Running out of chances to DVD this tour

Pause Rewind Replay

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Sep 23 2010, 04:54 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Sep 23 2010, 04:47 PM)
QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Sep 23 2010, 05:40 PM)
QUOTE (PariahDog @ Sep 23 2010, 03:57 PM)
QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Sep 23 2010, 03:50 PM)
can we please NOT start bashing FOH lights and running him out the way Score Out was run out? They are both credible

Well, they've been right about some things, but wrong about others.

To be honest, I haven't seen anything that is incorrect. Have anything specific?

FOHLights is a credible source. That's all I'm sayin'.

Yes. Absolutely a credible source. We'll leave it at that...

I don't understand... who are all these people who are "in the know"? Is FOH Geddy or something? Why is everyone so sure of this guy?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (FOH Lights @ Sep 23 2010, 03:22 PM)
QUOTE (D3strukt @ Sep 23 2010, 02:22 PM)
A lot of irons in the fire? Please, do tell.

OK, essentially their focus after this tour is to concentrate on finishing the new album and planning the subsequent supporting tour. Dealing with a DVD would take away valuable time that could/would be spent on polishing the new music & tour. There are a few other "personal reasons" for not filming, but... you'd have to hear it directly from them.

Granted, this show is phenomenal, but they full well intend to top it, next tour. So, patience, my friends... patience. smile.gif

As dissappointing as that is, it does seem perfectly logical. I think the band is so focused on recording the new album that producing a dvd right after this tour just interfere's with their plans.

Too bad.... this could very well be the peak of their playing....

Edited by Phantom

QUOTE (tst4eko @ Sep 25 2010, 02:03 PM)
Even if there isn't a "official" DVD released, we have the awesome Irvine, Las Vegas, Columbus dvd's & word is a Boston bootleg dvd to watch so, this tour hasn't been totally un-documented.

Yeah, but that's not the same at all. Bootlegs are fun, but I want a clean audio recording. That's actually much more important to me than video.

QUOTE (tst4eko @ Sep 25 2010, 01:03 PM)
Even if there isn't a "official" DVD released, we have the awesome Irvine, Las Vegas, Columbus dvd's & word is a Boston bootleg dvd to watch so, this tour hasn't been totally un-documented.

This is the first I'm hearing about bootlegs... As much as I'd rather have an official dvd from the band, where quality would be infinitely better, I'd have to admit that I'd be very tempted to pick up a bootleg... if for no other reason than this is, in my opinion, Rush at their very best.

On a related note.... I just now finished watching my copy of R30, and as great as that show is, I feel it pales in comparison to Time Machine... in terms of the setlist, the level at which they're playing, and even the arrangements... ( The current working man blows R30's version away...same to be said for Red Barchetta ). So too Marathon, Camera Eye and La Villa. Heck, even the opening and closing video's are better than ever.

The more I think about it, the more dissappointed I am with it. It's a real shame..... but I'll hold out hope that somehow, on the next tour, they'll top this one... though I can't imagine that that's do-able.

QUOTE (FOH Lights @ Sep 20 2010, 10:37 AM)
QUOTE (Pause Rewind Replay @ Sep 20 2010, 08:49 AM)
It will be a pathetic shame if this tour isn't filmed just because either Neil or some suit in marketing doesn't want him seen on DVD wearing headphones.

There will NOT be a DVD of this tour and it's not because of Neil's headphones (ear infection early on related to IEMs). Right now, the plan is to go back into the studio to finish the album after Brazil. Do a 3 month mini-tour in September 2011, followed by a full blown, album promoting tour in 2012. DVD to follow that one.

Oh this would be excellent news...srsly... I don't think I can drop a ton of money again next year for tickets... Omg this is the best news I've heard in a while.

P.S. to the rest of the Rush Forum, can we please NOT start bashing FOH lights and running him out the way Score Out was run out?

Score Out was full of shit and he ran away . End of story

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Sep 23 2010, 09:03 PM)
QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Sep 23 2010, 04:54 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Sep 23 2010, 04:47 PM)
QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Sep 23 2010, 05:40 PM)
QUOTE (PariahDog @ Sep 23 2010, 03:57 PM)
can we please NOT start bashing FOH lights and running him out the way Score Out was run out? They are both credible

Well, they've been right about some things, but wrong about others.

To be honest, I haven't seen anything that is incorrect. Have anything specific?

FOHLights is a credible source. That's all I'm sayin'.

Yes. Absolutely a credible source. We'll leave it at that...

I don't understand... who are all these people who are "in the know"? Is FOH Geddy or something? Why is everyone so sure of this guy?

FOH is not Geddy.

FOH is Neil, pretending to be Geddy as FOH.

I'm sure there will be a DVD of this tour. You don't sell $90 hoodies then pass on the DVD sales. ha laugh.gif Thats just Marketing 101, or what is 102? Actually, I don't remember, I used to sleep through marketing class alot.

trink38.gif

Edited by jdouglas

I'll bet a big reason why they aren't filming this is due to the shitty guitar tech(s) this tour.

Has there been ANY Time Machine show yet where Alex's guitar didn't crap out at least once? wacko.gif

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Sep 28 2010, 09:29 AM)
I'll bet a big reason why they aren't filming this is due to the shitty guitar tech(s) this tour.

Has there been ANY Time Machine show yet where Alex's guitar didn't crap out at least once? wacko.gif

Pittsburgh and Vegas were pretty good!

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Sep 20 2010, 12:40 PM)
if there isn't a Time Machine DVD I'll riot. Ok not really, but I'll be extremely disappointed... I swear if we don't get Marathon and Camera Eye on DVD I'm going to lose my mind.

Isn't Marathon on a Show of Hands?

Definitely need the Camera Eye though.

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Sep 28 2010, 09:29 AM)

I didn't see any mishaps in Houston. Blazing show.

QUOTE (savagegrace26 @ Sep 28 2010, 02:13 PM)
Are the sales really that much better? Platinum for DVD's is 100,000 copies versus 1 million for cd's. And I believe they count each disc separately.

Whoops, I didn't know of the different certifications for DVDs versus CDs.

Still, it seems like there's a lot of revenue to be made from the concert DVDs.

And with Rush likely retiring in a few years, I think most fans would be glad to have a DVD from every remaining tour.

It'll be interesting to see what comes of all this.... I am desperately hopeful for a DVD and would have thought they'd definitely do one.

However the story I've heard about why they AREN'T doing one makes total sense to me.... ( they are going right back into the studio after this tour to finish the album and don't have time or inclination to work on a DVD at the same time ). I can understand that.

I really do have a strong feeling though that they'll regret it if they don't. I don't know why... I just have that feeling....

( it's the same feeling that I had when R30 first came out.... missing songs ). Sure enough, some time afterward.....Ged announced that in hindsight, it was a mistake to release the R30 DVD without those tunes on it.

Edited by Phantom

I'd be completely heart-broken if they don't make a Time Machine Tour DVD. I loved the videos that they made.

I'd love to watch Rush perform Presto on DVD, because that's one of my favourite Rush songs. And not to mention Geddy, Alex, and Neil's amazing talent captured even more.

QUOTE (2112Oracle @ Sep 29 2010, 04:39 PM)
I'd be completely heart-broken if they don't make a Time Machine Tour DVD. I loved the videos that they made.
I'd love to watch Rush perform Presto on DVD, because that's one of my favourite Rush songs. And not to mention Geddy, Alex, and Neil's amazing talent captured even more.

totally agree.

mark my words...... down the road, they'll admit they wished they'd have decided to film it.

QUOTE (Phantom @ Sep 29 2010, 04:46 PM)
QUOTE (2112Oracle @ Sep 29 2010, 04:39 PM)

totally agree.

mark my words...... down the road, they'll admit they wished they'd have decided to film it.

Agreed 100%.

I won't urge them too much to make one, but, I will make sure they see the reasoning why a lot of us want a DVD.