The Walking Dead

vital signz

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Mar 23 2012, 09:27 AM)
I'm not going through this thread at all but I'm posting to say... just watched Season One yesterday. Like, all of it. Yesterday. Stayed up way too late last night finishing it, but it was like a book you can't put down.

I'll be starting Season Two tonight, but at 13 episodes, I don't think I'll finish in a single day wink.gif

Great show. Looking forward to seeing where it goes, despite a few general rumblings that Season Two wasn't as good as the first.

The first half of season two is very slow but it's still good. It builds up to something good at the end. It just takes them awhile to get there.

I recently started reading the comic book series of this and it's better than the show. The writers of the comic tell a much better story and give all of the characters their moments. Instead of forgetting about them like the writers have done with some of the cast this season. If anyone is interrested you should check out the comic. The stories move at a faster pace and while the show has taken some ideas from it, the comic has many different things going on in it.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Mar 23 2012, 10:54 AM)
I'm not going through this thread at all but I'm posting to say... just watched Season One yesterday. Like, all of it. Yesterday. Stayed up way too late last night finishing it, but it was like a book you can't put down.

I'll be starting Season Two tonight, but at 13 episodes, I don't think I'll finish in a single day wink.gif

Great show. Looking forward to seeing where it goes, despite a few general rumblings that Season Two wasn't as good as the first.

The first half of season two is very slow but it's still good. It builds up to something good at the end. It just takes them awhile to get there.

I recently started reading the comic book series of this and it's better than the show. The writers of the comic tell a much better story and give all of the characters their moments. Instead of forgetting about them like the writers have done with some of the cast this season. If anyone is interrested you should check out the comic. The stories move at a faster pace and while the show has taken some ideas from it, the comic has many different things going on in it.

yeah i agree. i wouldn't say season 1 is better than 2. 2 just takes longer to get going but the payoff is worth it.

season 2 is MUCH better, actually.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Mar 23 2012, 06:35 PM)

season 2 is MUCH better, actually.

I heard it was slower paced, but I've been trying to avoid reading too much about it, so that may have been off-base. I've just watched the first two episodes of season two and it's quite good; I like that it picks up right where season one ended, not "Six Months Later..." or some such nonsense.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Mar 23 2012, 08:55 AM)
Speaking of being a badass, Herschel's level went to the max in the season finale. The way he just stood his ground and mowed down all those zombies one after the other with his shotgun was great waffen093.gif

Having the Shark Code for nearly unlimited ammo doesn't hurt either...old man just stood there and kept on pumping lead. Only ran out just in time for Rick to save his ass.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Mar 21 2012, 04:36 PM)
...and damn if I didn't want to throw that Lori character out the window for insisting he take Shane out and then recoil after he did just that. What a bitch!!

This right here. She pretty much seduced Rick into killing Shane and then get's angry when he does...and then only when he really had no choice?

She needs her dome lopped off by Katana Chick.

Rick has every reason to go to the dark side: he was forced to kill his best friend, his wife is an insufferable bitch that screwed said friend. Not to mention it's the zombie apocalypse and they're all infected anyway...I'd go all dark side too.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Mar 23 2012, 07:14 PM)
...and damn if I didn't want to throw that Lori character out the window for insisting he take Shane out and then recoil after he did just that. What a bitch!!

This right here. She pretty much seduced Rick into killing Shane and then get's angry when he does...and then only when he really had no choice?

Rick has every reason to go to the dark side: he was forced to kill his best friend, his wife is an insufferable bitch that screwed said friend. Not to mention it's the zombie apocalypse and they're all infected anyway...I'd go all dark side too.

Perhaps Lori thought Shane would win that feud and was egging Rick on to try to get him into a situation he couldn't handle.

QUOTE (Ultra @ Mar 23 2012, 10:18 PM)

Perhaps Lori thought Shane would win that feud and was egging Rick on to try to get him into a situation he couldn't handle.

That makes sense.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Mar 23 2012, 11:09 PM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Mar 23 2012, 08:55 AM)
Speaking of being a badass, Herschel's level went to the max in the season finale. The way he just stood his ground and mowed down all those zombies one after the other with his shotgun was great waffen093.gif

Having the Shark Code for nearly unlimited ammo doesn't hurt either...old man just stood there and kept on pumping lead. Only ran out just in time for Rick to save his ass.

Thought about that too.....Did ya notice that nobody, moving or not, at close or long range missed his or her target?

They should be the next contestants on Top Shot!!!

Edited by Invisible To Telescopic Eye

I watched all of Season 2 yesterday and today. This is my new favorite show... well, until Game of Thrones comes back. What an amazing finale... and I was wondering the whole damn time if it would be revealed what Jenner told Rick, and MAN what a payoff. I thought for sure Jenner was telling him that he witnessed Shane trying to have his way with Lori on the monitors or something.

Maybe it's because I watched it all at once and not over a period of months, but I didn't feel like they spent too much time at the farm. That seems to be the biggest complaint from a bunch of the sites that I've read tonight.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Mar 24 2012, 07:06 AM)
Yeah, from a moving car or five feet away EVERY shot was a kill shot to the head. biggrin.gif Hilarious.

During that whole time I kept hearing HEADSHOT! in my head like I'd hear when I used to play Unreal Tournament back in the day z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (Ultra @ Mar 23 2012, 10:18 PM)

Then that makes her a c@nt in addition to a bitch!!!

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Mar 24 2012, 09:49 PM)
I watched all of Season 2 yesterday and today. This is my new favorite show... well, until Game of Thrones comes back. What an amazing finale... and I was wondering the whole damn time if it would be revealed what Jenner told Rick, and MAN what a payoff. I thought for sure Jenner was telling him that he witnessed Shane trying to have his way with Lori on the monitors or something.

Maybe it's because I watched it all at once and not over a period of months, but I didn't feel like they spent too much time at the farm. That seems to be the biggest complaint from a bunch of the sites that I've read tonight.

Yeah that was the main complaint about season two that and all the time they spent looking for sophia when you knew by the second episode they spent on that what happened to her. I would imagine watching the whole season in a row isn't too bad but watching it once a week just waiting for something to happen was boring as shit. At least in the end there was the big payoff with the zombie barn massacre and the revealing/killing of zombophia. The season was really good after that though.

I have only watched season 1, I was not very impressed. I really like the subject, zombies are fun. I just found that the actions that many of the main characters took just did not ring true, and if they did the characters are very flawed.

Examples; One of the first things the deputy decides to do is head for the big city. He is disoriented, but he has witnessed what is going on. On his way in he sees evidence that things must be really bad there, traffic on the highway, yet he continues, on a horse, when there are vehicles everywhere. Another is when the kid brings back the red car to the camp, they strip it for some reason....tires??? Isn't the vehicle in fine working shape, they can find no other use for it than to strip it? There are quite a few other things that just niggle at my mind as being half reasonable, it kind of ruins the show for me. I am not sure the writers care.

QUOTE (burgeranacoke @ Mar 25 2012, 09:57 AM)
I have only watched season 1, I was not very impressed. I really like the subject, zombies are fun. I just found that the actions that many of the main characters took just did not ring true, and if they did the characters are very flawed.
Examples; One of the first things the deputy decides to do is head for the big city. He is disoriented, but he has witnessed what is going on. On his way in he sees evidence that things must be really bad there, traffic on the highway, yet he continues, on a horse, when there are vehicles everywhere. Another is when the kid brings back the red car to the camp, they strip it for some reason....tires??? Isn't the vehicle in fine working shape, they can find no other use for it than to strip it? There are quite a few other things that just niggle at my mind as being half reasonable, it kind of ruins the show for me. I am not sure the writers care.

He was heading for the city because of the odds that there would be survivors. I agree the horse was weird, but I think that at some point he must have decided he needed to keep quiet, and the horse would be quieter than a car. Not a great decision, but that's all I can come up with that makes sense.

The red car was a sports car, possibly a two-seater, I don't recall. It could be they were stripping it for parts for the vehicles that could hold more people. The RV in particular was always five minutes away from breaking down.

I was always surprised that they didn't try to get some better transportation, but I suppose fear (and pragmatism) kept them from looking around too much.

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Mar 25 2012, 09:34 AM)
I wonder why they didn't try to siphon any gas at the end of season 2 when they were on the highway.

I agree, while Rick and Hershel were waiting, that would have been a great time to try to get a bit of gas from the other cars stuck on the freeway. He must have known he was running low since he had driven the truck out of the farm.

QUOTE (Ultra @ Mar 25 2012, 01:21 PM)
QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Mar 25 2012, 09:34 AM)
I wonder why they didn't try to siphon any gas at the end of season 2 when they were on the highway.

I agree, while Rick and Hershel were waiting, that would have been a great time to try to get a bit of gas from the other cars stuck on the freeway. He must have known he was running low since he had driven the truck out of the farm.

didn't they start to so that at the start of season2 when the herd arrived?

Given the size of the zombie herd that over took Herschel's farm they probably didn't want to take to time to siphon gas from the cars in case there was another one on it's way. Everyone was pretty freaked out by the huge herd so i'm guessing they wanted to drive as far away from it as possible and not waste anytime.

I know people like to pick apart the logic in this show but think about it for a second, if you were in this situation what would you do? A lot of your descisions wouldn't be logical, they would just be the best choice that allows to survive another day. I mean it's not like people get trained at their jobs everyday as to what to do in case the world goes to hell like this.

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Mar 25 2012, 03:34 PM)
Especially since Rick said he's been driving on E for about an hour.

That's true. Do we know just how far down the road they got? Maybe they did siphon a little gas before leaving but it just wasn't shown?