Rush Dream Corner!

2112Oracle

Hello,I am new here,but always come to this site so I had 2 dreams:One of the lovely Kyla Weinrib and her dad Geddy at a Baseball game and of Geddy at one of the Rush concert:he just singing a song I cant remember but he came over to our side of the stage and a lot of people huged him and he hugged me!!!! I was like "OMG,I hugged Mr Geddy Lee!!!!" And I woke up

Hello,I am new here,but always come to this site so I had 2 dreams:One of the lovely Kyla Weinrib and her dad Geddy at a Baseball game and of Geddy at one of the Rush concert:he just singing a song I cant remember but he came over to our side of the stage and a lot of people huged him and he hugged me!!!! I was like "OMG,I hugged Mr Geddy Lee!!!!" And I woke up

I had a dream a while ago I met Neil!!

Here is how the dream started:

I was at a concert(I do not Know which band was playing) and I was looking around(I had some really great seats). When I was looking around, I noticed some one that looked just like Neil Peart was there. I did not realize it was him until the show was over and he was leaving. I was waiting for my mom, so I decided to follow him. When I looked up at him, I realised it was him. I got so happy then. I felt like I wanted to scream. I told him he was one of my idols and that I would love to play drums with him someday. We took a picture together and he gave me one of his books signed. He even gave me his email so that I can contact him if I want to play with him someday! He also told me that Rush was working on a new album, and before I left, he gave me a hug!

Best dream ever!

Once I dreamt about a Rush concert. I was on third row in front of Alex. :D

It was at a stadium and I remind the audience spoke English.

I remind fifteen minutes of concert and the guitar/ bass solo. Geddy and Alex interacting without Neil.

It was quite cool. :clap:

• Like 1

When I was a depressed teen with a dim future, I had a dream about the band that was really wonderful and re-assuring. I always valued that dream. It gave me hope.

MANY years later, when I was going through a stressful time (winter of 2015) I had a really wonderful dream (triggered by the articles at the time discussing the end of Rush)- this dream was more about how the band should feel re-assured that they'll be fine, and "everything was right in the world" because they made music. (Side note- when you work out a lot, work a lot and exert yourself, you have extremely vivid dreams- like Technicolor Plus Extra Light.)

I'm blessed/cursed with prophetic dreams, so during this hard time I got a lot of solace out of that dream.

• Like 1

I don't know if anyone still reads this thread, but I had a pretty interesting Rush dream a couple months ago.

It started with me on a bus that was going past a record store. There was a ginormous Rush poster in the window, with a thumbs-down symbol on it for some reason. (Glad that part's not real.)

Then another bus went by and that bus was full of Rush fans. In the context of the dream I somehow took that to mean that all those fans were heading to a Rush concert. I FREAKED OUT and, well, I'm not sure if I knew about the women-hate-Rush stereotype at that point or not, but it manifested itself in my dream by me saying, and I'm kind of annoyed about this, "What?!? Rush is touring again!!! That's my brother's favorite band!"

I mean, they are actually my brother's favorite band, but still. :eyeroll:

Anyway, I was freaking out about this Rush show, and THEN the dream changed and I was at my friend's house with GEDDY LEE. (It was '80s Geddy because at that point I think I only knew Subdivisions and 2112). I didn't freak out about that, though, strangely. I was very calm about it but internally I was like "oh my gosh it's Geddy!" The two of us were talking, and then he went over to my friend's humongous record collection and started reading the liner notes of 2112. What was funny is that some other people were in the room too and they IGNORED GEDDY. :huh:

Then Geddy had to leave. Everybody said their goodbyes, then after he left I was like "I forgot to get his autograph!" I ran outside but it was my front yard for some reason, and I caught him just as he was leaving and got his autograph.

Ugh, the worst part of that dream was waking up.

Edited by Flavia2112
  • Like 1

Hates Rush???? Whaaaaa!!!!

Kidding.

This whole "corner" of the forums is not popular. I only saw because I like the human side of fandom, the stories. I look often.

Have not had a dream recent enough to describe, but dreams envelope me for a week or two, then they visit somebody else. Then they return and I am glad. Good or bad, dreams are truly our other selves, somehow.

• Like 1

Kidding.

This whole "corner" of the forums is not popular. I only saw because I like the human side of fandom, the stories. I look often.

Have not had a dream recent enough to describe, but dreams envelope me for a week or two, then they visit somebody else. Then they return and I am glad. Good or bad, dreams are truly our other selves, somehow.

Yeah, I know! How can anyone hate Rush?

Your "other selves" thing reminded me, the next time I went to that friend's house after the dream, I kept half-expecting Geddy to show up. I mean, not, like, for real, but...I don't know.

I had a dream about Alex a few nights ago. The only thing I remember is he was sitting across from me at a table. :huh:

Maybe he wanted me to pick up the tab?

Or, like the poster meme I have seen of "Alex...not nearly as popular as Geddy" where the waitress leans all over Alex to get autographs from Geddy...

Perhaps you were not supposed to pay the tab, just lean over with Alex to make room for Geddy's awesomeness?

I've probably had more Rush dreams than I can remember. That one I posted here is the only one I can remember a lot of, I remember snippets of other ones.

There was one where Alex was teaching me to play guitar, and one where Geddy and Alex and a bunch of other people and I were hanging out at my friend's house (same Rush-hating friend, strangely) talking about Neil. And one that wasn't even about Rush but I just remember Geddy being there.

I WANT MORE RUSH DREAMS...

Sometimes I try to fall asleep while listening to Rush, but that never works. I freak out (in a good way, of course) way too much when I listen to Rush, I'd never be able to fall asleep.

The other night I tried to fall asleep listening to 2112. I didn't, but I did have a Rush dream. I dreamed that Geddy had died in a wildfire, and then I was back in time before it happened and I was trying to make sure the fire didn't start. There was this small building where I knew the fire was going to start, and I somehow made it so that there wouldn't be a fire. Then I went behind the building and Geddy was standing in this big field. I knew it was him, because I knew he was near the fire of course, but I waited for him to turn around, I guess so he wouldn't know I'd time traveled. He looked at me and I was like "holy crap, it's Geddy Lee!" even though I already knew he was going to be there. There were a bunch of other people there as well, and everyone wanted his autograph. He said he didn't want to sign a ton of autographs because he was tired. I replied by saying "at least you're not dead." He looked very sad, and then I clapped a hand over my mouth because I realized he didn't know I was talking about him not dying in a wildfire and to him it probably seemed like I was talking about Neil.

Then either I woke up or the dream changed.

The time-travel part probably came from the many times I've wished to travel back in time and go to a Rush concert. And the wildfire part obviously came from the current situation on the West Coast. I'm not sure why I keep dreaming about wanting Geddy's autograph. I had another dream where Rush was playing a show in what looked like a skate park :huh: and I was trying to talk my Rush-obsessed brother into asking them for autographs. If I ever met any member of Rush, autographs would not be my priority.

Edited by Flavia2112
  • Like 1

Kidding.

Your "other selves" thing reminded me, the next time I went to that friend's house after the dream, I kept half-expecting Geddy to show up. I mean, not, like, for real, but...I don't know.

Justin Bieber fans.

I had a dream about Alex a few nights ago. The only thing I remember is he was sitting across from me at a table. :huh:

Maybe he wanted me to pick up the tab?

Or, like the poster meme I have seen of "Alex...not nearly as popular as Geddy" where the waitress leans all over Alex to get autographs from Geddy...

Perhaps you were not supposed to pay the tab, just lean over with Alex to make room for Geddy's awesomeness?

I was joking about him maybe wanting me to pick up the tab. I forget we have members here who are new and do not realize when a member is joking.

Next time, I'll use this after such a statement: ;)

• Like 1

Kidding.

Justin Bieber fans.

There must be SOME people who like both Justin Bieber and Rush. There are a lot of people in the world.

The other night I tried to fall asleep listening to 2112. I didn't, but I did have a Rush dream. I dreamed that Geddy had died in a wildfire, and then I was back in time before it happened and I was trying to make sure the fire didn't start. There was this small building where I knew the fire was going to start, and I somehow made it so that there wouldn't be a fire. Then I went behind the building and Geddy was standing in this big field. I knew it was him, because I knew he was near the fire of course, but I waited for him to turn around, I guess so he wouldn't know I'd time traveled. He looked at me and I was like "holy crap, it's Geddy Lee!" even though I already knew he was going to be there. There were a bunch of other people there as well, and everyone wanted his autograph. He said he didn't want to sign a ton of autographs because he was tired. I replied by saying "at least you're not dead." He looked very sad, and then I clapped a hand over my mouth because I realized he didn't know I was talking about him not dying in a wildfire and to him it probably seemed like I was talking about Neil.

Weirdly, in the dream I felt sadder about Geddy's death than I feel about Neil. Maybe because I didn't know who Neil was before he died.

Not that I'm not sad about Neil, of course I am, just...dreams are weird.

Edited by Flavia2112
  • Like 1

A couple of nights ago i had a dream that a command was given that every Rush song must be simplified. Song lenghts must be less than six minutes, and the song structures must be made simple and easy for everyone to understand. This command had arrived in the inbox of my work e-mail, and it was given by some major authority of the planet Earth. I was lucky to wake up.

Edit: Earlier that evening I watched the Time Machine Live in Cleveland show that featured The Spirit of Radio. Maybe this echoed in my mind when sleeping. We've had a plenty of covid-19-related restrictions and orders at work week after week within a year. Maybe I'm starting to see new threats coming up in the future... :blink:

Edited by Sun & Moon
  • Like 2

A couple of nights ago i had a dream that a command was given that every Rush song must be simplified. Song lenghts must be less than six minutes, and the song structures must be made simple and easy for everyone to understand. This command had arrived in the inbox of my work e-mail, and it was given by some major authority of the planet Earth. I was lucky to wake up.

Oh my Ged. That is an AWFUL dream. Aaaaaggghh. That would just be TORTURE.

• Like 1

Indeed. Reminds me of the story of 2112. Resistance urgently needed, otherwise there's no hope for us humans. :rush: :rush: :rush:

• Like 1

Indeed. Reminds me of the story of 2112. Resistance urgently needed, otherwise there's no hope for us humans. :rush: :rush: :rush:

It DOES remind me of 2112. We must resist. Let's blast 2112 at whoever decided that simplification thing.

• Like 1

It DOES remind me of 2112. We must resist. Let's blast 2112 at whoever decided that simplification thing.

Yes!!! :goodone: :rush: :bang bang:

• Like 1

I had a (somewhat) Rush dream last night! This was a recurring dream that I had once before earlier this year. I went to a city called Fish for some kind of ....school??? Thing??? But Fish was a pretty neat place. Super tall buildings, all of them with weird branding on them, and my friends were there too. Here’s the good part. A couple of my friends and I were hanging out in this restaurant/cafeteria, almost like a college cafeteria when all of a sudden Geddy walked in. We all got EXCITED. I shook his hand and we were all talking and having a good time when one of my friends knocked our heads together and made him kiss me on the cheek! We all had a good laugh about it afterwards but when we left the cafe I got one last fingerpoint from Ged. Shortly after that my ELP alarm woke me up...
  • Like 2