The Green Bay Packers Thread

Principled Man

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jan 23 2011, 09:08 PM)
gotta love a 330lb. guy getting an int and scoring.  gb controls their own destiny, if the play their game,

Raji almost became the latest version of Leon Lett....holding that ball out so far.....LOL.... dazed025.gif dazed025.gif dazed025.gif A few extra laps around the practice field should teach him a few things about BALL SECURITY..... angry.gif sad.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jan 23 2011, 11:12 PM)
Opening lines for SB XLV?

Packers open as 2 to 2.5 favorites.

That's a real surprise, IMO. The Steelers are going to their THIRD Super Bowl in six years. Their experience as well as their tough defense would seem to make them the favorite. If the Packers want to win, they had better protect Rodgers like they've never protected him before. He's gonna have to bring his A-Game.

And the Packer D will have to negate Roethlisberger and his "street-ball" play. No big plays allowed!! dazed025.gif dazed025.gif dazed025.gif

QUOTE (alphseeker @ Jan 23 2011, 11:57 PM)
Did Cutler just get up and Quit?????

According to Coach Smith, the team doctors and trainers said he couldn't play. His teammates are backing him up (even Urlacher), so I see no reason to doubt him.

When he was playing, he was stinking up the field. Caleb Hanie was an improvement!! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Jan 24 2011, 07:13 AM)

According to Coach Smith, the team doctors and trainers said he couldn't play. His teammates are backing him up (even Urlacher), so I see no reason to doubt him.

When he was playing, he was stinking up the field. Caleb Hanie was an improvement!! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

If Urlacher is backing him up then I trust the injury report more. But still, for a man who had an supposed knee injury, to the point where he couldn't play, he sure as hell was doing a lot of standing on that knee when they cut to shots of him on the sideline.

Looks like that is what everyone thinks , including other N.F.L. players

Edited by metaldad

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jan 24 2011, 08:51 AM)

While I am no fan of Cutler, the players spouting off about his toughness. Were not actually playing in the game and there comments are just foolish!

I did here on a radio show that the coach and trainers have verified it's a knee injury. I have not seen that on any of the sports websites. Just have to wait and see.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jan 24 2011, 12:42 PM)
QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Jan 24 2011, 07:13 AM)

If Urlacher is backing him up then I trust the injury report more. But still, for a man who had an supposed knee injury, to the point where he couldn't play, he sure as hell was doing a lot of standing on that knee when they cut to shots of him on the sideline.

Cutler reminds me of Tomlinson in the AFC championship just moping around the sidelines while,

"PHILIP RIVERS" was playing on a torn ACL -

wtf.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Jan 24 2011, 01:50 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jan 24 2011, 08:51 AM)

While I am no fan of Cutler, the players spouting off about his toughness. Were not actually playing in the game and there comments are just foolish!

I did here on a radio show that the coach and trainers have verified it's a knee injury. I have not seen that on any of the sports websites. Just have to wait and see.

ESPN is reporting an MCL sprain.

Still, he didn't look too disappointed about not going back in.

Then again, he did keep going back in during the game the Giants sacked him every other play, so he has exhibited toughness in the past. If his teammates have his back, I guess we have to give him the benefit of the doubt. Not sure if that's just for public consumption, though.

I saw Hanie play a few times in preseason. He didn't look that bad, albeit against third string defenses. Maybe the Vikes could trade for him, he's probably better than anyone they've got. smile.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Jan 23 2011, 11:52 PM)
QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jan 23 2011, 11:12 PM)
Opening lines for SB XLV?

Packers open as 2 to 2.5 favorites.

That's a real surprise, IMO. The Steelers are going to their THIRD Super Bowl in six years. Their experience as well as their tough defense would seem to make them the favorite. If the Packers want to win, they had better protect Rodgers like they've never protected him before. He's gonna have to bring his A-Game.

And the Packer D will have to negate Roethlisberger and his "street-ball" play. No big plays allowed!! dazed025.gif dazed025.gif dazed025.gif

I was a little surprised too. I think the AFC is a bit stronger than the NFC. But I thought the spread would be within a field goal...maybe the Steelers opening at -1 to -1.5.

Should be a fun game.

I call bullshit on the knee injury.........if it was at all serious, he wouldn't have been pacing the sidelines with a dumb look on his face....... Edited by WCFIELDS

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jan 24 2011, 09:48 PM)
I call bullshit on the knee injury.........if it was at all serious, he wouldn't have been pacing the sidelines with a dumb look on his face.......

Yeah - If he was a running back maybe i could understand but all you have to do is step into the pocket and fire - He quit -

Edited by alphseeker

QUOTE (troutman @ Jan 24 2011, 10:02 PM)
Not to make this political. But Charles Woodson did! rofl3.gif  biggrin.gif

http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos...rs/1b68dc25-edd

Nah....no politics involved here. Just a GREAT motivational speech by Woodson. The Prez doesn't wanna see them, so they'll go see HIM!!

1, 2, 3,....WHITE HOUSE!!!

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (g under p @ Jan 24 2011, 11:41 PM)
Green and GOLD will rule this game

GOLD, my man....Green and GOLD...!!! You're killin' me...!!! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif biggrin.gif

http://www.businesspundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/gold.jpg

This game will be something. My dad's side of the family lives in Pittsburgh, my grandpa (his dad) was the only one to venture away from the area and settled in WI. I have always liked the Steelers because of this, but only love my Packers.

My real worry is the fact the Packers current team has never been to the SB and if one or two key guys buy into all the distractions, could mean the difference in the game. The Packers need to play hard for 60 minutes, and do not let them come back if they have a 14 point lead biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jan 25 2011, 02:57 PM)
This game will be something. My dad's side of the family lives in Pittsburgh, my grandpa (his dad) was the only one to venture away from the area and settled in WI. I have always liked the Steelers because of this, but only love my Packers. 

I was born and raised in Bengal territory, so I grew up in the 70's despising the Steelers. I mean, we HATED those f*ckers.....!! We hated the Browns and Oilers, too, but the Steelers went beyond hate.... rage.gif rage.gif rage.gif

These days, I don't hate 'em nearly as much, but I do respect Tomlin and LeBeau. I have no love for their quarterback and thug players, that's for sure. I'm sick of their "We hit harder, we're meaner, we're bigger and badder...." routine. They don't hit any harder than the Packers, Bears, Giants or Ravens hit....

But anyways, it will indeed be a great game. Let's hope it's a clean fight - no plethora of penalties and sloppy play. Time to show some GREATNESS!!! yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif

Cool story about Donald Driver. I knew most of the background but this story flushes it out quite a bit. What an inspirational story!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/201...tory?id=6069357

I Hate them but i have to go for them, can't have Pitt win in Big-D no.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jan 30 2011, 01:04 PM)
I Hate them but i have to go for them, can't have Pitt win in Big-D no.gif

I'm afraid they will though.

Dallas' first SB and the two teams that have plagued us most are in it.

sad.gif

Time remaining:

5:59:59

http://sidelineexchange.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/aaron-rodgers.jpg