The Green Bay Packers Thread

Principled Man

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Nov 28 2010, 05:13 PM)
For the next 2 hours, this is the official Eagles thread. Chicago 14 Philadelphia 13  1287.gif

Umm....this is the Green Bay Packers Thread. dazed025.gif An Eagles thread can be created ELSEWHERE.....

Lucky Falcons 20

Packers 17

angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif

Three to four plays made the difference today. Two evenly matched teams slugged it out, and the Falcons escaped with the victory. Aaron Rodgers was once again almost superhuman, but his teammates let him down at the worst times. A facemask penalty on that last minute kickoff return was simply inexcusable. It literally lost the game right there.

Rodgers did have that fluke fumble at the goal line, and it hurt, but they still had plenty of chances to win the game after that. No running game, little pressure on Matt Ryan in the 2nd half, and special teams incompetance doomed the Green and Gold.

Hopefully, they will learn from this loss and use it to improve the team. Oh, and perhaps they will go to K-Mart or Walmart tomorrow and buy a RUNNING GAME.....someone should have one on sale.....

How did McCarthy not Challenge that 4th down catch?

I don't care how good of a look you got. You HAVE to challenge that, even if you think you weren't gonna win. It was close, and was a potential game changing play (eventually this was proven true)

Even if you thought you weren't gonna win the challenge, the time reviewing the play would be a possible chance to slow down the momentum they had.

Packers 34

49ers 16

http://media.jsonline.com/images/600*401/mjs-packers06-3-of-hoffman(2).jpg-packers06(2).jpg

Packer WR Greg Jennings hauls in yet another touchdown pass from Aaron Rodgers in the Packers' hard-fought win against San Francisco. In a contest of big plays, Jennings and his fellow WR, Donald Driver, took over the game via clutch catches and breaking many tackles. Even more thrilling was seeing the Packers revive their running game with rookie newcomer James Starks, who impressed the Lambeau Field crowd with 73 yards rushing.

The Packers are now 8-4, but they are still in a ferocious battle for a playoff spot, as Chicago, New Orleans, and the Giants all won. It won't be easy for the Green And Gold, but Packer fans fully expect the Ghost of Lombardi to bring divine assistance.....

GO PACK GO!!!

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Dec 5 2010, 08:21 PM)
Are the Packers going to bury those ugly throwbacks?

Hopefully, they'll BURN them.....

My Gawd, how I hate 'em..... 062802puke_prv.gif Couldn't tell who was who until they turned their backs and you could read their names.....except for Clay Matthews, of course..... laugh.gif

I kinda liked em... except for the fact you couldn't read the numbers on the front.

I liked the "faux leather" helmets smile.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Dec 5 2010, 08:41 PM)

Hopefully, they'll BURN them.....

My Gawd, how I hate 'em..... 062802puke_prv.gif Couldn't tell who was who until they turned their backs and you could read their names.....except for Clay Matthews, of course..... laugh.gif

I'm kind of surprised the NFL let them wear them, because it was difficult to read the numbers from the front...I could see where it might be confusing to a defense.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Dec 12 2010, 04:02 PM)
Wow, bad loss there for the Packers!

ohmy.gif

Strange call on 4th and 1 with a mediocre (at best) backup.

Edited by laughedatbytime

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Dec 12 2010, 04:04 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Dec 12 2010, 04:02 PM)
Wow, bad loss there for the Packers!

ohmy.gif

Strange call on 4th and 1 with a mediocre (at best) backup.

More inexperienced than mediocre. Matt Flynn has the talent, but he never gets to play. That 4th-and-1 bomb would have worked if Flynn had more reps in real games. The timing would have been a lot better.

Not that I agree with the play-calling. I don't. They should have stayed with the short passing that got them into the red zone earlier.

And they need to MAN UP and get that one freekin yard when they need it.... angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Dec 19 2010, 10:44 PM)
QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Dec 19 2010, 10:28 PM)
I can't believe the Pack is behind the Bears in the division.  banghead.gif Green Bay 24 New England 21... 1287.gif

27-21...only three more eh.gif ...

Good hold for the Pack, 27-24 1287.gif 1287.gif 1287.gif