Bristow, VA Review

skalamander2112

QUOTE (Geddycrazy @ Sep 21 2010, 02:04 PM)
Concert was insane but what the hell is the problem with this venue?? Dont they know by now how the hell to handle traffic? We we're shitting our pants 2 miles from the arena at 7:30- I called the arena & the lady said"We are well aware of all the problems, sorry you will likely miss half the show" have a good nite" Seriously!! so at that point I said "f**k it!!" i didnt drive 6 hrs. to miss half the show! If the venue doesn't give a rat's ass about the fans missing it then I'll do whatever i have to to get there on time- which i did -weaving in & out of traffic & using lanes i wasn't"supposed to" another words i drove like a f***ing madman! Anyway, i finally got us up to where they were "parking" people albeit at snails pace & shouted out the window that we had VIP parking "where the hell is it?"-(which we luckily did). I zipped straight to the back of the lot & then we sprinted to the seats right in time for the opening cartoon! Whew!! We made it! Thank god the band waited till about 7:55 to hit the stage. I felt terrible for all the poor folks still locked down in traffic miles from the arena who know now many of which missed up to half the show- my buddy thanked me profusely for my Ballsy driving tactics, but i was left with no choice by Jiffy Lube Arena if i wanted to see the whole show.

The way out took us just 5 min. thankfully since most of the audience stayed for the last cartoon after the band left the stage, but we learned our lesson & high-tailed it the f**k it out of there!!

Incredible show from start to finish. period.! 2.gif

I take it this was your first time ever at Jiffy Lube Live (formerly Nissan Pavilion). Those of us that have been going there for years (I've seen over 30 shows there since the late 90's) know to arrive EARLY at this venue.

Glad you enjoyed the show - the weather was perfect and 2.gif was playing as well as ever.

I would have gone to this show but as a poor college student I just didn't have the funds this tour. The 2 hour drive to Nissan- uh i mean- Jiffy Lube is also a deterrent. The show is worth the drive but sometimes its not worth the parking at that place. Rush needs to play at Merryweather Post Pavilion, (only 20min from my house lol)

QUOTE (Xanadude69 @ Sep 22 2010, 10:20 PM)
I would have gone to this show but as a poor college student I just didn't have the funds this tour. The 2 hour drive to Nissan- uh i mean- Jiffy Lube is also a deterrent. The show is worth the drive but sometimes its not worth the parking at that place. Rush needs to play at Merryweather Post Pavilion, (only 20min from my house lol)

I would vote against Merriweather Post Pavilion (I've been there for about a half dozen shows in the past). It only holds a fraction of the people as Nissan and the concessions and facilities are old and outdated. The lower roof would prohibit some of the stageshow (pyro & lighting rigs probably). Rush has progressed beyond playing those smaller venues in markets where there is a larger one available.

On a slightly more selfish note - JLL is only about 5-10 minutes from my house in Manassas.

I'm very happy with the Jiffy Lube (except for that horrible name!), but that could be because on the past two tours it's been where I've driven 5+ hours to get to for a bonus gig after my tour was supposed to be over, and both of those trips have been pure magic!