Start time for Alpharetta?

thing2jordan

As far as I have always understood, and going by what's on the ticket, it's 8:00. Allow for the fact that the band generally starts a little later than that to make sure any latecomers get a chance to get in, and I'm guessing we are looking at 8:15-8:20. I'll be there much earlier, though.

QUOTE (yoyo @ Sep 30 2010, 07:27 PM)
i've never been a fan or been to a show. all that changed last night.

i'd go see these boys play again anytime!

Well, you can't just leave it at that! Tell us about yourself, and how as a non-fan you happened to find yourself at a Rush concert?

And welcome!

Thank you.

My BIL is a long time fan - he's seen them every time they've come to Atlanta. This year I agreed to go with him (with our wives). I'm 50+ yo, so I've been aware of them since their earliest hits. Like lots of people, I couldn't get past Geddy's voice and never became a fan, although I did appreciate the music.

Well, the production last night was so tight, the musicianship outstanding, and Geddy's voice not as piercing as it was 30+ years ago, the obvious pleasure the band derived from performing, made for a tremendously enjoyable night. I went to bed and woke up this morning thinking about the show.

QUOTE (yoyo @ Sep 30 2010, 08:06 PM)
Thank you.

My BIL is a long time fan - he's seen them every time they've come to Atlanta. This year I agreed to go with him (with our wives). I'm 50+ yo, so I've been aware of them since their earliest hits. Like lots of people, I couldn't get past Geddy's voice and never became a fan, although I did appreciate the music.

Well, the production last night was so tight, the musicianship outstanding, and Geddy's voice not as piercing as it was 30+ years ago, the obvious pleasure the band derived from performing, made for a tremendously enjoyable night. I went to bed and woke up this morning thinking about the show.

Well, better late than never! You ought to be able to catch at least one more tour, since they've committed (well, mostly) to hitting the road again next year after the album's released.

I highly recommend the documentary Beyond The Lighted Stage. I'm sure your brother-in-law has a copy - of not, they aren't expensive or hard to find. It's a "must-see" for any Rush fan, but it's a fantastic intro to the band for a new fan.

QUOTE (Mara @ Sep 30 2010, 07:40 PM)
QUOTE (yoyo @ Sep 30 2010, 08:06 PM)
Thank you.

My BIL is a long time fan - he's seen them every time they've come to Atlanta.  This year I agreed to go with him (with our wives).  I'm 50+ yo, so I've been aware of them since their earliest hits.  Like lots of people, I couldn't get past Geddy's voice and never became a fan, although I did appreciate the music.

Well, the production last night was so tight, the musicianship outstanding, and Geddy's voice not as piercing as it was 30+ years ago, the obvious pleasure the band derived from performing, made for a tremendously enjoyable night.  I went to bed and woke up this morning thinking about the show.

Well, better late than never! You ought to be able to catch at least one more tour, since they've committed (well, mostly) to hitting the road again next year after the album's released.

I highly recommend the documentary Beyond The Lighted Stage. I'm sure your brother-in-law has a copy - of not, they aren't expensive or hard to find. It's a "must-see" for any Rush fan, but it's a fantastic intro to the band for a new fan.

Saw the documentary earlier this year. It really served to ramp up my interest.

Looks like I'll be buying some CD's and/or DVD's soon...

Turns out the start time ended up being 8:15. Which at first made me angry.gif

But then rumor circulated through the crowd that they were having trouble with traffic, which I can understand.....it's Atlanta! And then I was a lot more forgiving. But I was on pins and needles with excitement up until that point.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Oct 1 2010, 08:09 AM)

But then rumor circulated through the crowd that they were having trouble with traffic, which I can understand.....it's Atlanta! And then I was a lot more forgiving. But I was on pins and needles with excitement up until that point.

Yes parking was a freaking nightmare. Sure I should have headed up there sooner but I was so glad they started the show a little late.

QUOTE (fordgt99 @ Oct 1 2010, 08:39 AM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Oct 1 2010, 08:09 AM)

But then rumor circulated through the crowd that they were having trouble with traffic, which I can understand.....it's Atlanta!  And then I was a lot more forgiving.  But I was on pins and needles with excitement up until that point.

Yes parking was a freaking nightmare. Sure I should have headed up there sooner but I was so glad they started the show a little late.

interesting. we got in and out with ease. we did get there early.