Question about cameras

Chevyman2112

QUOTE (FOH Lights @ Sep 21 2010, 01:42 PM)
QUOTE (Chevyman2112 @ Sep 21 2010, 12:26 PM)
I am going to the Dallas show Sunday night. I was wondering if I will be able to bring a camera in.

If cameras are not permitted, it will be clearly marked on your ticket.

What's in print and what's enforced certainly maybe two separate things...

The print on the ticket is merely a deterrent for the masses... wink.gif

I "chickened out" when going to see Rush in New Orleans last tour, and didn't bring in my Sony 7.1 MP Cybershot with 10X optical zoom in the venue... I was 3rd row center and could have taken some great pics.

Once at my seat, and before the show, I asked the security guard on the center isle at the stage front if I could take pictures with an I-Phone. He said I could take pictures with just about anything, except a "professional" camera (i.e. - one with a detachable lens)...

So, I did get some good pics, but they would have been a lot better on the cybershot.

I say go for it... as long as you are not crazy stupid (i.e. - walking up to the stage barricade and taking pics, or holding the camera up for long periods of time shooting long video clips), most likely, the won't bother you. Show some restraint, and heck, even ask (use the camera phone ploy, and see what the say...)

Best of luck.

At the Omaha show, the tickets said no cameras.....

Once inside, there was a large sign that read "No cameras with interchangeable lenses".

I was pissed knowing that I could have brought a digital camera with built in zoom. But it was too late. I couldnt drive home and be back in time for the show...... rage.gif

Cameras are apparently allowed on this tour. I took MINE to the Bristow, VA show this past Saturday, and had no issues with the venue staff. Pretty much 3/4 of the crowd were snapping pics and taking video...myself, included.

If the ticket does NOT say anything about cameras being prohibited, take it to the show! As long as it's not a "professional"-type camera, your golden. yes.gif

Looks like as long as it is a point-and-shoot camera, you're welcome to bring it in. But of course, the band frowns on flash photography, so please respect that smile.gif

I just wish Neil's drum set didn't totally obscure him... it's hard to get any shots of his face biggrin.gif by the time he got to the drum solo where I could actually see him, my battery had died doh.gif

Edited by OldRod

QUOTE (Chevyman2112 @ Sep 21 2010, 12:26 PM)
I am going to the Dallas show Sunday night. I was wondering if I will be able to bring a camera in.

at the pittsburgh show the venue allowed still cameras with 3" or smaller diameter lenses only, and no video cameras. Check the venue page and your ticket stub to be sure.

QUOTE (FOH Lights @ Sep 21 2010, 01:42 PM)
If cameras are not permitted, it will be clearly marked on your ticket.

My ticket does not state "No Cameras" on the front...

does this mean I can bring my DSLR and detachable 300mm zoom lens??? unsure.gif

Edited by rushbass

My ticket for the Boston, MA show said "No Cameras" among a few prohibited items, but I called the venue and was told that cameras would be allowed as long as they did not have detachable lenses. So I brought my Canon S3 12x ultra-zoom camera and got some good shots. No problems with security, but a few audience members around me glanced at my camera a few times as if thinking "How did he get that in here?" I did stick it in my pocket while going through security and while walking around during intermission, just in case some misguided security guard decided to give me a hard time about it, but I'm pretty sure several of them saw it during the show.

QUOTE (rushfan21 @ Sep 22 2010, 07:41 PM)
We brought in a canon eos @ Bristow and did not have a problem.

ohmy.gif How large was the lens?

And did you bring in in a camera case / bag, or just wear it around your neck?

I am wondering if they will say anything in Atlanta if I walk in with a pro Nikon and 300mm zoom lens, or would that be pushing it... unsure.gif

My Columbus ticket said no video/audio recorders. Didn't even hide my camera from security. Shot over 1500 pics from the 6th row without ever being bothered. All 3 band members saw me & paid me no attention. Even shot video with no problem as well.

I think the band has realized there's no stopping people from snapping pics. There's too many ways to do it with phones & such. They are not going to make every single person leave all items that can take pics outside.