Some dog just recieved a photo credential

Motorshooter

And that dog is me!!!!

My media connections have come through. I will be photographing the show Saturday night in Bristow VA, I'll tell ya this gig was harder to get the an assignment for the 24 hours of Le Mans!

See from beyond the front row!!!!

Well done! This is a huge deal. Enjoy every moment of it.

trink39.gif

You are so lucky. I'm sure you have worked for it ;I hold envy...but congratulations fo you. Show us the fruit of your labors, please! And soon.

Shooting concerts is a great experience, but it is also work - at least for most photographers who get the credentials. I used to shoot shows "back in the day" and each experience was nice. It's great when you're shooting an artist of whom you are a really big fan. One of the best was shooting Yes in the round (again, "back in the day") and the band members "slapping me five" as they took the stage.

But you're typically there for 3 songs only, and they go by fast. You're so busy shooting, checking your gear, jockeying for position with other photographers, etc. that you don't really take it in until you're editing the photos.

Hope you enjoyed it, and hope you got great shots. Photo credentials are harder and harder to obtain.

Nice shots, man! Kickass - It's a personal dream of mine to get a press pass to shoot at a Rush show... b_sigh.gif

Great shots....kudos on getting the chance to shoot it.

I've thought about doing that, though it would be unusual for a reporter/photog from Tupelo, MS, - especially one with no previous clippings of concert coverage - to suddenly show up requesting credentials for an Atlanta concert.

I could say I'm doing a feature on Rush and plan to localize it with comments from fans in my paper's circulation area. But knowing promoters and arena management like I do, they'd call BS on it and reject my request.

Edited by tupelobarchetta

WOOF! I was a lucky dog. I had put in for my credentials back at the start of the tour, and the A&R team did some checking on me to ensure I was on the level. I was working a story for a national magazine

My interview with one of the band members never happened, but that just means I'll just have to resubmit for credentials on the next tour. 2.gif