The Green Bay Packers Thread

Principled Man

Packers trade RB/WR Ty Montgomery to the Ravens for a 2020 7th round pick. :o

Packers trade FS HaHa Clinton-Dix to Washington for a 2019 4th-round pick. :o :o

Packers trade FS HaHa Clinton-Dix to Washington for a 2019 4th-round pick. :o :o

They've just kind of entered rebuilding mode.

They’re definitely rebuilding their clubhouse environment. They jettisoned one player who didn’t want to be there (HaHa) and another player whom the other players didn’t want there (Montgomery).

HaHa is in the last year of his contract, and he’s played too erratically for the Packers to resign him. He already said to the press that he won’t be back next year. Montgomery lost the team’s trust after his kickoff blunder, and he doesn’t trust his teammates after a few of them bad-mouthed him to the press. Montgomery is a good guy; his departure was caused by unfortunate circumstances as well as an emotionally-charged team that is pissed off about losing close games.

They've just kind of entered rebuilding mode.

They’re definitely rebuilding their clubhouse environment. They jettisoned one player who didn’t want to be there (HaHa) and another player whom the other players didn’t want there (Montgomery).

HaHa is in the last year of his contract, and he’s played too erratically for the Packers to resign him. He already said to the press that he won’t be back next year. Montgomery lost the team’s trust after his kickoff blunder, and he doesn’t trust his teammates after a few of them bad-mouthed him to the press. Montgomery is a good guy; his departure was caused by unfortunate circumstances as well as an emotionally-charged team that is pissed off about losing close games.

Surgical moves.

2018 Green Bay Packers Season: Week 9

Patriots 31

Packers 17

Another game slips through their fingers.....

3e2b8224-b1ff-4e76-bf79-79069f9e2415-1057473128.jpg?width=520&height=390&fit=bounds&auto=webp

Edited by Principled Man

2018 Green Bay Packers Season: Week 11

McCarthy and Rodgers' Hubris 27

Packers 24

THIS is what happens when all you care about is going deep, Aaron. You get sacked, and you LOSE.

Blame yourself for ignoring your great running back and not giving a shit about getting first downs. All that matters is throwing DEEP.

You LOSE.

b728db2a-6ea3-488f-83c1-aef0682e8550-packers16_12_hoffman.jpg?width=680&height=510&fit=bounds&auto=webp

• Like 2

2018 Green Bay Packers Season:

All done.

Too many injuries on both sides of the ball, too much focus on throwing deep, too many rookies making rookie mistakes.

Life in the NFL is unforgiving. :( :(

2018 Green Bay Packers Season:

All done.

Too many injuries on both sides of the ball, too much focus on throwing deep, too many rookies making rookie mistakes.

Life in the NFL is unforgiving. :( :(

Don't worry the SAINTS have a 2019 first round pick for you as a bonus prize, #32 I think. :d13:

Wow the Packers lose to the worst team in the league at home! What a shitshow!

When I said that their season was done last week, I wasn't kidding.

I don't get it, unless Rodgers is tanking to get a new head coach. The Cardinals lost to the Raiders the other day!

I don't get it, unless Rodgers is tanking to get a new head coach. The Cardinals lost to the Raiders the other day!

Too many injuries on both sides of the ball - mostly to the defense.

Too many rookies on both sides of the ball.

And way too much hubris by the play-callers and the QB. The Packers expected nothing short of a Super Bowl season this year, with Rodgers coming back from his collarbone injury. They cut both of their fullbacks, so they made it clear BEFORE Week 1 that the offense was going to pass, pass, pass. All year long, the large majority of plays have featured Rodgers throwing DEEP PASSES - 15 yards or more - even in short yardage situations.

Rodgers got hurt in Week 1. His mobility was all but gone, but they still tried to go deep most of the time. Frustration and anger kept rising with each bad game. Their mojo has been mortally wounded .....

Edited by Principled Man

Too many injuries on both sides of the ball - mostly to the defense.

Too many rookies on both sides of the ball.

And way too much hubris by the play-callers and the QB. The Packers expected nothing short of a Super Bowl season this year, with Rodgers coming back from his collarbone injury. They cut both of their fullbacks, so they made it clear BEFORE Week 1 that the offense was going to pass, pass, pass. All year long, the large majority of plays have featured Rodgers throwing DEEP PASSES - 15 yards or more - even in short yardage situations.

Rodgers got hurt in Week 1. His mobility was all but gone, but they still tried to go deep most of the time. Frustration and anger kept rising with each bad game. Their mojo has been mortally wounded .....

The rest of the NFC North looks like taking a loss today, so it could have been an opportunity to stay alive in the wild card race, and the Panthers lost too.

The Green Bay Packers have fired Head Coach Mike McCarthy after an embarrassing home loss to Arizona and a disappointing 2018 season.

730c769b2c15f331623ea74689978557--packers-football-the-team.jpg

Named the Head Coach in 2006, McCarthy revitalized a stagnant Packer offense and motivated Brett Favre to be like he once was - dynamic, focused, and very hard to beat.

After the departure of Favre, McCarthy and his new QB, Aaron Rodgers, decimated defenses for years. Rodgers was a marvel on the field as he executed McCarthy's game plans to near perfection.

Unfortunately, the last few years have seen many injuries, defenses adapting to the Packers' scheme, and an inability to field a strong defense for most years. Painful losses in the playoffs and especially in the NFC Championship Game in 2014 and 2016 started turning Packer fans against McCarthy.

2018 brought much excitement and confidence for the Packers, but a serious knee injury to Rodgers in Week 1 derailed their plan to start off the season successfully. Injuries mounted nearly every week, and an out-of-synch offense increased the frustration and even anger among the players and fans.

Mike McCarthy is a good man and a good head coach. He will be employed very soon. His supporters wish him all the best. :haz: :haz:

Edited by Principled Man

The Green Bay Packers have fired Head Coach Mike McCarthy after an embarrassing home loss to Arizona and a disappointing 2018 season.

730c769b2c15f331623ea74689978557--packers-football-the-team.jpg

Named the Head Coach in 2006, McCarthy revitalized a stagnant Packer offense and motivated Brett Favre to be like he once was - dynamic, focused, and very hard to beat.

After the departure of Favre, McCarthy and his new QB, Aaron Rodgers, decimated defenses for years. Rodgers was a marvel on the field as he executed McCarthy's game plans to near perfection.

Unfortunately, the last few years have seen many injuries, defenses adapting to the Packers' scheme, and an inability to field a strong defense for most years. Painful losses in the playoffs and especially in the NFC Championship Game in 2014 and 2016 started turning Packer fans against McCarthy.

2018 brought much excitement and confidence for the Packers, but a serious knee injury to Rodgers in Week 1 derailed their plan to start off the season successfully. Injuries mounted nearly every week, and an out-of-synch offense increased the frustration and even anger among the players and fans.

Mike McCarthy is a good man and a good head coach. He will be employed very soon. His supporters wish him all the best. :haz: :haz:

There's a rumour that he might be going to the Browns.

The Green Bay Packers 2019 Season

..... has (almost) officially commenced with the (reported) hiring of Matt LaFleur as their new Head Coach.

636710696721448084-NAS-Titans-8-28-018.jpg?width=520&height=390&fit=crop

Classless tabloid journalism

Haven't read it. Won't be reading it.

It's no one's business, and it's irrelevant to my enjoyment of the Green Bay Packers.

Classless tabloid journalism

Haven't read it. Won't be reading it.

It's no one's business, and it's irrelevant to my enjoyment of the Green Bay Packers.

I didn't read it either, after all it's a Packers article. :hail:

The Green Bay Packers' Class of 2019:

Round 1: Rashan Gary, DE, Michigan

Round 1: Darnell Savage Jr., S, Maryland

Round 2: Elgton Jenkins, C/G, Mississippi State

Round 3: Jace Sternberger, TE, Texas A&M

Round 5: Kingsley Keke, DT, Texas A&M

Round 6: Ka'dar Hollman, CB, Toledo

Round 6: Dexter Williams, RB, Notre Dame

Round 7: Ty Summers, ILB, TCU

Gary is a phenomenal athlete. Strong and fast. BUT....he has a bad shoulder, and is said to need surgery sometime in the future.

Savage was coveted by several teams. Packers traded up nine spots to get him.

Sternberger is said to be the best receiving TE in the draft. His blocking needs work.

Keke has been called a 5th round "steal". We shall see!

5 of 8 picks are for the Defense. This is a GOOD thing! It is time for the Packers to be known for something other than Aaron Rodgers!

• Like 1

The Green Bay Packers' Class of 2019:

Round 1: Rashan Gary, DE, Michigan

Round 1: Darnell Savage Jr., S, Maryland

Round 2: Elgton Jenkins, C/G, Mississippi State

Round 3: Jace Sternberger, TE, Texas A&M

Round 5: Kingsley Keke, DT, Texas A&M

Round 6: Ka'dar Hollman, CB, Toledo

Round 6: Dexter Williams, RB, Notre Dame

Round 7: Ty Summers, ILB, TCU

Gary is a phenomenal athlete. Strong and fast. BUT....he has a bad shoulder, and is said to need surgery sometime in the future.

Savage was coveted by several teams. Packers traded up nine spots to get him.

Sternberger is said to be the best receiving TE in the draft. His blocking needs work.

Keke has been called a 5th round "steal". We shall see!

5 of 8 picks are for the Defense. This is a GOOD thing! It is time for the Packers to be known for something other than Aaron Rodgers!

I agree; I’ve been wondering how the defense will fare this year without Clay Matthews (and to a lesser extent, how the offense will be different without Randall Cobb)...but this looks promising.

The Green Bay Packers were founded on August 11, 1919, by Curly Lambeau and George Whitney Calhoun.

Lambeau solicited funds for uniforms from his employer, the Indian Packing Company. He was given $500 for uniforms and equipment.

842434f2ad31007ea6686340b2b556c0.jpg

1919 Green Bay Packers Season:

09-14 Menominee North End A.C.....Won 53–0

09-21 Marinette Northerners.............Won 61–0

09-28 New London............................Won 54–0

10-05 Sheboygan Company C..........Won 87–0

10-12 Racine Iroquois.......................Won 76–6

10-19 at Ishpeming...........................Won 33–0

10-26 Oshkosh Professionals...........Won 85–0

11-02 Milwaukee Maple Leaf A.C. ...Won 53–0

11-09 Chicago Chilar A.C.................Won 46–0

11-16 at Stambaugh Miners..............Won 17–0