Searching for band name

00gonzo

Searching for the name of a band featuring what sounds like a female singer. The vocals sound exactly like Rush circa 1974 (think of the early club bootlegs and the first album) but the backing band has more of a funk/blues groove, not progressive.

I'm assuming they're a newer band as I heard them during the Creed pre-show music. I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

I actually saw Creed at the 99 woodstock. They were surprizingly good. Robby Krieger came out and did some Doors tunes with them and that sounded actually amazing. Dont be ashamed to say you saw anyone. There is nothing wrong with liking the music you like its all personal taste.

As for a band name ...... " Groovemunchkin "

Just a suggestion.

Holy crap i actually admitted i saw Creed one time.

Now im not cool. Bummer!

Want me to give a list of all the bands i`ve seen. There isnt enough room here to list them. Maybe you should list all the bands you have seen and we can pass judgement of whether we think your cool, or maybe you should read the lyrics of subdivisions again and figure out what Peart was saying?

Peace out!

QUOTE (00gonzo @ Sep 22 2010, 07:49 PM)
Searching for the name of a band featuring what sounds like a female singer. The vocals sound exactly like Rush circa 1974 (think of the early club bootlegs and the first album) but the backing band has more of a funk/blues groove, not progressive.

I'm assuming they're a newer band as I heard them during the Creed pre-show music. I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

Probably was Coheed and Cambria.

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Sep 26 2010, 02:34 PM)
QUOTE (00gonzo @ Sep 22 2010, 07:49 PM)
Searching for the name of a band featuring what sounds like a female singer.  The vocals sound exactly like Rush circa 1974 (think of the early club bootlegs and the first album) but the backing band has more of a funk/blues groove, not progressive. 

I'm assuming they're a newer band as I heard them during the Creed pre-show music.  I appreciate any suggestions.  Thanks!

Probably was Coheed and Cambria.

????

Local radio station has a list of band names. They only ask that if you use one of their names, you just tell them. They expect nothing else.

Some of these are funny, but alot of them are, well, Ill let you figure it out for yourselves.....

http://www.tntradioempire.com/links/86442032.html

Archived