Rush Dream Corner!

2112Oracle

Well, I wasn't as lucky as you ladies to have a dream with the boys in it, but it must have been a good few nights for Rush-related dreams. I found myself in a store that had all kinds of natural products - everything from furniture to health food to herbal medicine. Oddly, one of the clothing items they had was a Rush hoodie that looked a lot like my own, only roomier and made out of fleece! I was debating whether I should buy it, given that it looked so much like the one I have.

I think I had this dream because x_analog_kid_x posted a link on Twitter to a black Rush hoodie at Hot Topic that I WOULD like to have.

Last night I dreamt that I was at someone's house party. And that Geddy Lee was there. And that I was holding some bass guitar. And that he was not happy at me because one string in the bass guitar snapped. He fixed it, though.

That was just one part of one huge long dream. Part of it I was the protagonist, such as when I went to this ballet school/gym and some boy who comes to the library was there (but not his siblings, who are always with him). And part of it I was the spectator- let's just say I was watching Voltron last night before going to bed.

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Jan 30 2011, 08:43 AM)
My friend Petie asked to give him a kiss on the cheek and he was all for it. Then, for the photo, she threw her arms around his waist and he smiled and put his arm around her shoulder. Anyone who is friends with her on Facebook know this photo well. wink.gif

I was in such shock of being so close to him that I couldn't work up the nerve to ask to kiss his cheek. sad.gif Next time, though... yes.gif

And, I might even give that cute little tush of his a pinch...

If I got that opportunity, I would be ecstatic. I'd run out of the room yelling, "Oh, my God! I kissed Geddy Lee!!!" Then I'd faint. laugh.gif

Oh, Ged, the thought of it makes me blush4.gif like crazy. I can only imagine Geddy and Alex's faces if they saw that. Alex would be like, "Whoa, Dirk. You've still got it. Still gettin' girls even when you're pushin' sixty." tongue.gif

He just has that effect on women. biggrin.gif

The closest I got to having a Rush dream last night was when my friend Jesse kept talking to me about the "only seats we could afford" for the Rush show were ones in "Section 800."

Which makes absolutely no sense, considering I'm not paying for tickets this year, and there IS no such thing as Section 800 in the venue we're going to. laugh.gif

So I just woke up from-I think-my first Rush dream. Sad, I know. But anyway, I was having one of those weird dreams that never make any sense at all. It turned into me being in this room with Geddy and this photographer. I remember that the camera was a Nikon. tongue.gif Geddy was doing all of these poses and he did a karate move, breaking the camera. It exploded. Geddy was like "Oh, crap!" and the photographer went to a back room to get another camera. Geddy felt bad about the camera, so I gave him a hug. I actually thought I could feel him, too! But in the middle of the hug, my alarm went off. banghead.gif

Better than a dream- this happened to me today.

I was teaching a computer class. They asked me to show them my Facebook profile- so I did. In my top 5 music, there is Rush. A lady asked me "You like Rush?". And I replied "Yes, I do". She said "you are too young to like Rush" (I am 33, but look MUCH younger). Then a gentleman said "Yes, Rush. 2112". And then I said "Well, I went to see them in concert last October when they came here".

I am still a bit surprised that he mentioned 2112 rather than Tom Sawyer. Though my faves are Freewill and Limelight, I would expect most civilians to recognize Tom Sawyer first.

And no, I did not tell them about my iPod named Geddy Lee and its charger named Superconductor. Nor about my antics on this forum.

Had another Neil-related dream (the best kind! wub.gif ), just before I woke up this morning. There's not much to it, that I can remember at least.

We were in what seemed like an airport, with crowds of people everywhere and long rows of seats like you get in departure lounges, next to the big windows looking out on to where the planes usually are.

Neil and I were together, not sure if we were anything more than friends in the dream but there was some flirtiness going on lol. So Neil was off trying to get some things taken care of, navigating the crowds and trying to deal with people that recognised him. Meanwhile i'm sitting on the seats by the windows just watching all of this feeling quite proud that he's actually with me! eyesre4.gif laugh.gif

So eventually he gets done and he comes over and sits down next to me (he's wearing the red,white and black jacket he sometimes has on when he's riding) and leans into me in a sorta playful "i've got a bone to pick with you" kinda way and says "Hey, you didn't vote for me in Best Drummer!" I then proceeded to get a bit flustered after much teasing and then I woke up lol. Felt quite happy with myself though!

Pretty random as usual but i'm not complaining.

Hey, random is the best kind.... laugh.gif

I had a vague one last night... all I can remember is that Geddy was in it - but nothing untoward was going on, Ged Gals, don't worry. I think I was going to interview him... it was something business-y. confused13.gif

Actually, I had another Rush dream last night.

So, it all started at a meeting with my fictional radio station that I owned, and we were all deciding on who we were going to try to interview during the month of February. We had a great list going: Alice Cooper, Don Dokken, Eddie Van Halen, and, of course, Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson. So, we decided we'd interview Geddy, Alex, and Alice all on one day.

What did we do? We called around to get them all into the studio to do a full on interview with all three. Geddy and Alex were all into it, as well as Alice. Which that was awesome.

They came down to the studio very quickly and we all found ourselves circling a table with microphones and wires all over the place. The sound technicians were testing them out while I talked with the three legends.

Once we got the new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif on the mics, we straigtened ourselves out and put on our headphones.

"Hello, everyone, it's the lovely Oracle. My guests tonight are non other than the lovable Geddy Lee, the talented Alex Lifeson, and the shock rock God Alice Cooper. Hello, guys."

"Hello." They all said in unison.

"So, I would like to start off with this question, how are you all?"

"I'm fantastic," Geddy said as Alex said, "great."

"I'm terrific." Alice chimed in.

"Great to hear, so, you all are now Living Legends, right?" They all nodded and I continued, "Geddy, you were there when Rush was presented the award, and can you tell me how that was?"

"Oh, it was such an honor, I mean, being given this award, after all these years was just awesome. Alex, Neil, and I all talked about this after I had recieved this award and we all were quite shocked by it."

"Yeah, it was just amazing, and I can remember thinking, 'holy crap, I've done this for this long to get this?'." Alex added.

"Alice, you presented this award to them, right?"

"Yes, I did, and it was a great pleasure to give it to them, as I have done an interview with these two fine musicians on my radio show, as you are with us right now."

"And, it is an honor to have gotten you three on my show, as I consider you all to be major heroes of mine," I smiled at them.

Just then, I awoke.

Okay, fellow Geddy Gals. I had this dream that I had just remembered from sometime in Winter Break.

I was in a huge Batman craze at about this time, and I had a dream of Geddy as the Joker that Heath Ledger (RIP) portrayed. And, he looked something like this:

http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu78/geddyleesangel2112/f03827db24212957.jpg

And, Alex was the Riddler, and Neil was the classic TV show Penguin. Kahme, if you read this, you were Poison Ivy. I was also Catwoman.

So, just decided I'd post this.

SORRY, A DOUBLE POST!

QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Feb 4 2011, 09:17 AM)
What the Hell are you lot smoking???? z7shysterical.gif

Nothing...anymore lol Not for going on 3 years now smile.gif Strangely enough, I don't remember as much from my dreams now that I'm not. I think that cool10.gif opens up your Third Eye Chakra allowing for more vivid dreams wink.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Feb 4 2011, 11:27 AM)

Nothing...anymore lol Not for going on 3 years now smile.gif Strangely enough, I don't remember as much from my dreams now that I'm not. I think that cool10.gif opens up your Third Eye Chakra allowing for more vivid dreams wink.gif

Only occasionally... honest! ohmy.gif

And I agree with LM - it does open that third eye. I've had some wonderfully pleasant and vivid dreams after imbibing. But it also tends to make my brain go into overdrive with thinking & creating if I have too much, so I have to be very careful or I end up unable to sleep for being beat to death by the Muse. unsure.gif

cool10.gif wink.gif

Edited by HowItIs

I can say with an honest heart and sound mind I've never touched a joint or picked up a alcoholic beverage -- except maybe to bring it to my dad or a guest. And I've never done any drugs ever, for that matter. I have a weak immune system and I'm paranoid about damaging my lungs and.. yeah. Wind instrument player/singer has to take care of her body.

But I have really weird dreams and thoughts anyways. I'm pretty sure if someone read one of my hidden-away-never-to-see-the-light-of-day-again stories they'd ship me off to a mental institution (granted that they didn't know me personally).

Same goes with my dreams. Most normal dream I ever had was making out with some dude in a white room. That dude didn't belong to Rush though. ):

I envy you ladies with your fabulous Rush dreams. Usually I get evil clowns trying to destroy school carnivals, Harry Potter turning everyone into giant man-eating spiders, and Godzilla stomping around Omaha, Nebraska.

Christine, do you ever dream entire stories? I do that fairly regularly and always write them down when I wake up.

Your Harry Potter dream might make a good one... cool.gif

While I have NEVER done any sort of serious drug (closest being a contact high), I have had some good dreams. I drink on occasion, and apparently I am very entertaining. cool.gif

I promise, big sis, I not smoking nuttin'!! rofl3.gif

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Feb 5 2011, 12:40 AM)
I can say with an honest heart and sound mind I've never touched a joint or picked up a alcoholic beverage -- except maybe to bring it to my dad or a guest. And I've never done any drugs ever, for that matter. I have a weak immune system and I'm paranoid about damaging my lungs and.. yeah. Wind instrument player/singer has to take care of her body.

But I have really weird dreams and thoughts anyways. I'm pretty sure if someone read one of my hidden-away-never-to-see-the-light-of-day-again stories they'd ship me off to a mental institution (granted that they didn't know me personally).

Same goes with my dreams. Most normal dream I ever had was making out with some dude in a white room. That dude didn't belong to Rush though. ):

I envy you ladies with your fabulous Rush dreams. Usually I get evil clowns trying to destroy school carnivals, Harry Potter turning everyone into giant man-eating spiders, and Godzilla stomping around Omaha, Nebraska.

Alcohol is the strongest drug that I have ever indulged in. Interesting dreams, but I don't find them to be more vivid. confused13.gif

Guess I gotta smoke pot to have the good ones (funny, taking something to make you enjoy the time that you are asleep laugh.gif ) but until it is legal, I will quietly resist. cool.gif

I guess I could say I had a sort Rush dream last night. I don't remember alot if it but it consisted of me going to Chuck E Cheese with my dad (for those who are not familar with Chuck E Cheese, its basically a place for kids to play around in tubes and slides and a ball pit and theres pizza and an arcade lol) and playing some games and watching some lady perform then we went home and somehow my dad went missing and Alex was there to comfort me laugh.gif.

It was completely random and thats basically all I remember from it or the key points if you will.

I've never touched alcohol or drugs and have no intention ever to, but my dreams are messed up. It seems no dream of mine is normal. Funny thing is, I refer to it as my subconscious being on drugs. My dreams ride the passage to Bangkok. laugh.gif

No drugs of any kind for me. I'm smarter than that. My conscious mind doesn't take drugs, but I think my subconscious mind does. I have no idea how that works. wacko.gif

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Feb 5 2011, 05:32 AM)
Christine, do you ever dream entire stories? I do that fairly regularly and always write them down when I wake up.

Your Harry Potter dream might make a good one... cool.gif

Usually I start right in the middle of the action and then wake up right before the ending. So I never know how the story's supposed to end. It's absolutely terrible.

Ooomigawwwd but the Harry Potter one was traumatizing.

I had it when I was... ten or something.

I steered clear of any HP book for at least a week.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Feb 5 2011, 10:15 AM)
QUOTE (HowItIs @ Feb 5 2011, 05:32 AM)

Your Harry Potter dream might make a good one...  cool.gif

Usually I start right in the middle of the action and then wake up right before the ending. So I never know how the story's supposed to end. It's absolutely terrible.

Ooomigawwwd but the Harry Potter one was traumatizing.

I had it when I was... ten or something.

I steered clear of any HP book for at least a week.

How frustrating! eh.gif

I do it fairly often. Last night, I dreamt about the life of a baseball player. I'm not a baseball fan but, there it was - his whole story, with details and little incidents and family/friends.... Sometimes I wonder if my mind travels to other dimensions or realities while I'm asleep. I'm fascinated with string theory and stacked dimensions and so forth. Some very interesting stuff, there. A bit mind-blowing, though! unsure.gif