Rush Dream Corner!

2112Oracle

I've had several Rush dreams since becoming a fan. Here are the ones I can remember, from most to least recent:

1. It was the mid-1970s, and apparently Alex was my live-in boyfriend. Most of this dream can't be described on a family-friendly board, but at one point I told Alex I'd invited Geddy over for lunch. He began complaining that every time Geddy came over, he brought his stoner friends with him and they trashed our place. "And they end up drinking all our milk, man! You don't DO that, it's against bro code!" Those were his exact words. Sadly, I don't recall how the lunch date turned out.

2. A Rush-ified version of Neon Genesis Evangelion. Starring Geddy as Shinji, Alex as Asuka and Neil as Rei. If you can make any sense of that, you're a genius.

3. A bunch of friends and I on a road trip with 70s-era Rush to some random town in California. Oddly, though, Neil did not want to ride in the van, and instead pedaled beside it on a bicycle. Occasionally, someone would lean out the window and heckle him. When we arrived at our destination, we realized we didn't have enough money to pay for our motel rooms, so Rush played a mini-concert outside a Taco Bell to raise funds. We ended up with more than enough money and free nachos. smile.gif

4. I walked around an art museum with Flock-of-Seagulls-hair Lerxst as he rambled about how Roll the Bones was hated by the fans because "it's way too deep on an intellectual level for most people to understand." Then we met up with Geddy and Neil and played an epic game of Lazer Tag--still inside the museum.

5. A fairly short dream: I was at the MSG show, and Geddy was crowd-surfing. It was unbelievably awesome. 1022.gif

I've only had one Rush dream that wasn't me seeing Geddy off in the distance (I've had a couple of those...) The one I had, though, was frustrating at the time and kind of humorous in retrospect...

In this dream, my husband, my best friend and I were all roadies for Rush, but my husband and best friend were, oh, what's the word? Oh, yeah, competent! biggrin.gif On the other hand, I was the worst. roadie. ever. Every time I was sent to go get something (like guitar strings for instance), I would become hopelessly lost. I mean, like, REALLY lost. As in, we were in Rochester and I was sent out to get something and ended up in Phoenix, AZ! I got sent to get something from another room in the hotel, and ended up getting lost for hours! Whenever I got back from one of these errands, the guys would yell at me for being such a terrible roadie/gofer. Finally, I was like "If I am such a bad roadie, why don't you just fire me?" And Geddy said "We keep you around for the comic relief!" I woke up at that point...

^ I can so hear Geddy in my mind saying that!!! laugh.gif

Okay, so my non-Rush-fan boyfriend has better Geddy dreams than I do! He dreamt Geddy felt so bad that we couldn't make the Toledo reschedule that he met and greeted us in Hershey (I KNOW)!!! Trouble is, he also told Geddy I idolize him and elevate him to godlike proportions (he'd have gotten an elbow in the ribs from me long before the sentence was uttered if this were real life)!

Now I tried to tell Dan that I love Geddy because he's real and humble and not an ostentatious Joe Hollywood, but somehow he wasn't convinced laugh.gif I must get too starry-eyed at Geddy's formidable talent and hotness... drool1.gif

Edited by 1 of the 7

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Mar 30 2011, 07:20 PM)
^ I can so hear Geddy in my mind saying that!!! laugh.gif

Okay, so my non-Rush-fan boyfriend has better Geddy dreams than I do! He dreamt Geddy felt so bad that we couldn't make the Toledo reschedule that he met and greeted us in Hershey (I KNOW)!!! Trouble is, he also told Geddy I idolize him and elevate him to godlike proportions (he'd have gotten an elbow in the ribs from me long before the sentence was uttered if this were real life)!

Now I tried to tell Dan that I love Geddy because he's real and humble and not an ostentatious Joe Hollywood, but somehow he wasn't convinced laugh.gif I must get too starry-eyed at Geddy's formidable talent and hotness... drool1.gif

That is lovely! biggrin.gif

I had a couple of Rush related ones a few nights ago. It was just Alex in the first one, we were outside some stadium type venue at night and Alex was sitting inside one of those fairground stall thingies up on the counter and we were just shooting the breeze, talking about this and that and he couldn't have been nicer.

Second one was on a much bigger and weirder scale. Neil had a compound away out in the woods somewhere and myself and other people were hiding in the trees ( wtf.gif ). We got caught but the security guy wasn't Michael, it was Matt from Vertical Horizon!

They rounded us up and as punishment we had to go on stage before Rush at their gig and were handed various instruments (regardless of who could or couldn't play) and had to play a Rush song. (We had to stand with our backs to the audience too) I got given a Gibson semi acoustic, which I was quite happy about at first but then I looked at the fretboard and it had what were basically long drinking straws instead of strings! I tried to play the intro to 'Closer to the heart' but of course it was impossible....all in all very mortifying experience! wacko.gif laugh.gif

I dreamt of Rush last night. It was Rush circa 1990. They were singing Superconductor. At my grandmother's house.

Why Superconductor rather than a song I like better? Well, turns out I plugged Geddy Lee (my iPod touch) last night erroneously into Superconductor (the travel charger) instead of into the computer to recharge. Did not notice till morning- but maybe I had a psychic prophetic dream about it.

Unfortunately, the first principal I worked for (in 2001) was there as well. And she was shooting me bad looks.

And a previous dream involved someone having stolen my credit and debit cards. And my trying to find the numbers to call the banks. That is one dream I was very glad to wake up from.

Edited by IChoseFreeWill

This is even better than a dream! This happened yesterday.

For Story Time, the week's box was about Imagination.

One book was all about a Time Machine.

Another book was all about a magic hat, magic wand, and rabbits. In other words- Presto.

Needless to say, I was very pleased. But then, the Imagination box is one of my favorites. I have a HUGE imagination. And so do the boys of Rush, hehe.

My boyfriend's been having all the Rush dreams lately...he had another where he was volunteering at the science museum and Geddy and Alex showed up! He told them that I would love to talk to them, and would they be willing to stay long enough so he could call me and have them talk to me? They were a little hesitant, but agreed. He called me and told me he had a surprise for me, afraid I would pass out when I figured out who I was talking to, but apparently I kept my cool! He doesn't remember any of the details of what we talked about because he woke up, but mentioned that they were very patient and really seemed to be enjoying the museum smile.gif

Very weird and enticing dream for me last night. Let's see...it all began with a ring of the doorbell. Lo and behold, there's Neil, Geddy, and Alex at my door (weird part of this? All from 1978). So I let them in (accounting that no one else is in the house) and we all started talking like normal friends. We start talking about music and Alex suggests jamming. Without hesitation, I said "Sure!" and we moved down to the basement where the music studio is (in the real world, it isn't even near half way done, but in this dream it was completely finished). So me and Neil share the drums and we're basically just fooling around trying to match the other. Eventually, Neil starts out on a small solo similar to the main theme in 'La Villa Strangiato'. This leads to the whole band playing the song from beginning to end with a few awesome improvs thrown in!

By then, we were down there for what seemed like hours. Alex, working as hard as he does, is dripping with sweat from head to toe. Asks to use my shower, I say yes (because I'm a Lerxst fanboy). Here comes the enticing part: I forget he was in the shower and I open the door to find the man completely naked. I will not describe what I saw other than the fact that he had the chest hair of Adonis. Unfortunately, it ended there as I heard my alarm. Oh to dream again...

QUOTE (Oracle @ Apr 18 2011, 11:27 PM)
By then, we were down there for what seemed like hours. Alex, working as hard as he does, is dripping with sweat from head to toe. Asks to use my shower, I say yes (because I'm a Lerxst fanboy). Here comes the enticing part: I forget he was in the shower and I open the door to find the man completely naked. I will not describe what I saw other than the fact that he had the chest hair of Adonis. Unfortunately, it ended there as I heard my alarm. Oh to dream again...

Wow...if only my dreams were that enticing. Weird, yes, but rarely ever enticing. For me, Geddy would be in Alex's place, though I do have some Lerxst lady tendencies. I definitely wouldn't mind finding Alex in my shower. tongue.gif

Did Alex live up to his nickname of T.C.? wink.gif drool1.gif

QUOTE (NobodysHeroine @ Apr 19 2011, 04:44 PM)
QUOTE (Oracle @ Apr 18 2011, 11:27 PM)

Wow...if only my dreams were that enticing. Weird, yes, but rarely ever enticing. For me, Geddy would be in Alex's place, though I do have some Lerxst lady tendencies. I definitely wouldn't mind finding Alex in my shower. tongue.gif

Did Alex live up to his nickname of T.C.? wink.gif drool1.gif

All I can really say is that the image has been stuck in my mind all day. So yes tongue.gif

I had three really weird Rush dreams last night.

In the first, I was watching Rush played The Temples of Syrinx on TV. It was a bird's eye view of the crowd. In the crowd there were these circular platforms that Geddy was running and jumping over the crowd to get to while singing and playing. It was weird because he had to fly to get to them.

In the second one, I was a ghost and I was in this small room with Geddy and Alex. Alex was griping about something to Dirk. Geddy was sitting at this counter in front of this large window looking out over a forest and a field. It almost looked like Geddy was putting makeup on but I was watching Alex. rofl3.gif He wasn't though. He then told Alex to watch his language. Alex huffed and left the room. Geddy looked out the window and looked really upset through the reflection on the window. I then floated over and rested my elbows on his shoulders and played with his hair. wub.gif

In the last one, I dreamt that we travelled to Canada to see a Rush show and we got lost. We stopped at an antique store look for china for some reason. My mom asked the cashier if they had any and the lady got really mad and said that china was illegal because it breaks in the car. After that, we left and stopped on the edge of this lake at the bottom of a steep hill. Suddenly, the boys appeared out of nowhere and Geddy had straight-ish hair. Then, they vanished and we walked along the road. The dream didn't make any sense at all. It skipped around a lot.

Why do I keep dreaming about Geddy's hair? tongue.gif

QUOTE (21xanadu12 @ Apr 25 2011, 07:01 AM)
I had three really weird Rush dreams last night.

In the first, I was watching Rush played The Temples of Syrinx on TV. It was a bird's eye view of the crowd. In the crowd there were these circular platforms that Geddy was running and jumping over the crowd to get to while singing and playing. It was weird because he had to fly to get to them.

In the second one, I was a ghost and I was in this small room with Geddy and Alex. Alex was griping about something to Dirk. Geddy was sitting at this counter in front of this large window looking out over a forest and a field. It almost looked like Geddy was putting makeup on but I was watching Alex. rofl3.gif He wasn't though. He then told Alex to watch his language. Alex huffed and left the room. Geddy looked out the window and looked really upset through the reflection on the window. I then floated over and rested my elbows on his shoulders and played with his hair. wub.gif

In the last one, I dreamt that we travelled to Canada to see a Rush show and we got lost. We stopped at an antique store look for china for some reason. My mom asked the cashier if they had any and the lady got really mad and said that china was illegal because it breaks in the car. After that, we left and stopped on the edge of this lake at the bottom of a steep hill. Suddenly, the boys appeared out of nowhere and Geddy had straight-ish hair. Then, they vanished and we walked along the road. The dream didn't make any sense at all. It skipped around a lot.

Why do I keep dreaming about Geddy's hair? tongue.gif

I dream about Geddy's hair most of the time... Usually when I'm awake, though! tongue.gif

Hello, again! Been a long time since I've been on here, eh? tongue.gif

Well, I thought that my return should be on this thread with my dream last night. Pretty awesome/creepy dream, methinks. laugh.gif

Here it goes:

I was roaming around a forest (like those in Washington), and I approached a trail that led to another part of the forest.

Naturally I went along that trail and saw a cave entrance. I ignored it and turned around. As I did so, I caught a glimpse of a little red-haired girl. I yelled for her to stop and so I could ask her what she was running from. I followed in her direction.

I saw her standing with our lovely Trio, and she appeared to have grown up to be at least 17 years old. Geddy looked at me and then at Alex and smiled. I was utterly confused at this point. And Geddy walked over to me and circled me. He whispered something like, "so, you're supposedly the Gifted one." I could tell that the Trio felt my slight fear because I didn't know what they meant. Geddy then placed a hand on my neck and sniffed the other side of my neck. I closed my eyes and I could feel his lips on the same side he sniffed. His lips opened and he then nibbled at my neck, then fully bit it. It didn't hurt as much as it could've. I opened my eyes to see the girl in front of me and she touched my chest and she disappeared in front of my eyes. Geddy let go of my neck and stopped biting it. He took my hand and we joined up with Alex and Neil and left the forest.

That's when I had to wake up.

I am wondering to this moment where Geddy, Alex, Neil, and I left to and what Geddy meant by me being "the Gifted one."

I'm guessing they were vampires or something, and Geddy changed me into one. But, the girl disappeared when she touched my chest.

Quite interesting...

But, Geddy supposedly changing me into a vampire.... wub.gif

Well, children in a dream usually represent some younger version of yourself. So try to think of what she could have represented for you.

The rest... well.... wink.gif

Here's a weird one I had the other night: I dreamt that Neil had rescued a baby and he was getting a lot of attention for it. Of course, he wasn't comfortable with that.... and I think I just figured this one out while I was writing that. laugh.gif

Lately, I've had several outright bizarre dreams, but no Rush dreams. Why can't I have a dream like the previous one about Geddy? That would be awesome! tongue.gif

I do not understand my mind. wacko.gif

Honey, none of us do! laugh.gif

I've had two dreams:

The first one Rush were playing live in my mum's lounge.

The second one my hubby and I were at an outdoor gig. The concert was being held in one field and we were in a campsite in the field next to it. The show had already started and Neil had long hair. We could hear and see it from a distance but the only way to actually get to the gig was by going on waterslides!! It was very vivid!!

Phew, after a VERY long dry spell, I finally had a Geddy dream last night! I met him briefly before an outdoor show (which I don't even remember the details of). After the show, I noticed he was standing around talking to people at greater length. I wanted to go over and do the same, but realized I wasn't wearing any pants! ohmy.gif Realizing I'd probably never get the chance again, I pulled my shirt down as much as I could so I wasn't walking around in my unmentionables and sauntered on over! I got to give him a hug and tell him I hoped the rest of the tour went well and wished him safe travels. Luckily, he didn't tell me "now go get dressed"! Maybe he would have if I hadn't woken up!

I've heard of people having these dreams where they're undressed in public, and always shook my head, because I've never had one. Figures it'd be in one of my Geddy dreams blush4.gif

Edit: Forgot to mention that when I hugged Geddy, he was awfully skinny, like worse than back in the 70's. Glad he's filled out in real life.

Edited by 1 of the 7