So what's your ritual

BU4B

Pre-order, when it arrives book time off work and play to death?

Listen to one track at a time over and over till you get it, before moving on to the next?

What are you going to do when your copy of Clockwork Angels arrives?

popcorn.gif

Go to Best Buy on release day! Pick it up (Salivate a bit), pay for it! Get to the car, Open the package! (Salivate some more)! Place it inot the cd player, Crank it up! Pass out! Come back to life! Eat something, turns out I just needed food!

rofl3.gif

Early in the day I get my hair done special, and go to the spa for a mani/pedi and a relaxing massage. Then I go buy the new Rush cd at best buy and I bring it home and go into the bathroom where I light dozens of scented candles and get into a hot bubble bath. I sip on fine wine, eat cucumber finger sandwiches and crank that f*cker up to 11.

I'll pre-order on Amazon this time, which I didn't do for previous albums. Snakes & Arrows Live I didn't run out and get right away, Snakes & Arrows I had to get late because I was on a road trip on the day of release and had to get it the next day, and Vapor Trails... what did I do for Vapor Trails... I was still in school in Florida, I think that may have been the last time I went to Walmart at midnight. I discovered the band with Presto, and for every album from Roll the Bones to Vapor Trails, I went to Walmart at midnight to get it.

No need for that now. UPS will deliver it right to my door on the day of release for free biggrin.gif

For listening, I like to spin the whole disc all the way through once, then go back and jump around to tracks that jump out at me.

I kind've have a ritual what i do is before i pop that sucker into the cd player i look at the lyrics and read some of the inserts, then i go though every song quick like like first 10 or 20 secs of each song, then i go right back to the beginning again and play the shit of the CD lol

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 22 2010, 12:17 PM)
Early in the day I get my hair done special, and go to the spa for a mani/pedi and a relaxing massage. Then I go buy the new Rush cd at best buy and I bring it home and go into the bathroom where I light dozens of scented candles and get into a hot bubble bath. I sip on fine wine, eat cucumber finger sandwiches and crank that f*cker up to 11.

Wow! Me too! ohmy.gif

QUOTE (savagegrace26 @ Sep 22 2010, 12:45 PM)
Buy it. Open it/download it. Listen to it once. Wait another ten years. Listen to it again.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/ROFLMAODog.gif

I go to store

I buy it

I go home

I crack a beer

I listen.....Repeat last 2 over and over , unless it sounds like S&Athen i stop listening and use as a beer coaster

Buy CD

Look at album art

Oogle the song list at the back and image what they could sound like

Open CD case

Look at booklet in amazement

Take CD out and put put tracks on iPod

Enjoy for the next few months

Learn to drum to the entire album

Go see CA tour live

repeat process until one of them dies

wink.gif

1. Look for leaks online - you tube

2. Give it a couple of listens

3. If I like what I hear and I'm near a music store, I will look to purchase.

4. If traveling to the music store is going to be a headache, I will wait until

I'm near one.

5. When I purchase new cd I listen to the first minute of every song.

6. Return to the beginning and listen to all the tracks from start to finish.

7. Process whether I like what I'm hearing or don't.

8. Turn off sound system.

9. If I like what I heard, I will feel the need to turn it back on and play the

tunes again. If I'm not thrilled I go out for a slice of pizza and than return

and play tears. tongue.gif

I don't know if I would call it a ritual. I'll have a few friends over....maybe some spreading of sheep's blood... We'll chant to the new album....Pretty normal stuff really.

http://www.pattayamail.com/797/pictures/f1-Halloween-Night-2.jpg

I sacrifice a lamb and cover myself with its blood, then go to the store and buy it while howling like a maniac. When I get home, I stop howling long enough to listen to the record, after which I slaughter one more lamb if I liked it, and two if I didn't like it.

Archived