I Remember When......

g under p

QUOTE (metaldad @ Oct 1 2010, 02:50 PM)
I remember when i paid $11.50 for floor seats for Rush [ M.P. Tour]

I remember when the best way to get good seats for a concert was to camp out on line at the local Ticketmaster the night before, and if you were near the front of the line, you actually got good seats.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 2 2010, 10:50 AM)

I remember when the best way to get good seats for a concert was to camp out on line at the local Ticketmaster the night before, and if you were near the front of the line, you actually got good seats.

I remember when the only way to get new music was to wait until the actual album release date and go make the purchase at the record store - and hope they weren't sold out by the time you made it there because you had to wait until school was out.

QUOTE (Mara @ Oct 2 2010, 10:56 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 2 2010, 10:50 AM)

I remember when the only way to get new music was to wait until the actual album release date and go make the purchase at the record store - and hope they weren't sold out by the time you made it there because you had to wait until school was out.

I remember having no idea what theyd play, what they looked like, etc. when they came to town for a concert.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 2 2010, 08:50 AM)

I remember camping out in line at the Forum for tickets to the 1970 Lep Zep Tour. We got there at like 8PM the night before and we were back only 50 or so people. 1287.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 2 2010, 08:50 AM)

That wasn't that long ago. That's how I got tickets for the RTB and TFE shows.

I do wish they'd bring back one aspect of that: first come, first served. This situation with radio stations and corporate asshats buying out the first 10 rows before they go on sale pisses me off.

"I remember when rock was young

Me and Suzie had so much fun

holding hands and skipping stones

Had an old gold Chevy and a place of my own

But the biggest kick I ever got

was doing a thing called the Crocodile Rock

While the other kids were Rocking Round the Clock

we were hopping and bopping to the Crocodile Rock"

(If no one else has posted it yet.

I didn't have time to read the whole thread.

Elton John is the best pianist ever.)

I remember when Trent Reznor was single. I bought every single piece of music he ever made and I wrote his fan fiction. Trent is a Rush fan.

Yesterday we saw The Social Network movie that Trent and Atticus Ross wrote the music for. We might see it a couple more times. It's brilliant. You learn a lot from that movie. Whoever wrote that screenplay was a genius. (5 out of 5 stars)

I remember being really excited about birthdays and getting another year older.

QUOTE (TullSkull @ Oct 2 2010, 07:07 AM)
old.gif I remember when the TV stations went off the air for the night and came back on at 6AM ohmy.gif

all 3 of them... NBC, ABC and CBS

Did you stand up when they played the national anthem while signing off.... laugh.gif

I remember being on a party line and you couldn't make a call if someone down the street was making one.......

QUOTE (GreedHasNoConscience @ Oct 2 2010, 05:05 PM)
old.gif I remember when the TV stations went off the air for the night and came back on at 6AM  ohmy.gif

Did you stand up when they played the national anthem while signing off.... laugh.gif

No.. But I do remember watching it all and waiting for the snow to come on as they were now gone and that meant that dad would be home soon. He worked at NBC in Burbank.. and that reminds me.....

old.gif

I remember going to NBC and seeing them film the Laugh-In show rofl3.gif 653.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Oct 2 2010, 06:14 PM)
QUOTE (TullSkull @ Oct 2 2010, 08:03 PM)
QUOTE (GreedHasNoConscience @ Oct 2 2010, 05:05 PM)
old.gif I remember when the TV stations went off the air for the night and came back on at 6AM  ohmy.gif

No.. But I do remember watching it all and waiting for the snow to come on as they were now gone and that meant that dad would be home soon. He worked at NBC in Burbank.. and that reminds me.....

old.gif

I remember going to NBC and seeing them film the Laugh-In show rofl3.gif 653.gif rofl3.gif

You saw Laugh In Live!?!?!?!????!!!! Oh my goodness!!!!

yes.gif Several times and some of the News Casts too.

I remember walking around the halls of NBC and no one cared, going into sets not being used to check them out. old.gif

We knew what the Red "On Air" sign meant.

Man that was a few days ago.. huh.gif

I remember Drive in Movies and the Keggers we would have. trink39.gif cool10.gif

I remember the dry lake beds and the keggers we would have, trink39.gif cool10.gif

I remember the keggers we would have, trink39.gif cool10.gif

I remember Choosing which kegger would be better. trink39.gif cool10.gif

I remember Planning to hit most popular Kegger first, trink39.gif

then the Arcade, cool10.gif cool10.gif

the the Nerd Kegger, schla03.gif

and finnish at the Drive in. trink39.gif cool10.gif trink39.gif cool10.gif hug2.gif moon.gif blush4.gif hug2.gif

I remember??? cool.gif

I remember when I went to an all black private school and my classmates/friends would asked me, "who the hell is that on my huge green mural on my apt wall?"

I would say that's 2.gif and they would say, "Who the F@%K is 2.gif "

QUOTE (GreedHasNoConscience @ Oct 2 2010, 07:05 PM)

I remember being on a party line and you couldn't make a call if someone down the street was making one.......

I was always sort of bummed that I missed out on the party line era. Some serious opportunities for eavesdropping!

QUOTE (greg45 @ Oct 3 2010, 06:16 PM)
I remember being able to walk down the street and not seeing someone have a phone to their ear or in the middle of a text.

banghead.gif

I remember when, if you saw someone by themselves talking out loud in conversational tones, you stayed away from them, 'cause they weren't right.

Archived