Do you talk to your neighbors much?

ReflectedLight

I guess I'm not a people's person. I've always been pretty private and usually just hi and bye my neighbors for the most part. my block has been very transient over the years but 98% of the time i just like to go home, give a quick wave, and close my door. i should really start to engage more because there has been more and more beautiful women walking up and down my block. laugh.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Sep 24 2010, 04:54 PM)
I guess I'm not a people's person. I've always been pretty private and usually just hi and bye my neighbors for the most part. my block has been very transient over the years but 98% of the time i just like to go home, give a quick wave, and close my door. i should really start to engage more because there has been more and more beautiful women walking up and down my block. laugh.gif

Your neighbors are probably thinking:

"What's he building in there?"

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Sep 24 2010, 05:56 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Sep 24 2010, 04:54 PM)
I guess I'm not a people's person.  I've always been pretty private and usually just hi and bye my neighbors for the most part.  my block has been very transient over the years but 98% of the time i just like to go home, give a quick wave, and close my door.  i should really start to engage more because there has been more and more beautiful women walking up and down my block. laugh.gif

Your neighbors are probably thinking:

"What's he building in there?"

probably laugh.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Sep 24 2010, 04:59 PM)
i just like having my neighbors not know my business.

Are you by any chance on any of the Lists for Most Wanted Serial Killers? Cause you know.. that's some very conspicuous behaviour and may lead to some sort of formal investigation/ interrogation. If you don't wanna get caught the trick is to blend in with your surroundings...

Just sayin'

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Sep 24 2010, 06:07 PM)

Are you by any chance on any of the Lists for Most Wanted Serial Killers? Cause you know.. that's some very conspicuous behaviour and may lead to some sort of formal investigation/ interrogation. If you don't wanna get caught the trick is to blend in with your surroundings...

Just sayin'

tongue.gif

not at all. a union delegate.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Sep 24 2010, 05:15 PM)

Just sayin'

tongue.gif

Ah...

I can understand the secrecy then...

Well what neighbors I do have out here are a 1/2 mile off and yet next door.

The ass to the SoWest I don't talk to anymore, I just call the Sheriff, as I'm done with him and his trespassing. waffen093.gif

The rest I wave at and say Hi bekloppt.gif

Folks to the West are cool we chat a lot, the wives are in the quilt guild together. 653.gif

They would just as soon waffen093.gif that trespassing neighbor too. rofl3.gif

Now I have to deal with the one to the East as he has build a fence across the corner of my road easement facepalm.gif Hello Stupid pokey.gif

That is the extent of the talkin' in these parts.. old.gif

(that was bad grammar.. edit..)

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Sep 24 2010, 06:15 PM)

Just sayin'

tongue.gif

Henry Hill? laugh.gif

My next door neighbors are great, as are Charlie, Allen and Ann, and Susan (three diff households) across the street. We are also friendly with Jeremy and Kay and their kids.

Here it does kind of break down to owners and renters. There are benefits to knowing your neighbors - Jeremy was the key person who got the cops on the case of the meth dealers and got them arrested. He lives on the corner so is in a position to see everything going on.

QUOTE (Mara @ Sep 24 2010, 08:08 PM)
My next door neighbors are great, as are Charlie, Allen and Ann, and Susan (three diff households) across the street. We are also friendly with Jeremy and Kay and their kids.

Here it does kind of break down to owners and renters. There are benefits to knowing your neighbors - Jeremy was the key person who got the cops on the case of the meth dealers and got them arrested. He lives on the corner so is in a position to see everything going on.

ahhh it's good to have a watchdog.

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Sep 24 2010, 07:57 PM)

Just sayin'

tongue.gif

Henry Hill? laugh.gif

i thought big tree would pick up on the goodfellas quote.

you don't feel like you're in contruction.

yea i'm a union delegate. rimshot.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Sep 24 2010, 07:20 PM)

Just sayin'

tongue.gif

Henry Hill? laugh.gif

Aww crap...

sorry it's been a LONG week and my brain is a lil scribble scrabbled.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Sep 24 2010, 08:22 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Sep 24 2010, 07:20 PM)

Just sayin'

tongue.gif

Henry Hill? laugh.gif

Aww crap...

sorry it's been a LONG week and my brain is a lil scribble scrabbled.

understood. my brain has been fried for a month and i just had a couple days off that didn't do much. i'm flattered you thought i was a union delegate though. tongue.gif

In our case, in terms of our neighbors, we are islands to each other, but we're not building hopeful bridges on the troubled sea.

There really isn't anything we have in common, except for the proximity in which we store our stuff.

Talk to most of mine. Having kids you will have that.LOL. The guy next door builds bikes,HD's and has everything I dont have or need. I do his Jap work,I send him HD's. Its all good. We look out for eachother. Closest thing I can get to the country.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Sep 24 2010, 08:29 PM)
thing is if you become too friendly, next thing you know they are knocking on your door asking if for crap or inviting you over for a boring barbeque with people you don't want to be around. i don't want that.

At my old apartment, everybody talked, borrowed stuff, and let you in when you locked yourself out.

Here, if we say hi in the hall it's a banner day.

Everyone has kids, and I don't, so they hang out together.

They also all belong to the same church, and I don't. Preference is given to people from the church. He posts vacancies there first.

I'm a heathen because I'm from a different denomination, but my money is still good. rofl3.gif

I'm still friends with one of the people from the old building. I wish they'd move here, it would liven up the place.

Archived