Diamond in the Rough

Inthend

Destined to be one of the all time greats. It's only fitting that his acts on the grid-iron be chronicled.

And thanks to me and the others that will soon see Mr. Clausen's great ability and unmeasurable potential, his feats will be available centuries from now for those who wish to know how the legend came to be.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a5/moncitysportscards/Football%20Autos/scan0010-2.jpg

Sunday, Sept. 26th:

Jimmy's first start as an NFL quarterback.

Plays fine. Throws 2 ints. that probally were not his fault.

Rest of team plays like crap. Panthers lose.

Well Jimmy fought the good fight this week but came up a little short.

Only his second start and he only came a few yards shy of beating the defending Super Bowl champs.

But one milestone was reached this week. Jimmy threw his first TD in the NFL. They say the first one is the toughest, but JC made it look easy.

After buying some time in the pocket, which gave RB Stewart a chance to get behind the secondary, he launched a 45 yrd surface to surface ProJecTile which landed like dew into the arms of Stewart who carried the ball, silver platter and all, on in to the End Zone for a 55yrd. TD completion.

No Ints this week. Reads were better. So this is good.

Rome wasn't built in a day. And Rome had better blocking.

Well it's da Bears next week. Very doable.

Would be nice to get OG Otah back.

Ya'll better jump on board while there's still good seats. wink.gif

The legend lives on.

Clausen's stats vs Chicago Sunday

9-22 for 61 yds 1 INT 0 TDs 5 sacks for 34 yds

Total net yards on 27 passing plays Sunday, 27 yds...that's 1 yard per passing play. 3 feet. 36 inches.

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Oct 16 2010, 03:56 PM)
The legend lives on.

Total net yards on 27 passing plays Sunday, 27 yds...that's 1 yard per passing play. 3 feet. 36 inches.

rofl3.gif

It's still early for Jimmy. Plus it's not his fault the O-line is shitty and doesn't protect his ass.

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Oct 16 2010, 02:56 PM)
The legend lives on.

rofl3.gif

Uh, don't be muddling my Jimmy Clausen tribute with the facts. laugh.gif (j/k, thx for the stats)

He really has had no time to pass. I think he did pretty good not fumbling. He's definitely had a chance to gain some experience at moving in the pocket.

Anyway, Fox announced that Moore will be starting against SF this Sunday. Lots of contraversay in the paper this week about it.

I don't know, I think it's probably the right thing. But nothing's goin change till we get Otah back. Gosh, what has that man done to his knee?

We were pose to get him back the 1st or 2nd week. Disappointing. Btw, Otah's our highly payed OL.

Panthers could win this one against the 1-5 Giants.

If our Spec Tms. don't blow field position and points all game and with just a couple of completions to open up our still potent running game we could be all right. We'll see I guess.

But to respond, with more experience, Jimmy could get good.

And again, I guess we'll see. cool.gif

QUOTE (tkdryan @ Oct 22 2010, 12:16 AM)
hmm,, the o line still sucks, another coaching problem just like Dallas, makes me wonder f Delhomme was really that bad

Well, Delhomme's rating with the Browns is 48, down 11 pts from last year with the Panthers...so maybe he really is that bad.

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Oct 22 2010, 04:39 PM)
QUOTE (tkdryan @ Oct 22 2010, 12:16 AM)
hmm,,  the o line still sucks,  another coaching problem just like Dallas,  makes me wonder f Delhomme was really that bad

Well, Delhomme's rating with the Browns is 48, down 11 pts from last year with the Panthers...so maybe he really is that bad.

laugh.gif

He was decent before the elbow injury.

Anyway forgot to post Panthers won with Moore last week. cheer.gif

Jimmy got a little taste of reality. Let him look at some tape for a while; i'd be good for him.

Got the Rams tommorrow, not the best team in the league but their rookie QB has looked pretty good.

Hey, guess who got to play this week. That's right, after Moore was injured, along with half the other starters btw, Jimmy got in a quarter and a half of playing time till he was replaced by Pike. I think that's his name. 3rd stringer anyway. (edit: He got replaced because he was stinking it up. Didn't want you to worry that his Heirness had been injured.)

I made a comment in anther thread in here in pre season about how it might get a little ugly this year. Oh my.

This game made you want to turn away your eyes.

Panthers have So many hurt players, on a very young team.

It a real shame Johnathan Stewart got hurt today. Williams was already out today, so it didn't help we played the 2nd half with also our 3rd string RB. Anyway, Stewart was looking very strong up till 1/2 way thru the 2nd quarter when he got hurt. I missed it. I don't know what happened. He had breakin tackles like crazy today! Oh well. It is what it is. It's ugly. It is not good. Hopefully the injuries TODAY aren't serious.

What can they do?, just pick up the peices and march on is all ya can do.

Also I'd like to address this protecting players stuff.

Now I'm all for protecting players from obvious blantant attempts to knock a man's head off when he don't see it coming.

But our MLB Johnson made a hard hit on the Saints TE coming across on a short route. They only needed 4 yds, and he stopped him short.

And that freakin ref. called freakin Unessessary FREAKIN roughing on him!

Was NOT even helmet to helmet! Yes, their helmets might have touched.

But damn people, it's FOOTBALL! Yeah, it made a big crashing sound. (Johnson knocked the hell out of him) But it's a TE and a MLB. It's goin to make that kind of sound. But's what's more important is that it was a clean hit. It was. Even the TV commentator said it was.

Listen football players move around at high speeds. they zig and zag, Some times the ball carrier goes high, sometimes he'll go low. Defensive players ain't got time to be makin sure they don't touch the other guy's helmet. If your going to make them not hit the other guys head, then just make them not wear a helmet.

rantoff.gif

Edited by Inthend

Well, the Panthers did their part today to move toward the 2011 NFC South championship...it seems impossible that they won't finish last in 2010. Now TB has to do their part and win the division so that the worst to first (or at least to the playoffs) streak isn't broken.

QUOTE (Inthend @ Nov 7 2010, 08:43 PM)
Hey, guess who got to play this week. That's right, after Moore was injured, along with half the other starters btw, Jimmy got in a quarter and a half of playing time till he was replaced by Pike. I think that's his name. 3rd stringer anyway.

Ironically, Pike played for Brian Kelly at UC last year.

FYI...Clausen has been named as the starter for this week's game vs the Bucs. There's no word about whether he's happy about it. But given that his line was a complete sieve his freshman year at ND, having little protection isn't exactly a new experience for him.

QUOTE (Presto_a RUSH fan_06-08-90 @ Nov 8 2010, 05:02 AM)
I am so thankful the Browns didn't take Clausen...I will take McCoy in the 3rd round all day long...but that's just me.

I really think Clausen has the physical ability. He admitted today that he is having trouble adjusting to the speed of play in the NFL. Quite normal and expected.

McCoy is a more mature rookie than Clausen. And was a GIFT in the 3rd round.

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Nov 10 2010, 08:43 PM)
Hey, guess who got to play this week. That's right, after Moore was injured, along with half the other starters btw, Jimmy got in a quarter and a half of playing time till he was replaced by Pike. I think that's his name. 3rd stringer anyway.

FYI...Clausen has been named as the starter for this week's game vs the Bucs. There's no word about whether he's happy about it. But given that his line was a complete sieve his freshman year at ND, having little protection isn't exactly a new experience for him.

First time since 1991 that a NFL team's 3 QBs were all rookies.

QUOTE (Inthend @ Nov 11 2010, 07:42 PM)

I read this to be that the records go back to 1991 and this is the first time that it happened, not that it happened in 1991...if so, this is likely uncharted territory.

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Nov 11 2010, 07:59 PM)
QUOTE (Inthend @ Nov 11 2010, 07:42 PM)

I read this to be that the records go back to 1991 and this is the first time that it happened, not that it happened in 1991...if so, this is likely uncharted territory.

Yeah, it might be the first time. Very possible.

I get this crazy feeling Panthers are going to have a good game tommorow.

I think they're playing at Tampa 2mor. Yep, if that's true, gotta admit it, that's a crazy feeling. laugh.gif

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/...0,5266970.story

"A familiar face at quarterback will greet the Ravens when they take on the Carolina Panthers Sunday.

Brian St. Pierre, who spent the 2005 season with the Ravens, will make his first career start. Panthers coach John Fox chose St. Pierre, 30, over rookie Tony Pike Thursday, according to media outlets that cover the team.

St. Pierre fills in for rookie Jimmy Clausen, who suffered a concussion in the team's 31-16 loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers this past Sunday. Clausen replaced Matt Moore, who will miss the rest of the season after tearing the labrum in his throwing shoulder.

"He's accurate, competitive," Ravens nose tackle Kelly Gregg recalled of St. Pierre. "He's a good player. He was with Pittsburgh a little bit, and they produce some good quarterbacks. He's tough and competitive. He'll have it down. He'll be ready to play."

St. Pierre, who was the third quarterback in the Ravens' final four games of 2005, was also the third quarterback for the Arizona Cardinals when they advanced to the 2008 Super Bowl. He has thrown just five passes in eight NFL seasons, but Gregg said that inexperience shouldn't be held against him.

"He's guy who's been around," Gregg said. "He was in Arizona and he was around [coach and former Steelers offensive coordinator Ken] Whisenhunt a lot. So he's going to be ready to play, and he's going to be anxious to play."

No word on whether they're actually charging for tickets to this game. It certainly doesn't sound like it's an actual NFL game.

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/2010/1...r-panthers.html

Jake Delhomme apparently is starting in another Panther game. It seems obvious to take the under in terms of total points, but then again TDs scored by the defense count against the total too.

I guess there really is no such thing as a sure bet.