Diamond in the Rough

Inthend

QUOTE (Inthend @ Nov 28 2010, 04:18 PM)
OMG, Clausen hit a 25 yrd and might get he first win!
FG coming up.

Kassy off the upright, no good. fists crying.gif

Kassy has been missin this year.

Oh well, least they kept it interesting and first time Clausen has had enough success to kind of get in the flow of the game. He threw one bone head int. that I still can't see what he was looking at, but overall for him he had a pretty decent game.

The refs. hated us today. Got two rough passer and one helmet2helmet called on us which I will address later in this week's rant.

RB J. Stewart returned and had limited playing time with some success.

RB Goodson had another very nice day running the ball along with a hard earned 20 YAC on a dump off at the end of the game that set up the down field throw before the last sec FG att.

Delhomme tried to help his old team out with 2 ints, one for a TD. But I can't help feeling a little happy that Jake won or actually, didn't lose. Delhomme is such a cool down to earth guy.

So a disappointing day but encouraging. Hey, there's no where to go but up. laugh.gif

Even though I think Clausen will only be an average NFL QB I have to say the pass he threw to get them into field goal range was absolutely perfect.

That being said, Carolina got so lucky to get that FG attempt. If you watch the replay you will see that the WR caught the ball, hit the ground in bounds, and was touched by the Browns player, in bounds. The last 5 seconds should have run off the clock and ended the game.

Mangini was protesting to the official this very point and the official said, "what are you worried about...even if he gets the catch, the game will be over, so it won't matter". Then the refs give them the field goal attempt anyway.

Regardless, the Browns got very lucky to win this game.

QUOTE (Inthend @ Dec 5 2010, 04:26 PM)
Been real busy. Know y'all missed me. : )

Feel good 2day against the hawks. This could be it.

At this point, do you want them to win? They're in line for the first pick and winning won't really accomplish much.

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Dec 5 2010, 04:28 PM)

At this point, do you want them to win? They're in line for the first pick and winning won't really accomplish much.

Oh yeah, i'll take some immediate gratification. And I want it now! laugh.gif

btw, look for punter Jason Baker's TD saving shoe-string tackle on the high lights 2 nite.

Can't rememeber player's name, but he started celebrating his 84 yrd punt return a liitle too soon. Ended up on his head. rofl3.gif

Edited by Inthend

QUOTE (Inthend @ Dec 5 2010, 06:32 PM)
QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Dec 5 2010, 04:28 PM)

Oh yeah, i'll take some immediate gratification. And I want it now! laugh.gif

btw, look for punter Jason Baker's TD saving shoe-string tackle on the high lights 2 nite.

Can't rememeber player's name, but he started celebrating his 84 yrd punt return a liitle too soon. Ended up on his head. rofl3.gif

Well we got tromped again.

Had a nice first half, up 14-3.

It's much better having Jonathan Stewart back. That is a strong man I'm tellin ya. He ran for 92 Hard earned yrds on 21 carries.

Defence kinda let us down today. Clausen did throw an int., his only one today, that was returned for a TD. But after having a good first half, the D was very soft aginst the run in the second to a team that is at the bottom in run offense. We gave up 157 yrds on the ground. Um um um, that just won't do.

But on the Clausen front, it was a pretty good day. I liked what I saw from him today. It's so obvious that he's his only looking at one receiver.

On thing he has learned to do is throw the ball away. Which he did about 7 times today. laugh.gif Seriously he did.

But I tell ya, that boy's got a arm! He was whizzin that ball today, hard. It was noticably fast. You could tell they gave him the go ahead to take some chances today.

He can throw as hard as anyone I've ever seen. Very accurate as well.

I tellin ya guys, when he gets his head into it, he's going be good. When he starts seein those 2nd and 3rd receivers, I belive he going to be a dangerous passer because he really does have a super fast release.

You wait and see.

QUOTE (Inthend @ Dec 17 2010, 09:47 PM)
We are freakin gonna win this Sunday! fists crying.gif

Is Clausen playing for his job this week? If the Panthers get the first pick will they go QB (Andrew Luck), the year after investing a 2 in Clausen?

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Dec 18 2010, 09:20 AM)
QUOTE (Inthend @ Dec 17 2010, 09:47 PM)
We are freakin gonna win this Sunday!  fists crying.gif

Is Clausen playing for his job this week? If the Panthers get the first pick will they go QB (Andrew Luck), the year after investing a 2 in Clausen?

First things first.

After a cold gloomy week in Charlotte, NC and even gloomier football season the clouds finally parted over Bank of America stadium today for the Panthers final home game this year.

Under sunny skies the Panthers played basically a mistake free football game. Goes to show you how far executing fundementals correctly can take a team. That alone might not be enough this Thursday against a team like the Steelers but always helps in managing a game.

Defense played very well today. Got baled out by a couple first half drops by Arizona receivers, but all in all individuals were where they were supposed to be nearly every play. Defensive cord. called a good game today.

Offense again was led by RB J. Stewart who altho fumbling late in the game for the team's only turnover and giving the Cards a bit of end of game hope, otherwise had another stellar preformance, averaging 5yds. on 27 carries for 137 yrds rushing. Goodson the rookie RB replacing injured starter DeAngelo Williams continued his steady play while subbing in for Stewart. Despite a meger 2.1 avr. rushing, he helped convert two 3rd downs.

Clausen was helped tremendously by the success running the ball and had a respectable day going 13 of 19 for 141 yrds and 1 TD.

But he should have had 2TDs at least. His first pass was to the feet of a wide open receiver on a slant route on the Cards 8 yrd line that would have probally scored and at least got a first down.

FG kicker J. Kasay had 12 of the 19 points the Panthers scored which all added up to an rather odd final score of 19-12.

But odd or not Carolina will take it.

And because God loves us so much we still have the first draft pick because Cinn. also won today.

So we get to get eat our cake and have it too. laugh.gif

Well this Sunday anyway. tongue.gif

Btw, I think it would be interesting to have both Clausen and Luck.

Owner Richardson should have plenty of cap room to afford them both if he so wished.

PS- I'd also like to applogize for calling Clausen a snot nose brat.

Since that comment I've seen him take some brutal hits never fumbling the ball. On one vicous blind side hit two weeks ago, you could even tell by the look on LG Jordan Gross' face, that he couldn't belive Jimmy didn't get knocked out mere less hold on to the ball. Clausen's a tough one. Sorry Jimmy.

Congrats on your first win. 653.gif

We're 2-12 and we're punting on the Steelers 33? On 4th and 5?

Coach Fox, I understand conservative play, but dang, for 13 yrds you don't take a chance?

You just stopped a nice drive along with some great opening momemtum

for 13 yrds. facepalm.gif

QUOTE (Inthend @ Dec 23 2010, 08:50 PM)
We're 2-12 and we're punting on the Steelers 33? On 4th and 5?

Coach Fox, I understand conservative play, but dang, for 13 yrds you don't take a chance?
You just stopped a nice drive along with some great opening momemtum
for 13 yrds. facepalm.gif

Well we got a 2nd chance. Same situation, 4th and 5 on 33.

Fail. laugh.gif But better than punting. Fox almost DID punt again. rofl3.gif Then called a TO and then went for it.

But I liked the call, a QB draw. Almost worked. But that's what those usually do, almost work. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Inthend @ Dec 23 2010, 09:55 PM)
rofl3.gif
Did you hear Joe Theisman..."There's not one of those Steeler lineman you would want to put your manhood against."

All of the analysts in all of the world, and the NFL Network hires Millen and Theismann? I don't get it.

I'm just waiting for Millen to critique a GM's roster moves...as the worst GM in NFL history, could anyone have LOWER credibility?

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Dec 24 2010, 02:40 PM)
QUOTE (Inthend @ Dec 23 2010, 09:55 PM)
rofl3.gif
Did you hear Joe Theisman..."There's not one of those Steeler lineman you would want to put your manhood against."

All of the analysts in all of the world, and the NFL Network hires Millen and Theismann? I don't get it.

I'm just waiting for Millen to critique a GM's roster moves...as the worst GM in NFL history, could anyone have LOWER credibility?

So, inthend, what do you think of the Rivera hiring?