RUSH WILL BE INDUCTED INTO R&R HF!!!

Tick

When this is what I look like!

http://gruesomedetails.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/mummy-dead.jpg

I love those movies

I think the momentum for them is building. If their next album charts like the last few album have then I think it'll be difficult for the hall to ignore them. Even if they dont get in, to hell with the people who decide these things. I mean, Madonna and rappers have got in before Rush so I think the place has already lost whatever shred of credibility it had left.

i say forget bout the RRHOF and the real rock journalist that wants Rush in start their own hall of fame so we can get bands like rush, kiss, judas preist to many bands to name no disco, rap artist allowed

I'll be much happier if they don't ever get inducted. It's already been tainted anyway with so many hard feelings from fans towards the hall of fame...and by all the other terrible acts that got in already. Everyone agrees its a joke so I guess the only thing I could do is start laughing if they got in. Just no, thank you.

QUOTE (hunter @ Oct 1 2010, 07:02 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Oct 1 2010, 07:32 AM)
When this is what I look like!

http://gruesomedetails.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/mummy-dead.jpg

So tomorrow? laugh.gif

ZING!

I was there this weekend and overheard a visitor talking to a staff member about it, and they seemed both in favor of it. They actually have a lot of Rush CD's and DVDs in the store, but no more artifacts on display. A friend of mine picked up a vinyl copy of the new Permanent Waves MSFL gold re-master in the gift shop.

The strange thing is that lately, Rush seems to have gained so much attention into mainstream culture just on the basis of them being around so long, that at some point (many years from now when Jann Wenner is no more!) induction will be inevitable and almost anti-climactic. I just don't see them fitting in - the RRHOF is very commercialized. It's basically a Rock and Roll Disneyland. For that matter, I wonder why KISS is not in, considering how great Gene Simmons always was at marketing the band. They would be a far better fit than Rush for RRHOF induction. Rush is about musical integrity and expression, RRHOF is about making money.

QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ Oct 2 2010, 01:15 PM)
I'll be much happier if they don't ever get inducted. It's already been tainted anyway with so many hard feelings from fans towards the hall of fame...and by all the other terrible acts that got in already. Everyone agrees its a joke so I guess the only thing I could do is start laughing if they got in. Just no, thank you.

100% in agreement with you. This is a club that is similar to being on the cover of Rolling Stone back in the day. It went from being something to strive for to something that is abhorrent. When I look at some of the people who have been inducted, I only think that it is recockulous because of all of the important r'n'r acts who have not been inducted. I hope they never get in and if they do they don't show up to accept.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Oct 1 2010, 10:11 PM)
http://themoderatevoice.com/wordpress-engine/files/2009-january/hell_frozen_lordi.jpg

Hahahahah rofl3.gif

Archived