The Green Bay Packers Thread

Principled Man

Packers 21

Eagles 16

http://media.jsonline.com/images/600*450/mct-sports-fbn-packers-eagles-8-ph(2).jpg

Green Bay Packer cornerback Tramon Williams outplays Philadelphia wide receiver Riley Cooper and intercepts a last-minute pass from Michael Vick in the end zone to secure a thrilling, nerve-wrecking, and hugely dramatic victory over the Eagles. The Packers move on to the Divisional Round of the NFC Playoffs, where they play the Atlanta Falcons Saturday night.

The Packers dominated the Eagles early, but sputtered here and there and maintained a 14-3 lead at the half. The Eagles scored quickly in the 3rd quarter after recovering an Aaron Rodgers fumble, but the Packers threw a strong counter-punch by driving down and scoring their third touchdown. Clutch defense from the Packers in the final 2-3 minutes denied Michael Vick yet another miracle come-from-behind victory.

Packer fans may now sit back, relax, and breathe easy. The spectre of Vick is no more.....

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Edited by Workaholic Man

From a fanatical Cowboys fan, great win yesterday. I loved seeing the Eagles go down, and I think the Packers are a heckuva team. I hope whoever wins Packers / Falcons next week goes all the way.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jan 9 2011, 08:38 PM)
Woooooooooooooooo!

Bird #1 down. Falcons are next, then after the Bears lose, the Seahawks... on the way to beating the Ravens in the SB!!!

z7shysterical.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif spit6ph.gif

Now that was funny, but this guy's not laughing.

http://www.tremendousupsidepotential.com/img/Julius_Peppers_Bears.jpg

Just for you, WM.

For the rest of you reading you may not know that this guy is the play by play guy for the Vikings...

Why should I feel ashamed to argue ELI MANNING should be listed higher on my QB Hierarchy List than AARONFREAKINGRODGERS? I spent 20 minutes rhapsodizing Green Bay's quarterback today, highlighting the nuances to his approach yesterday and how he played like more than a big box score, yet when I put him beind Eli on my QHL people become offended. And I am not just tripping over one email, there were no fewer than 75 emails in 20 minutes and calls looking to mix it up.

Have people forgotten what Eli Manning did in the 2007 postseason when he assisted his team to, you know, a SUPERBOWLWIN!! Aaron Rodgers is a fine, top-10 QB in this league who handled a tough spot yesterday with poise and was by far the best QB in the game. He throws fewer picks than Eli and is more stylistically sound. He also is more of a running threat than Manning, and it's not even close.

But to pass Eli on my Quarterback Hierarchy List he has to win this weekend, then probably at Chicago and in the Super Bowl. Get some, kiddo!
Eli Manning took a Wild Card New York Giants team on the road three times and complemented the dynamic pass rush with ultra efficient and sometimes-explosive performances. And not to GREG JENNINGS and/or DONALD DRIVER, to AMANI TOOMER and DAVID TYREE. During that run he hit on 60 percent of his passes and threw six touchdowns against one pick, which came in the Super Bowl. He personified Big-Spot Eli that postseason and in the SB rallied the NYG for two fourth-quarter TD passes and the game-winner to PLAX. He outshined CAPTAIN COOL when the lights were at their brightest. And as a massive underdog. And against a team that hadn't lost a game in well over a year. And became the Super Bowl MVP for his toil.

Yet off all that I am just supposed to alter the QHL to show 12 ahead of Eli Manning? Keep winning and ascend the QHL, Mr. A-Rodg. It's a treat to watch you play and, yes, I wish we had a guy like you in our stable. But you have not achieved to the level Eli Manning has and thus still trail 'Cool, PEYTON MANNING, BREES and BEN in my book. JOE FLACCO has done more than you to this stage, and personally I think MATT RYAN sees the game more clearly. I guess we'll see this weekend how that bit shakes out. Man I hope the Falcons win this weekend, a series of days dedicated to the birds of the league. Go Falcons and go Seahawks because the last thing I want to deal with up to the NFC Title game is analyzing Green Bay at Chicago. That would be miserable.

http://www.kfan.com/pages/psn_paulallen.html

Just think...three more wins, and Rodgers could be the equal of Trent Dilfer...in the confused mind of Paul Allen. smile.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Edited by laughedatbytime

QUOTE (Syrinx @ Jan 10 2011, 01:41 PM)
From a fanatical Cowboys fan, great win yesterday. I loved seeing the Eagles go down, and I think the Packers are a heckuva team. I hope whoever wins Packers / Falcons next week goes all the way.

The way they beat the Eagles I did not see a huckuva team. They let a lackluster Eagle team with no offensive line or tackling/coveing secondary stay in the game until the last play. Sorry, but I didnt see it yesterday on either side of the ball.

I was of course happy that the Eagles overachieved this season (IMO), happy to see GB go all the way if they can, and of course happy that Dallas got to watch it all from the golf course. laugh.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jan 10 2011, 01:58 PM)
Woooooooooooooooo!

Bird #1 down. Falcons are next, then after the Bears lose, the Seahawks... on the way to beating the Ravens in the SB!!!

He sure was laughing HERE:

http://img1.timelines-se.com/photos/images/ce9a29391ae11e5bb8da5c29075a5ddd_three_column.jpg

This was after the Packer O-Line made him a NON-FACTOR on January 2nd...... yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jan 10 2011, 08:05 PM)
Just think...three more wins, and Rodgers could be the equal of Trent Dilfer...in the confused mind of Paul Allen. smile.gif

rofl3.gif  rofl3.gif

The Vikings' Paul Allen is just eternally pissed and bitter because he's not the REAL Paul Allen - the multi-billionaire from Microsoft....

.....so he has to be nasty towards all other successful men.....like Aaron Rodgers.... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Jan 10 2011, 09:14 PM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jan 10 2011, 01:58 PM)
Woooooooooooooooo!

He sure was laughing HERE:

http://img1.timelines-se.com/photos/images/ce9a29391ae11e5bb8da5c29075a5ddd_three_column.jpg

This was after the Packer O-Line made him a NON-FACTOR on January 2nd...... yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif

When the Packers were playing for their lives, in Lambau, while the Bears were playing for...what? They already that the #2 seed wrapped up. wink.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jan 10 2011, 09:05 PM)
QUOTE (Syrinx @ Jan 10 2011, 01:41 PM)
From a fanatical Cowboys fan, great win yesterday.  I loved seeing the Eagles go down, and I think the Packers are a heckuva team.  I hope whoever wins Packers / Falcons next week goes all the way.

The way they beat the Eagles I did not see a huckuva team. They let a lackluster Eagle team with no offensive line or tackling/coveing secondary stay in the game until the last play. Sorry, but I didnt see it yesterday on either side of the ball.

I was of course happy that the Eagles overachieved this season (IMO), happy to see GB go all the way if they can, and of course happy that Dallas got to watch it all from the golf course. laugh.gif

If David Akers makes those field goals, lots of folks in Sheboygan would have been cryin in their Pabst Blue Ribbon. laugh.gif

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jan 11 2011, 07:03 PM)
Methinks you misunderstood my post...or maybe I misunderstood yours...my bad.

Oh man.... wacko.gif I am sorry. It was I who misunderstood. You were referring to Paul Allen as the "homer", etc. I mistook you for someone else, who I thought was slamming me.

I didn't even look at your name when I hit the reply button. I should never post right before bedtime!! oops.gif oops.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Jan 11 2011, 08:47 PM)
QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jan 11 2011, 07:03 PM)
Methinks you misunderstood my post...or maybe I misunderstood yours...my bad.

Oh man.... wacko.gif I am sorry. It was I who misunderstood. You were referring to Paul Allen as the "homer", etc. I mistook you for someone else, who I thought was slamming me.

I didn't even look at your name when I hit the reply button. I should never post right before bedtime!! oops.gif oops.gif

No problem...I can see that it wasn't as clear as it could have been...it's all good.

smile.gif

My GAWD.....will the game EVER start??!!

00 Days 03 Hours 30 Minutes 00 Seconds - until kickoff.....

scared.gif scared.gif scared.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Jan 15 2011, 04:30 PM)
My GAWD.....will the game EVER start??!!

00 Days 03 Hours 30 Minutes 00 Seconds - until kickoff.....

scared.gif scared.gif scared.gif

Well, you can pass the time by enjoying what should be a great first game...I'm ready for some good hard hitting old time football.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 15 2011, 06:15 PM)
Come on Packers punish those Falcunts!!!

1287.gif  1287.gif  1287.gif  1287.gif

dazed025.gif dazed025.gif dazed025.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

What a terrible way to end our season. sad.gif

Congrats to the Packers. A well-deserved win, capitalizing on both our own turnovers and also on superb work from your defense and offense. I'm gonna go ahead and say that you guys are going to the Super Bowl; there's a very good chance that you win it as well. I actually like the Packers (well, not in this game laugh.gif ), and I wish you guys the best of luck in the rest of the playoffs.

Edited by Xanadu93