Tulsa Show

OldRod

My first time front row - and the guys didn't disappoint. After seeing them in K.C. in July, I thought I'd seen a good show, but last night in Tulsa, they put on one of the best shows I've seen.

A few technical hitches - Neil broke a drum head at one point looked like, and Geddy had some equipment issues for a bit, but they were playing great. Maybe it was a factor of having a couple days off between shows, but they seemed relaxed and really seemed to be having fun last night. It was a great show, and the crowd had a good time.

I got a ton of pics - I'll post some in a few days when I get them sorted out smile.gif

1022.gif 2.gif

I'll second that. As usual they didn't disappoint. I was 2 rows behind ya and never noticed any issues with Ged's equip. Saw the busted drum being swaped out but it was in between songs so no disruptions to music.

I've been to three on this tour - KC, Wichita and Tulsa. Last night was solid, loved it, but the Wichita show was scary good - flawless. Did anyone else notice the La Villa mini-melt down last night? It was corrected, but for about 10-15 seconds there it was like they were all lost. Still great, though. Snakes & Arrows -KC and TMT -Wichita are the 'top billing' for the last two tours for me.

Here are my pics from 3rd row, center stage in Tulsa.

RUSH BOK Center 09.21.2010

I was in the second row exactly in front of Geddy and it was awesome. Neil broke his snare at the beginning of the last song of the first set, so that sucked. I counted two busted snares on the night but the guy next to me said he saw three. Ged had a bass issue early on and there were a few minor flubs that were probably only noticible to people who are freaks like me.

I am forever ruined as I can't imagine seeing them anywhere but up close from now on.

QUOTE (Hemispheric Waves @ Sep 22 2010, 12:57 PM)
I was in the second row exactly in front of Geddy and it was awesome. Neil broke his snare at the beginning of the last song of the first set, so that sucked. I counted two busted snares on the night but the guy next to me said he saw three. Ged had a bass issue early on and there were a few minor flubs that were probably only noticible to people who are freaks like me.

I am forever ruined as I can't imagine seeing them anywhere but up close from now on.

My wife and I were seat 7 and 8 in the front row - right in front of Geddy... sounds like we were in your neck of the woods smile.gif

Just got home from Tulsa and browsed through the camera - got a ton of great shots. I'll try to get some posted later tonight.

In the configuration the arena was set up last night, I think capacity is ~14,000.

I looked around at intermission and it looked like it was pretty well sold out. There were a few empty seats here and there, but it was generally full.

Wow guys, what an incredible show Tuesday night in Tulsa!! I had great seats in the first row of the side section, even with the 3rd row on the floor, Alex's side. So only about 20 ft from the stage. The pyrotechnics are great when you're that close. smile.gif The concert was very energetic, and the crowd was into it throughout the night! All the guys were playing very very well.. Geddy was playing and singing extremely well, Neil was at his usual best, his solo just keeps getting more complex and jawdropping! But Alex was on fire, especially during his solos! He wailed in Working Man.. but among many such awesome moments, probably his solo in The Camera Eye was my favorite.. it was sublime!

The intros with the guys between sets were great (I hadn't seen any spoilers, so they were a treat) and the animations and videos during the songs were very cool. Overall a very professional show, and one of my favorite concerts of all time, by any band!

They had a very interesting near-train wreck in La Villa Strangiato (as bigalfan mentioned), toward the end of it. At the end of Alex's last solo, he got off by one beat from the other guys. They almost lost it but after almost a full minute of that they finally recovered, where they reprise the main theme. It was very cool and interesting watching them.. they didn't panic, they almost seemed like surgeons trying feverishly to save a patient, to restore the pulse. Maybe a bad analogy, but that's how it seemed.. professionals bringing all their skill and experience to bear in a crisis. Toward the end of the song, I saw Alex and Neil give each other a look, like "that was close!"

On the subject of flubs, I saw the drum tech working on Neil's kit a couple of times, but didn't realize until I read these reviews he broke the snare heads and had to change out drums. I wondered why he was playing the toms in a couple of spots when he would normally play snare.. I just thought he was changing things up!! haha..

A few other notes.. At the beginning Geddy mentioned that it was great to be back in Tulsa as they hadn't been there in a long time.. good memory Geddy! The venue is only a couple of years old I think, and was very nice.. clean and professional. There was good security, including a cool official who asked us very nicely not to put our drinks on the guardrail in front of us. And it was nice being cool and indoors for a change! I hadn't been to an arena Rush show since T4E. I recently moved here from Houston, and dealing with the heat and humidity at its outdoor shed venue was really starting to suck.

My wife took phone video from Red Barchetta thru The Camera Eye, and also Neil's solo. She said she will try to post them on YouTube soon (I would but dunno how to work her phone..) Also will try to post some pics soon too!

Ken

QUOTE (Throwman @ Sep 24 2010, 02:28 PM)
Subdivisions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lId7lxpo3wo

(Didn't think to start filming at the beginning so I didn't get the first verse)

This is where Neil breaks his snare, just a few seconds into the video.