Shame Pittsburgh was not filmed

druid13

I have seen every tour since Signals and that was defintely overall the best show they have done here...or in Burgettstown.

Really liked seeing Rush play 'tight" but also grooving with a looseness and a musical sense maybe they did not have in their younger years. They have this material so well oiled they were fooling with time and parts and it was damn refreshing to see that. To me see ing exact reproduction is not my cup of tea....seeing musical development and growth from these tunes is...and that is what RUSH did last night. I can think of at least two tunes that really came alive in comparison to their studio counterparts and...one song from that album of the same title (no spoilers) that was really nice to hear again.

No technical problems other than a BD mike which was fixed at halftime...crowd was great....STOOD ENTIRE SHOW...unlike what I am reading about some other snoozier areas of the country. Pittsburgh and RUSH had a great night last night....should have filmed it man. Really should have.

QUOTE (druid13 @ Sep 17 2010, 09:55 AM)
I have seen every tour since Signals and that was defintely overall the best show they have done here...or in Burgettstown.

Really liked seeing Rush play 'tight" but also grooving with a looseness and a musical sense maybe they did not have in their younger years. They have this material so well oiled they were fooling with time and parts and it was damn refreshing to see that. To me see ing exact reproduction is not my cup of tea....seeing musical development and growth from these tunes is...and that is what RUSH did last night. I can think of at least two tunes that really came alive in comparison to their studio counterparts and...one song from that album of the same title (no spoilers) that was really nice to hear again.

No technical problems other than a BD mike which was fixed at halftime...crowd was great....STOOD ENTIRE SHOW...unlike what I am reading about some other snoozier areas of the country. Pittsburgh and RUSH had a great night last night....should have filmed it man. Really should have.

Totally agree. Thought Ged's mic was a little loud, but other than that the show was great. Also the video at the end was so loud you could almost not make out what they were saying. Minor complaints in an otherwise tight show.

Maybe they'll film Washington DC (Bristow, VA actually). But probably they'll wait for South or Central America because of the great crowd shots... but I agree with others that the crowd eventually gets annoying and detracts from the show. C'mon folks, it's not a soccer match.

this was my 3rd time seeing them and i loved it..i thought it was funny during the 2nd set when the two guys in costume came on stage and geddy and alex went up to them and yelled something like "get the f--k off our stage!!!"

hey pennst8r, why didnt you see the S&A show in 2008?

I can't see how anybody could call any portion of that show weak, it was simply a great evening in a fantastic arena full of crazed Rush fans who were loving every second.

Everybody in our section had permagrins on their faces, including a few 6-7 year old kids.......along with plenty of bald slightly overweight middle aged men.

THANK YOU PITTSBUGH!!!!

1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (PennSt8r @ Sep 17 2010, 10:22 AM)

Totally agree. Thought Ged's mic was a little loud, but other than that the show was great. Also the video at the end was so loud you could almost not make out what they were saying. Minor complaints in an otherwise tight show.

This was my third show this tour. Every show Geddy's mic was a bit loud, every show the ending video was wayyy too loud. The video at least started without delay this show though. Other shows it was delayed where several people had left the arena seating area already.

All in all it was the best of the three shows I had seen this tour. I didn't care much for the venue lighting of the steps though. The lights were not at step level, but came from the rafters. I thought that was a bit annoying.

Can't wait for next tour!

2.gif

You were in a good section then. I was in 114, lower level right at stage. Actually closer than front row. When parts 1 and 2 of the Christians Are Stupd Trilogy began the entire section sat down as well as most of the sections I could see with my binoculars. Not the floor. Whether that was a statement or just a boring song, I don't know. After Faithless people behind me asked me if I could sit down so they could see sitting down as everyone in front of me was sitting. My wife spoke to me in a normal level because it was so quiet after the song that she could. Same after the next song. Freewill did bring it back to life. Ged even thanked us for "indulging" them after LTTA.

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Sep 17 2010, 09:01 PM)
Another small glitch was the screen was a hair behind the sound. Always bugs me.

That was the case in Columbus as well. Were you sitting close to the stage or far away? I was very close. The reason I ask is maybe it's synced for the people way back, so they can see better. The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.

QUOTE (Noisy Bastard @ Sep 18 2010, 11:29 AM)
QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Sep 17 2010, 09:01 PM)
Another small glitch was the screen was a hair behind the sound. Always bugs me.

That was the case in Columbus as well. Were you sitting close to the stage or far away? I was very close. The reason I ask is maybe it's synced for the people way back, so they can see better. The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.

Yeah, I was up close.

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Sep 18 2010, 06:55 AM)
QUOTE (Drumnut @ Sep 18 2010, 01:11 AM)
This is the first Rush show I'm glad I missed!

Well, the first set was pretty weak. The second set made me forget about that. Years from now I'll only remember the second set. It was that good.

Only reason I'm glad I missed it is that I don't live in Pennsylvania anymore! I moved back east for family reasons and saw the VT tour there. I moved back out west just in time for the MGM show on this tour. If I can help it, I'll never see s**w ever again, I like being warm!

That whole show rocked!!!! I am a lover of all Rush so unless they played non rush songs i would of loved it no matter what. I as a gigantic Rush nut would of rather heard some other songs...however they did a nice job of playing their most known songs to keep the crowd into it. I was fortunate enough to get to stand the whole show without d-bags asking me to sit! This was by far the best Rush show i have seen there was so much energy in there! and i was sourounded by other rush nuts thet were right there with me on every lyric and note!

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Sep 18 2010, 11:29 PM)
QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Sep 18 2010, 06:55 AM)
QUOTE (Drumnut @ Sep 18 2010, 01:11 AM)
This is the first Rush show I'm glad I missed!

Well, the first set was pretty weak. The second set made me forget about that. Years from now I'll only remember the second set. It was that good.

Only reason I'm glad I missed it is that I don't live in Pennsylvania anymore! I moved back east for family reasons and saw the VT tour there. I moved back out west just in time for the MGM show on this tour. If I can help it, I'll never see s**w ever again, I like being warm!

Hey man!

We went through your hometown and thought it was pretty nice. And everybody we encountered was super friendly!!!

Plus I got a nice pair sneakers there and some really cool art.

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (PennSt8r @ Sep 17 2010, 10:22 AM)

I've seen 30 shows since Signals and this was the deadest crowd I've ever seen before. I guess Detroit audiences are more enthusiastic for some reason. Saw them in Chicago on R30 and the crowd went insane just like Detroit, though. Hmmm...