friend, I started watching the first season on Netflix and pretty much watched the whole of it in one day. Then I watched season two on the interwebs the rest of the week. My GOD I love this series now. It's not perfect, and it has it's shortcoming and derp moments, but overall, it's amazing wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Then I got my Dad into it. We watched the first two seasons in a week. We're ready for season 3.....like now. drool1.gif

laugh.gif

The story they're doing for the upcoming season is the best story arch in the entire comic book run. They've changed stuff for the TV show but I hope they don't alter much of anything with the upcoming season. We're in for a really fun ride if they remain as true as they can to the comic this season.

I'm looking very forward to the next season.

This is a SPOILER, but the comic is quite different from the show in several ways. Some characters died much earlier in the comic. Some not at all. There are many more characters in the comic than the television show so I think you have to think of them as two different story lines with some of the same characters.

Anyway, my desire is to see this:

I really hope they move up to the part where Lori buys it like she does in the comic. That would be almost as wonderful a guilty pleasure as seeing Carl get eaten alive. They've changed things before so why not go ahead and make everybody's day.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Oct 14 2012, 10:16 PM)
I enjoyed the Season 3 premiere very much. Lots more zombie action and plenty of tension and twists and turns. It looks like Season 3 might be the television show I was hoping for since the beginning.

Agreed. Really enjoyed it. Finally feels like they are moving forward.

Where the show is right now is what was the best story arc in the comic. The show has differed on a number of things so the story won't be exactly the same but this season should be really good.

How badass was everyone while clearing out the first part of the prison? They killed more zombies during that then they have in the entire shows run so far and there's still a lot more to go in order to make the whole prison safe.