Alex's guitar effects

ChiliFan

Has anyone noticed that Alex seems to have brought back his "infinite sustain" machine for the end of the solo in Limelight? I'm sure I can hear that last note throughout the final chorus. It was one of the best things about the live version on ESL, but I'd not heard it again until this tour.

Anyone else hear this or am I imagining it?

If I'm not mistaken, I believe he uses a delay were you can hit a button and have it loop repeatedly. I have an old digitech digital delay box from the 80's (it actually has a full 8 second delay) where it has 2 foot buttons and when you hit the second switch you can infinitely repeat the last note you hit. I've used it before whenever I played that solo from Limelight and it works perfectly.

QUOTE (ModernDayWarrior @ Sep 6 2010, 08:10 PM)
If I'm not mistaken, I believe he uses a delay were you can hit a button and have it loop repeatedly. I have an old digitech digital delay box from the 80's (it actually has a full 8 second delay) where it has 2 foot buttons and when you hit the second switch you can infinitely repeat the last note you hit. I've used it before whenever I played that solo from Limelight and it works perfectly.

Ha, I've got that same delay (somewhere) the Digitech PDS1000 or something with 1 sec of delay, their first generation of hold delay. tongue.gif

I remember that being a pretty sweet sounding delay pedal.

laugh.gif