Mom Runs Errand before Picking Kids up at School

snowdogged

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 25 2010, 11:13 AM)
Someone that stupid shouldn't have been allowed to breed in the first place.

Yeah, you're suppose to have license if you want to own a dog but you don't need anything to have children.

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Sep 25 2010, 11:00 AM)

Yeah, you're suppose to have license if you want to own a dog but you don't need anything to have children.

Yes, because requiring people to pay for a license to breed would definitely stop people from having sex.

wtf.gif

Oh, I know - let's make a law that says that anyone... hm. How about, anyone that doesn't graduate high school has to get sterilized. Better yet - anyone that doesn't graduate high school with at least a 2.5 GPA has to get sterilized. Forced sterilization: because stupid people shouldn't be allowed to have kids.

Sounds like an awesome solution, to me. I'm safe because I graduated with a nice GPA - plus, I already have kids. You're obviously safe because no stupid person would ever suggest that stupid people be regulated in this manner.

Right?

I know I'm tempting fate by [somewhat] bashing both a mod and a member here, but seriously guys... this suggestion - that people should be regulated when it comes to having kids - has always been a real pet peeve of mine.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Sep 25 2010, 01:38 PM)

Yes, because requiring people to pay for a license to breed would definitely stop people from having sex.

wtf.gif

Oh, I know - let's make a law that says that anyone... hm. How about, anyone that doesn't graduate high school has to get sterilized. Better yet - anyone that doesn't graduate high school with at least a 2.5 GPA has to get sterilized. Forced sterilization: because stupid people shouldn't be allowed to have kids.

Sounds like an awesome solution, to me. I'm safe because I graduated with a nice GPA - plus, I already have kids. You're obviously safe because no stupid person would ever suggest that stupid people be regulated in this manner.

Right?

I know I'm tempting fate by [somewhat] bashing both a mod and a member here, but seriously guys... this suggestion - that people should be regulated when it comes to having kids - has always been a real pet peeve of mine.

But, on a more serious side, I believe that you are right! People should be able to do what they want with their children! They should be able to lock them up in holes in the ground until they are adults if they want. It is their right as parents! I take it that you don't have any children?

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Sep 25 2010, 12:51 PM)

wtf.gif

Right?

But, on a more serious side, I believe that you are right! People should be able to do what they want with their children! They should be able to lock them up in holes in the ground until they are adults if they want. It is their right as parents! I take it that you don't have any children?

Wait, what? I wasn't talking about raising kids or how parents treat their kids at all. I was making a thinly veiled statement about the government stepping into the role of regulating whether or not certain people should be allowed to even have kids.

Nothing about parental rights after the fact.

And no, I didn't get that you were joking or being sarcastic. There were no visual cues in your post (or 1-0-0-1-0-0-1's)to suggest that you were - and honestly, there have been more people than I can count in my life who honestly believe that the government should require licenses for people to have kids. So, I took what you wrote at face value.

My own parental status - as I said, I've got kids of my own already. Two of 'em, and I taught my daughter, at age 3, to yell RUSH ROCKS! whenever she hears a Rush song, so I'm doing something right wink.gif lol

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Sep 25 2010, 10:52 PM)

wtf.gif

Right?

Wait, what? I wasn't talking about raising kids or how parents treat their kids at all. I was making a thinly veiled statement about the government stepping into the role of regulating whether or not certain people should be allowed to even have kids.

And no, I didn't get that you were joking or being sarcastic. There were no visual cues in your post (or 1-0-0-1-0-0-1's)to suggest that you were - and honestly, there have been more people than I can count in my life who honestly believe that the government should require licenses for people to have kids. So, I took what you wrote at face value.

My own parental status - as I said, I've got kids of my own already. Two of 'em, and I taught my daughter, at age 3, to yell RUSH ROCKS! whenever she hears a Rush song, so I'm doing something right wink.gif lol

right argument, wrong forum.

we silly here. biggrin.gif

concerning the original article, i think it's obvious her children needed ice cream. confused13.gif

what was a mother to do?

personally, i'm not willing to risk prison time for $1300.

sorry kids fists crying.gif

Well, everyone is allowed their opinions on how they feel about over population and how illequiped parents should regulated.

So, with that being said, being in Oregon temporarily and this happening about a hundred miles from here, it was a stupid move at best but as most of us know, being broke and having children rely on you will cause you to make decisions that may seem valid at the time. Oregons unemployment rate is one of the highest, so there's a lot of desperate souls here right now.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Sep 26 2010, 01:52 AM)

wtf.gif

Right?

Seeing as there are obviously no laws that disallow people to breed, my post was obviously a joke. It didn't need a smiley to convey that.

QUOTE (KillerInstinct @ Sep 25 2010, 03:12 PM)
QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Sep 25 2010, 12:37 PM)
I can't believe people actually still rob banks.

She should have robbed a train then. Nobody would have expected that.

Right, they don't have those little call the police buttons under the counter on trains. Much better odds.

I thought this one was the worst mother ever, until I read about the one who locked her kids in the closet. Two of them died.

Some people should not be allowed to have children.

People like this are the reason why foster homes were invented.

There is really no clickable icon capable of expressing my thoughts or my indignation about horrible people like that.

Archived