Well Thought Lyrics

Nate2112

Well then...

Neil just has a nack for writing but I gotta say, Subdivisions is pretty damn' good.

Subdivisions

In the high school halls

In the shopping malls

Be cool or be cast out!

I love when rush goes social! 1022.gif

QUOTE (ChiliFan @ Oct 21 2010, 03:35 PM)
Time Stand Still has my favourite lyrics ever. I can't help but get all emotional when I hear them, particularly the last verse.

trink39.gif One of my fav song

QUOTE (ChiliFan @ Oct 21 2010, 04:35 PM)
Time Stand Still has my favourite lyrics ever. I can't help but get all emotional when I hear them, particularly the last verse.

yes.gif

Especially as the years go by it's one of those songs that has more meaning.

Well, those of us who were the "misfits and dreamers" really get Subdivisions. But I also like how that word is double-layered; the housing subdivisions and the subdivisions of social groups. Neil's good at that.

Time Stand Still is a lovely song but I can't listen to it right now - it just guts me since I lost my Mother last November. Red Sector A... man, I always wonder what Geddy said when Neil gave him those lyrics. I also feel that the vocals on that song are one of Geddy's best performances.

Another favorite lyric is Natural Science. I just love the word play, the descriptive words, the progression... brilliant.

But I've glommed onto one phrase from Resist that just resonates with me: I can learn to close my eyes to anything but injustice. That's me to a tee. cool.gif

QUOTE (Blenderhead @ Oct 21 2010, 04:22 PM)
Those are the worst lyrics from Subdivisions. Way to go.

I agree, though. Neil has crafted (and stolen) some pretty good lyrics over the years. smile.gif

Stolen?

QUOTE (Gilbertk @ Oct 21 2010, 07:59 PM)
QUOTE (Blenderhead @ Oct 21 2010, 04:22 PM)
Those are the worst lyrics from Subdivisions.  Way to go.

I agree, though.  Neil has crafted (and stolen) some pretty good lyrics over the years. smile.gif

Stolen?

Probably just referring to the countless times that Neil has based his lyrics off of (and often directly quoted) many pieces of literature.

QUOTE (TullSkull @ Oct 21 2010, 10:50 PM)

Yep, didn't see much of TSS in Boston, because tears were filling my eyes, no shit.

Either I'm a whimp or those are some damn good lyrics!!!

Who'se calling me a whimp? angry.gif

QUOTE (LERXST69 @ Oct 22 2010, 06:55 AM)

Yep, didn't see much of TSS in Boston, because tears were filling my eyes, no shit.

You're not a wimp. You just get those lyrics now. It happens as one gets older....

yes.gif

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Oct 23 2010, 08:00 AM)
QUOTE (LERXST69 @ Oct 22 2010, 06:55 AM)

You're not a wimp. You just get those lyrics now. It happens as one gets older....

yes.gif

Jackpot!!!!

That's why I came all the way over from Europe to see them on this tour in Boston. Just wanted to do this, it may be to late one day.

Roger Waters also said something about time, and the other guy, what's his name.............. Stephen Hawking laugh.gif

Archived