Jiffy Lube/ Bristow Venue problems

Geddycrazy

Concert was insane but what the hell is the problem with this venue?? Dont they know by now how the hell to handle traffic? We we're shitting our pants 2 miles from the arena at 7:30- I called the arena & the lady said"We are well aware of all the problems, sorry you will likely miss half the show" have a good nite" Seriously!! so at that point I said "f**k it!!" i didnt drive 6 hrs. to miss half the show! If the venue doesn't give a rat's ass about the fans missing it then I'll do whatever i have to to get there on time- which i did -weaving in & out of traffic & using lanes i wasn't"supposed to" another words i drove like a f***ing madman! Anyway, i finally got us up to where they were "parking" people albeit at snails pace & shouted out the window that we had VIP parking "where the hell is it?"-(which we luckily did). I zipped straight to the back of the lot & then we sprinted to the seats right in time for the opening cartoon! Whew!! We made it! Thank god the band waited till about 7:55 to hit the stage. I felt terrible for all the poor folks still locked down in traffic miles from the arena who know now many of which missed up to half the show- my buddy thanked me profusely for my Ballsy driving tactics, but i was left with no choice by Jiffy Lube Arena if i wanted to see the whole show.

The way out took us just 5 min. thankfully since most of the audience stayed for the last cartoon after the band left the stage, but we learned our lesson & high-tailed it the f**k it out of there!!

Warning: Jiffy Lube formerly Nissan Pavillion is NOTOROUSLY known for it's traffic problems. The last several times I've been there including Saturday night I've had no problems cause I know how to work that hideous place.

Ever since I 2.gif in 1997 TFE Tour and was stuck in traffic for 3 and half hours after the show. I didn't get home until 4:30 am and I swore I would never go back to that place. However 2.gif continues to play there so I've had to learn my way in and my way out.

Get there real EARLY good thing the show was on a Saturday or it would've been far worse had it been on Friday. When I get there I try and park as near to the entrance as close as possible next to the road out of there. Even though it's much better than 15-20 years ago it's still a nightmare to get in and out of. BTW an awesome show and in the top 10 of the 46 shows I've seen, now on to the final show of the Tour here in West Palm Beach, Florida.

Peace

i know the feeling this past show waited in the parking lot for an hour and seems the people directed traffic really didn't leaning up railings talking to each not even looking at the traffic as they wave them through

QUOTE (GernTheFish @ Sep 22 2010, 07:11 AM)
We left the hotel around 6:30pm and the line started about a half mile before the exit.

So there's your problem there. Every one of these posts is similar: "Left an hour before the band was supposed to start and I'm surprised that I got there just in time."

I live in Fairfax -- about 25 miles from the arena. Left the house at 5:10 and was tailgating by 5:40. No problems at all.

Peace,

Ron

No problems here. I arrived at 5:15 picked up my credentials at 5:35, hung out in the parking lot for awhile, went into the media center had some dinner, took my place in the pit at 7:25, shot the first three tunes went to my seat and enjoyed the SUPER EXCELLENT SHOW!. Went to my truck after the show, pulled into parking lot traffic at 11:25 and was out of there at 11:35 and on my way home biggrin.gif

QUOTE (g under p @ Sep 21 2010, 09:45 PM)
Warning: Jiffy Lube formerly Nissan Pavillion is NOTOROUSLY known for it's traffic problems. The last several times I've been there including Saturday night I've had no problems cause I know how to work that hideous place.

Ever since I 2.gif in 1997 TFE Tour and was stuck in traffic for 3 and half hours after the show. I didn't get home until 4:30 am and I swore I would never go back to that place. However 2.gif continues to play there so I've had to learn my way in and my way out.

Get there real EARLY good thing the show was on a Saturday or it would've been far worse had it been on Friday. When I get there I try and park as near to the entrance as close as possible next to the road out of there. Even though it's much better than 15-20 years ago it's still a nightmare to get in and out of. BTW an awesome show and in the top 10 of the 46 shows I've seen, now on to the final show of the Tour here in West Palm Beach, Florida.

Peace

ohmy.gif You were there Saturday?

Yes, gotta get there early and you will have no problems at Jiffy Lube. We parked in the VIP lot and got right out afterwards.

QUOTE (g under p @ Sep 21 2010, 09:45 PM)
Ever since I  2.gif in 1997 TFE Tour and was stuck in traffic for 3 and half hours after the show. I didn't get home until 4:30 am and I swore I would never go back to that place. However  2.gif continues to play there so I've had to learn my way in and my way out.

"...the way out is the way in..."

Sorry. Had to do it.

Got there around five and parked in VIP. Had no problem getting in. Was held up by the police for about 5 minutes when i tried to leave. Seems some dude in a tour bus that had motorcycle trailer attached to it was in a big hurry to get out!

Still trying to convince my 15 year old that it was Neil.

I have to chime in here - 'g under p' and 'Ron2112' are exactly correct. This is a venue where you have to build time into your schedule to ARRIVE EARLY. The traffic issues will never be rectified since JLL is in a semi-rural area with surrounding suburb communities. Prince William County has no current plans to widen the road (or any other measures). It is what it is.

It's a GREAT venue for see shows IMO (large, modern, clean, great sound and sight lines) - you just have to force yourself to get there early and tailgate (or whatever).

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Sep 22 2010, 11:11 AM)
The reflection of light from the sea of balding heads was the biggest issue for me.

So was the show as bad as you were expecting, GR79?

Do you still encourage Rush to retire?

confused13.gif

Edited by PariahDog

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Sep 23 2010, 10:08 AM)
QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Sep 22 2010, 11:11 AM)
The reflection of light from the sea of balding heads was the biggest issue for me.

So was the show as bad as you were expecting, GR79?

Do you still encourage Rush to retire?

confused13.gif

Hi Pariahdog. The concert was very good- as long as they're playing their 70s/80s music. Although I don't really believe they should retire from touring, they should retire from releasing new music. This may very well be my last Rush concert...I feel that I am no longer fascinated with Rush for a number of reasons, primarily their new music and newer individual mentality/mindset/philosophies. I actually feel burned-out with the band whenever I think about them, I'm sad to say..

From now on, though, whenever I'm feeling nostalgic i'll pop in a cd and remember the glory years. But for now, consider me retired from Rush.

Best Regards,

GeminiRising79

Had little problems getting in (about 5 minute delay). We arrived about 5:45.

Had zero problems getting out. The good news is that we tailgated for about an hour after the show. Waited until the lots emptied out and zipped right out. But, had we left immediately after the show, we no doubt would have sat in the car for a half hour.

So, I was impressed that the security folks didn't come by and threaten us as we hung out in the lot at our post-show tailgate. More time to hang out with TRFers.