Final Thoughts

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw them twice this tour-at Shoreline and Vegas. Had great seats at Shoreline and even better seats at Vegas-3rd row center. These were the best seats I have ever had for Rush and it was one of the greatest days of my life!!! Had an awesome time at RushCon, met lots of great people, awesome seats for the show and my wife got a pick from Alex.

In June, we made the trip down to Hollywood to see the guys get their star on the Walk of Fame. Whatever anyone thinks of this honor, it really was a special day for those who were there. It was a day that i will never forget.

All in all, it was a great tour and an incredible summer for us. The only problem is that I need to start saving some money now since I will never be satisfied with crappy seats again.

This tour marked the first time I'd seen Rush since 1984 (GuP). It was epic! They played with such energy and skill... they are just getting better and better. It seems there is no limit for them. It's great to hear that they enjoyed themselves as much as we did - very good news indeed for the future.

Next time I will get the VIP package and meet Ged & Alex and sit in the front row. Can't wait!

2.gif cheer.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Oct 17 2010, 05:44 PM)
This tour confirmed that Rush are still a very long way away from being washed up. They've still got it in spades.

Can't wait for what's next!

Goddam right sister!!

1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

They performed at such a high level this tour, it was crazy good in Tampa! I caught my wife who is mainly a country music fan humming songs from the show days later, lmfao another newer fan RUSHIFIED!

QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 18 2010, 10:08 AM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Oct 17 2010, 04:16 PM)
Thank you Rush for this tour.  We hope to see you again sometime real soon.

And the next tour will be....

Anyone know?

Next summer?

yes.gif

The new album is suppose to be ready by next summer so they will tour once again next year new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Amazing tour, no doubt! yes.gif Like many people here have sayed, Rush seems to just get better and better each tour. They sounded damn-near FLAWLESS on this tour...despite some technical issues Alex had earlier in the tour. doh.gif Other than that - phenominal tour!

Highlights for me were: Presto, Stick It Out, Faithless, BU2B, Marathon, ALL of Moving Pictures (esp. The Camera Eye...FINALLY! 1022.gif ) Caravan, Closer to The Heart, La Villa Strangiato...ah, forget it..the ENTIRE SHOW was sick!

Another highlight was having my friend Patrick with us, who had never seen Rush before, but really liked their music. He was blown away yes.gif And he definately wants to see them again on the Clockwork Angels tour. I'll be there, too!

Here's to a GREAT tour, a new upcoming album, and ANOTHER great tour to look foreward too in the near future! trink39.gif

So I hear from last night is that they dedicated Stick It Out to the 33 Chilean miners and that Alex had a 33 painted on one of his Les Pauls. what a nice gesture!!!!!!!!

I am sure the Boys are ready for a break. Then to the new CD. I bet the new tour wont be till much later in the year, Sept or so. I guess it will depend on how much they have on tracks now. They did a great job this time, I did like what i saw.

bekloppt.gif Thanks 2.gif! sniff...come back soon...b_sigh.gif

music.gif sad.gif see ya (see ya), smile.gif

hope you had a good good time (da dum) yes.gif

hope you had a good tour time (hmm mmm) trink39.gif

hope we get to see you again music.gif applaudit.gif

th1245.gif

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Oct 17 2010, 03:19 PM)
QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Oct 17 2010, 02:53 PM)
My least favorite song to hear live was 2112 Overture/Temple. Either play it all or none.

They've been playing it that way on almost every tour since the 70s. The only time they played the whole thing was in 96-97 for the Test for Echo tour.

Rush opened with the entire 2112 suite from the 2112 tour through to Permanent Waves. The Moving Pictures tour was the first tour where they started shortening it to just Overture/Temples.

My thoughts about Rush:

1) I am always a little worried about Geddy's voice. Since Test For Echo, I would assess he has not been all there. He has managed it well, though ... singing especially good on the Snakes & Arrows tour. For the recent Time Machine tour he definitely had a couple of off notes. I am not complaining, though ... I am just saying that it worries me.

2) Is it just me or is Rush's great songwriting is getting ... even better?? I love the two new songs, and have come to absolutely love S&A and Vapor Trails.

3) The "whole album" concept for touring is VERY popular these days by seemingly every older established act. That being the case, if Rush did this again, what album would they choose to do in its entirety?? Probably not 2112 because of the higher singing registers (see #1). Hmmm, that would make the logical contender A Farewell To Kings. Maybe Signals? How cool would that be??

4) Everyone always wants to discuss ad infinitum why Rush has existed so long. Oy vey ... The answer to me is sooooo obvious. It is the SONGWRITING, stupid. That is why they are still going strong able to include new gems like Working Them Angels and Caravan into their current set so flawlessly. This makes the set fresh, unlike ... for example ... a Kiss concert.

Shawn is right, in the '70s they used to play the whole cong except for Part Five: Oracle - The Dream. They only played that one on the Test For Echo tour.

QUOTE (mong82191 @ Oct 18 2010, 09:06 AM)
So I hear from last night is that they dedicated Stick It Out to the 33 Chilean miners and that Alex had a 33 painted on one of his Les Pauls. what a nice gesture!!!!!!!!

Now THAT is another reason why I love these guys. No, they aren't loud about it but they do charity work and practice acts of kindness. This makes them even better, IMO.

biggrin.gif

It was a special tour for me as I was able to share the joy of Rush with my son for the first time.

He had a total blast and still can't stop talking about it. He already put in his request for front row seats for the next tour!

LOL.

Saw them in Seattle and can't believe the tour is over. I really wanted to make a second show, but just couldn't justify the cost/travel (especially since they didn't play in Vancouver). Damn, how do you feel "satisfied" with seeing only one show? Those of you that have seen several shows on this tour, maybe you do but c'mon. As soon as the lights came on after the final note, I was sad and wanted to recreate the whole concert experience again!

You know what is cool about reading all your thoughts? It brings a big smile to my face. It makes me treasure the fact that I have followed the boys since the beginning, thanks to my nextdoor neighbor who told me I had to buy their debut album many, many years ago smile.gif Soooo cool to hear that many of you went to see them for the first time this tour, VERY cool! How many other longtime bands can boast this? Who knows how many albums/tours we will get to see... But I just cherish everything they do. From the past to what is new. Can't wait for the new album and subsequent tour!

LONG LIVE RUSH!!!

Hatchet/Ax/Saw

2.gif

This was my second show, and it blew my firstout of the water!

I'm hoping to follow the next tour around the Southeast anywhere I can get tickets. Maybe get all lawn and then fingers crossed for pit tix at one of the shows.

Viva la Rush!

This tour was great for me. I got to spend another Rush show (and one of the best) with my daughter, got to meet a lot of Rush fans at the pre-show meet-up, got a picture from my daughters Make-A-Wish with Rush signed by the guys, and I got to see a friend that was working the tour. Even though I would have liked to see them more than once on this tour, I am very content with my Rush tour experience this year. Can't wait for the next tour!

This was the first show I brought the kids to and they loved it. My 14 yr old is still talking about it so clearly, it made an impression.

Next year's tour is high on the anticipation list.

This was my 5th tour, 6th show.

I thought this tour was great, considering it was something they practically just threw together for fun.

Probably the most visual 2.gif show. Alot of neat lights, a cool (finally moving!) rig, and some good videos.

Can't wait for the next tour!

(Whenever it may be)