The Walking Dead

vital signz

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Nov 29 2010, 03:44 PM)
Last night's episode was pretty good. But, I can't shake the feeling and opinion that The Walking Dead, so far, is a missed opportunity. I like it, but it's not very original. There's not one thing unique to the series. It's very derivative, but again, it's not bad. I so wanted this show to be GREAT. Anyway, I'll take it as it is and I'll be watching it again next week.

Yeah, I like it but it's just your typical zombie movie stretched out into a series.

Did anyone else want that blond whose sister was killed to also get killed??? She was annoying the shit out of me staring at her sister waiting for her to wake up and become a zombie. I was hoping she would bite her right in the face! And also, her crying scene from last weeks episode was so over the top I almost fast forwarded.

All that said, I do like this and am glad it was picked up for a second season.

finished watching the 3rd episode right now (gotta love the ON DEMAND), loving the show so far.... one thing about this episode that's bothering me.. a minor gripe..

(Minor Spoilers Below)

Rick and the others are going back into the city to save the racist guy stuck on the roof from the previous episode.......... I get that, Id want my conscience clear on that front too, and it's the right thing to do......but Rick cannot get any of the others to agree with him......until he mentions the bag of guns to the group, and then suddenly they are behind Rick's trip back to Atlanta.

That is what bothered me.......GUNS....... YOUR ARE IN THE DAMN SOUTH!... Why go back into a city crawling with zombies for guns when you could break into any 4 houses in a rural area and find at least 1 house with a huge gun case......with plenty of ammo.... going into the city after the guns makes no sense as an excuse.... saving a mans life is an excuse, but that's not what convinces everyone else to agree with Rick... the Guns do that....

QUOTE (The Owl @ Dec 2 2010, 01:36 AM)
finished watching the 3rd episode right now (gotta love the ON DEMAND), loving the show so far.... one thing about this episode that's bothering me.. a minor gripe..

(Minor Spoilers Below)

Rick and the others are going back into the city to save the racist guy stuck on the roof from the previous episode.......... I get that, Id want my conscience clear on that front too, and it's the right thing to do......but Rick cannot get any of the others to agree with him......until he mentions the bag of guns to the group, and then suddenly they are behind Rick's trip back to Atlanta.

That is what bothered me.......GUNS....... YOUR ARE IN THE DAMN SOUTH!... Why go back into a city crawling with zombies for guns when you could break into any 4 houses in a rural area and find at least 1 house with a huge gun case......with plenty of ammo.... going into the city after the guns makes no sense as an excuse.... saving a mans life is an excuse, but that's not what convinces everyone else to agree with Rick... the Guns do that....

I see your point, and initially, I thought, "Yeah! Just go house raiding, and you'll find all you need."

But then I thought, what if all or most of the privately owned guns were all grabbed and used during the first few weeks of the Zombie Apocalypse? I think its pretty reasonable to expect that, in the South especially, everyone grabbed their guns when the outbreak started.

There only being six episodes was a big problem. There was no real story arc and no connection to the characters. A few episodes were very good, but they felt "unfinished". I can't help thinking what is this show about? What's the theme? Very unfocused, but full of potential. I like the show and my fingers are crossed next season and 13 episodes will do the premise justice. As for grading the first season, I'd give it a C+ or a very generous B-.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Dec 8 2010, 06:51 PM)
There only being six episodes was a big problem. There was no real story arc and no connection to the characters. A few episodes were very good, but they felt "unfinished". I can't help thinking what is this show about? What's the theme? Very unfocused, but full of potential. I like the show and my fingers are crossed next season and 13 episodes will do the premise justice. As for grading the first season, I'd give it a C+ or a very generous B-.

Same

QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Aug 27 2011, 07:44 AM)
QUOTE (Khan @ Aug 26 2011, 10:06 AM)
Anyone else stoked about the new season?  This show KICKS ASS!

I'm excited except the main character (whatever the cops name is) has left the show. I'm also excited they are doing 13 episodes this season.

source?

All of the trailers have him in it.

I didn't watch the first season but after hearing so many good things about the show I watched it last night.

I'm very impressed. This show is really well done and the scene where they were hiding under the cars to avoid the zombie herd was very intense.

Interesting end to this episode to. I'll definitely be watching again.

Edited by J2112YYZ

The season 2 premiere was okay.

Unfortunately, so far the best this series has produced is merely okay. I don't know what it is, but the writers can't seem to latch on to any concrete theme or consistency.

Overall, I like it. But I want to LOVE it. So far, it ain't happening...

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Oct 18 2011, 03:50 PM)

Unfortunately, so far the best this series has produced is merely okay. I don't know what it is, but the writers can't seem to latch on to any concrete theme or consistency.

Yeah I know. It's definitely not like Breaking Bad or Mad Men where I HAVE to watch it. Can't figure it out because it's got good acting, nice cinematography but it's just missing something.

The ending on Sunday should have been gripping and dramatic but it was kind of...eh...he got shot. Can't get invested in the characters.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Oct 18 2011, 03:16 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Oct 18 2011, 03:50 PM)

Yeah I know. It's definitely not like Breaking Bad or Mad Men where I HAVE to watch it. Can't figure it out because it's got good acting, nice cinematography but it's just missing something.

The ending on Sunday should have been gripping and dramatic but it was kind of...eh...he got shot. Can't get invested in the characters.

it is definitely suffering from a lack of compelling characters. I really don't care about any of 'em.