Louie (new-ish FX series)

Mustard Death

Any of you watched this glorious new show from FX? It's a comedy by Louie CK and it just wrapped up it's first season. This along with Sunny and Bored to Death is more great new comedy on TV than I could ever ask for.

However, while never ceasing to be hilarious, it is a pretty damn bleak, depressing, black comedy fit only for those with the proper mindset. It will arouse suspicion in you that people are, in fact, assholes. If you already have those suspicions, they will be confirmed.

Anyways, it's a really well done show and I'm very happy to hear it's been picked up for a second season. Check it out!

Oh and P.S., if you dig this show check out CK's standup special, "Shameless".

Yeh, he's pretty great. And it seems like his "second chance" at a TV comedy is going a lot better, with 13 episodes made and aired, and more on the way.

I haven't seen Lucky Louie yet, I'm in the process of tracking that as well as an indie film he wrote and directed in 98 called "Tomorrow Night". From what I've read about LL, Louie has a pretty fair amount of differences. It's basically just random vignettes mixed with him doing standup at the Comedy Cellar. A lot of the people who appeared on LL return for Louie though, like Nick DiPaolo and Pamela Adlon.

And I can somewhat agree with CK doing no wrong, but eh... he doesn't quite have the midas touch. He DID, after all, write and direct Pootie Tang. And while it wasn't necessarily terrible, it... definitely wasn't gold laugh.gif

I like the show to. I'm also a big fan of his standup. The show has had some funny moments like when he was cool with the girl he was seeing having a kid but then she wasn't into him anymore when he told her he had two kids laugh.gif

Goofy stuff like that is what makes it so funny.