One of the songs is trimmed.

D3strukt

I was listening to the studio version, and the live version. It's definitely cut back, but as far as I can tell, only by a bar, which is about 5 seconds.

'they seem oblivious......" Right before that line, they took out a bar of that section. Of course, I could be wrong. It's a long song, and while I love it. I'm just making a one off observation, off of a quick listen.

EDIT: it's also shortened in the "are they oblivious part" as well.

Edited by Pags

The thread title is a spoiler. I knew they were playing the song, but not the details of it. It was right there on the main index board when I logged on.

Please change it. There are still several shows left, including the one I have tickets to.

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Sep 19 2010, 01:29 PM)
Indeed, it wasn't that noticeable. I wasn't actually complaining, just noting at how nice it sounds.

Have you read Mara's post? She's correct, please edit the title of this thread. I've already seen the show, so this did not upset me personally. But if I hadn't seen it yet, I'd be pissed.

Thanks! trink39.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Sep 19 2010, 08:11 AM)
The thread title is a spoiler. I knew they were playing the song, but not the details of it. It was right there on the main index board when I logged on.

Please change it. There are still several shows left, including the one I have tickets to.

haha now u know i felt when i read about u talking about another song in the rush forum. a spoiler is a spoiler doh.gif

I still don't understand how it's a Spoiler?

EVERYONE knows that it was being played in it's entirety.

If you didn't know, then you must've been living under a rock, since about April.

EDIT: I cannot edit it. The edit button isn't even appearing over my original post.

Sorry guys. :/

Edited by D3strukt

I think a mod would have to do it. But I agree, even people wanting to avoid all spoilers must know that Moving Pictures is being played - it's one of the main points of the tour, and it was the first thing announced when they announced there was going to be a tour. Is there really anyone who doesn't know even that information?

QUOTE (daveyt @ Sep 19 2010, 02:03 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Sep 19 2010, 08:11 AM)
The thread title is a spoiler.  I knew they were playing the song, but not the details of it.  It was right there on the main index board when I logged on.

Please change it.  There are still several shows left, including the one I have tickets to.

haha now u know i felt when i read about u talking about another song in the rush forum. a spoiler is a spoiler doh.gif

daveyt, I'm drawing a blank on that??? I apologize if I inadvertently metioned something that was/wasn't being played and screwed it up for you.

I quick-peeked the setlist early on, mainly because I kept running across spoilers and got tired of it. But I have tried to avoid details.

I did not notice that it was trimmed. In fact, I thought they added a bar before one of the vocal parts. Either way, I'm still more bothered by the super trimmed Xanadu they did back in 91.

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Sep 19 2010, 05:44 PM)
I did not notice that it was trimmed. In fact, I thought they added a bar before one of the vocal parts. Either way, I'm still more bothered by the super trimmed Xanadu they did back in 91.

Yeah, that bugs me. Either play the entire song, or don't play it at all. tongue.gif

The same goes for 2112 as well.

Perhaps they think people get bored with long songs?

Personally, I could do WITHOUT 2112, it certainly ISN'T a staple. Nor should it be. Much better songs to be played, rather than a 5 minute instrumental piece, followed by 2 lines of words.

I'm still wishing they'd play a B side tour. No radio hits, no fan favorites: Just B's.

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Sep 20 2010, 06:31 AM)
Either play the entire song, or don't play it at all. tongue.gif

It's their song to do with as they please. Artistic license and all that. If you don't like it, avoid the shows, stay home, and listen to the studio albums that sound as you wish them to.

They cut more than 5-10 seconds. From what I could tell they trimmed about a minute or so but it's really no big deal. All the important parts are there: the intro, all the lyrics and the guitar solo. I was afraid that they were going to really slash it like they did Natural Science. If they did that then we'd have a reason to complain.

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Sep 20 2010, 07:31 AM)
QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Sep 19 2010, 05:44 PM)

Yeah, that bugs me. Either play the entire song, or don't play it at all. tongue.gif

The same goes for 2112 as well.

Perhaps they think people get bored with long songs?

Personally, I could do WITHOUT 2112, it certainly ISN'T a staple. Nor should it be. Much better songs to be played, rather than a 5 minute instrumental piece, followed by 2 lines of words.

I'm still wishing they'd play a B side tour. No radio hits, no fan favorites: Just B's.

It was very noticeable, to anyone who knows the song. I certainly noticed it. It didn't really bother me at all, but it's such a short amount of time to cut out that it didn't make a bit of sense, either.

QUOTE (RushNut @ Sep 20 2010, 10:11 AM)
Spoiler?  Oh, ffs!....

Talk about an unnecessary outburst. This thread is without question a spoiler - to say that a song (which is already known to be played) has been shortened. It's a 1 or 2 on a scale of 10, but so what it's still a spoiler. Don't agree? Don't care. Shitty comments like yours aren't going to be met with a nice response either. So FFS, STFU. smile.gif

Edited by Pags

QUOTE (Pags @ Sep 20 2010, 01:24 PM)
It was very noticeable, to anyone who knows the song.  I certainly noticed it.  It didn't really bother me at all, but it's such a short amount of time to cut out that it didn't make a bit of sense, either.

Funny, I didn't find it to be very noticeable at all, and I've been listening to MP since 1985. I <think> they just cut a couple repetitions of the main riff, but I would need to watch the YouTube vid to confirm.

EDIT: BTW, despite all the hype/expectation, TCE really was a standout for me. Of all the MP songs, I hope they play TCE again on the next tour.

Edited by PariahDog

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Sep 20 2010, 02:42 PM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Sep 20 2010, 01:24 PM)
It was very noticeable, to anyone who knows the song.  I certainly noticed it.  It didn't really bother me at all, but it's such a short amount of time to cut out that it didn't make a bit of sense, either.

Funny, I didn't find it to be very noticeable at all, and I've been listening to MP since 1985. I <think> they just cut a couple repetitions of the main riff, but I would need to watch the YouTube vid to confirm.

Well, it was very very minor. No argument there. But it was very noticeable to hear Geddy start singing when you know there should be more music first. trink39.gif