The Green Bay Packers Thread

Principled Man

Patriots 31

Matt Flynn 27

I am emotionally exhausted. ohmy.gif fists crying.gif

I couldn't be more proud of Matt Flynn and his tough, TOUGH performance tonight. He made his rookie mistakes here and there, but for 58 minutes, he totally out-played Tom Brady and the Patriots. Only a few freak plays, which gave the Patriots some easy scores, kept Flynn from shocking the NFL world.

The Packer O-Line FINALLY played smashmouth football, and John Kuhn is a freekin STUD. Just 2-3 mistakes made the difference. The Packers may miss out on the playoffs, but they are certainly a team to be feared. 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

I believe that, with both the Giants and Bucs losing yesterday, that the Pack still controls its own destiny...with two wins, they're in.

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Dec 20 2010, 07:27 AM)
I believe that, with both the Giants and Bucs losing yesterday, that the Pack still controls its own destiny...with two wins, they're in.

Ya, if they win out, they get at least a wild card.

If da Bears win tonight, they will clinch the NFC North Division.

If da Bears lose tonight, the Packers will still have a chance to win the Division. Da Bears will have to lose to the Jets and then the Packers must beat the Giants and Bears.

If the Packers get the #6 seed, they will have to go to #3 Chicago for the Wild Card Game. This will be the FIRST TIME EVER the Packers and Bears meet in the playoffs. ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Edited by Workaholic Man

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Dec 20 2010, 04:19 PM)
QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Dec 20 2010, 07:27 AM)

Ya, if they win out, they get at least a wild card.

If da Bears win tonight, they will clinch the NFC North Division.

If da Bears lose tonight, the Packers will still have a chance to win the Division. Da Bears will have to lose to the Jets and then the Packers must beat the Giants and Bears.

If the Packers get the #6 seed, they will have to go to #3 Chicago for the Wild Card Game. This will be the FIRST TIME EVER the Packers and Bears meet in the playoffs. ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Technically, the Packers and Bears played in the postseason in 1941 to decide the Western Division championship, a week after Pearl Harbor. The Bears won 33-14 and went on to beat the Giants in the championship game.

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Dec 21 2010, 08:39 PM)
Technically, the Packers and Bears played in the postseason in 1941 to decide the Western Division championship, a week after Pearl Harbor.    The Bears won 33-14 and went on to beat the Giants in the championship game.

Hmmm....the current NFL "experts" never bothered to mention this game. I'd say it does count as a playoff game, but not in the traditional sense.

But anyways, the Packers can get either a #5 or #6 seed if they win out and other teams fall apart. The Eagles and Bears are competing for the #2 seed. Either way, the Packers face a tough road. As the #6 seed, they'll have to go to either Philly or Chicago for the Wild Card game, then go to Atlanta or Philly/Chicago for the Divisional game.

As the #5 seed, they'll go to either St. Louis or Seattle or even San Francisco first. I'll take that route!!

Rodgers has been cleared to play.... cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Of course, if he refuses to slide again, they could always put in Flynn.... wink.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Dec 21 2010, 10:39 PM)
Rodgers has been cleared to play.... cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Of course, if he refuses to slide again, they could always put in Flynn.... wink.gif

Interesting article on ESPN.com, apparently Driver convinced Rodgers not to try to get back in.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/...ge=keown/101221

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Dec 21 2010, 10:39 PM)
Rodgers has been cleared to play.... cheer.gif  cheer.gif  cheer.gif

Interesting article on ESPN.com, apparently Driver convinced Rodgers not to try to get back in.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/...ge=keown/101221

Packers 45

Giants 17

http://prod.static.packers.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/GB/photos/clubimages/2010/12-December/folder_6--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

See this guy? He is AARON RODGERS, and he's BACK from his concussion. Any questions about his ability to play football? I didn't think so.....

Rodgers and his Green Bay Packers destroyed the New York Giants with a barrage of long passes, timely scrambling, and clutch plays all game long. Only a couple mistakes by his wide receiver corps kept him from scoring even more than his four TD's and over 400 yards passing. The Packer defense contained the Giants RB's, and they forced some fairly bad INT's from Eli Manning.

The "G-Men" were no match for Mr. Rodgers and His Neighborhood, who now have to beat their hated arch-enemy Chicago Bears next week to advance into the playoffs.

GO PACK GO!!!

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Dec 26 2010, 08:09 PM)
FIVE turnovers for the Giants.

either they were too worried about how and when they're getting home, seeign as how the whole NYC area is snowbound

or they just don't give as much of a F as Coughlin still does

So go home guys, with heads hung in shame

This will be your walk of fame

2 blowouts and what could have been

Now your boast is how well you take it on the chin

I can't even hope for next week against the Deadskins, hell they beat Jacksonville!

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Dec 26 2010, 09:11 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Dec 26 2010, 08:09 PM)
FIVE turnovers for the Giants.

either they were too worried about how and when they're getting home, seeign as how the whole NYC area is snowbound

or they just don't give as much of a F as Coughlin still does

So go home guys, with heads hung in shame

This will be your walk of fame

2 blowouts and what could have been

Now your boast is how well you take it on the chin

I can't even hope for next week against the Deadskins, hell they beat Jacksonville!

The last couple of picks.. he just threw the ball up fro grabs, and the one, as you saw the guy was out of bounds. By the last quarter the game was about over...

Two very rough weeks for sure, but the Skins are frauds...

QUOTE (Mr. Krinkle @ Dec 27 2010, 09:49 AM)
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_iyXfzwC47mk/SwWo1-vNTyI/AAAAAAAACww/t2OW1PMBw9A/s1600/its_a_girl_teddy_bear.jpg

Mr. Krinkle, I fixed your post for you..... 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Packers 10

Bears 3

http://media.jsonline.com/images/600*575/mjs-packers03_-spt_-lynn_-8-packers03.jpg

Yes, boys and girls, the Rivalry continues..... 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Charles Woodson and his hoard of Packer defenders harassed Jay Cutler all game long, as the Green And Gold earned a hard-fought victory over their hated rival as well as a berth in the playoffs.

Da Bears refused to rest their starters in what many were calling a meaningless game for the division champs, and their defense gave Aaron Rodgers and his offense absolute fits. The Packer defense proved to be up to the challenge, however. Woodson, Clay Matthews and company shut down Cutler and his big play offense, and punter Tim Masthay made the much-feared Devin Hester a non-factor with his clutch, CLUTCH punting.

Next up, some guy named Vick....

http://www.kryptonitekollectibles.com/images/prod/hercheerpackers2.jpg