The Green Bay Packers Thread

Principled Man

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Oct 17 2010, 06:58 PM)
Is Barnett gone for the year?

Yep, Nick Barnett was placed on Injured Reserve.

Finley will be out 8 weeks at the very minimum. 8-14 weeks possible. They may keep him on the roster in hopes of having him for the playoffs.

My main worry is all the injuries on defense. Pickett, Matthews, Neal, Poppinga, now Woodson may be hurt, too. If they can't mount a pass rush, then they have no chance to make the playoffs. fists crying.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Oct 17 2010, 08:31 PM)

Finley will be out 8 weeks at the very minimum. 8-14 weeks possible. They may keep him on the roster in hopes of having him for the playoffs.

My main worry is all the injuries on defense. Pickett, Matthews, Neal, Poppinga, now Woodson may be hurt, too. If they can't mount a pass rush, then they have no chance to make the playoffs. fists crying.gif

That's tough but at least the Bears lost too. common001.gif

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Oct 17 2010, 08:37 PM)

The NFC North is up for grabs.

The entire NFC might be for grabs.

The Saints may have turned it up a notch today. They stomped on Tampa in Tampa. Philly beat Atlanta, so they may be heating up....although they did lose WR Jackson to a major concussion.

North - ???

South - Saints

East - Eagles

West - Seahawks? the RAMS?? ohmy.gif

Right now, I'd pick the Saints and Eagles to fight for the Super Bowl. I'd pick the Steelers as the solid favorite in the AFC.

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Oct 17 2010, 09:13 PM)
QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Oct 17 2010, 08:37 PM)

The NFC North is up for grabs.

The entire NFC might be for grabs.

The Saints may have turned it up a notch today. They stomped on Tampa in Tampa. Philly beat Atlanta, so they may be heating up....although they did lose WR Jackson to a major concussion.

North - ???

South - Saints

East - Eagles

West - Seahawks? the RAMS?? ohmy.gif

Right now, I'd pick the Saints and Eagles to fight for the Super Bowl. I'd pick the Steelers as the solid favorite in the AFC.

There are about 5-6 teams in the AFC who I think are as good or better than the best teams in the NFC...NE, Pit, NYJ, Bal, and Ind.

I had the Pack as champs at the beginning of the year but they've been more than decimated (in the original sense of the word) by injuries, so I almost think that the Vikes will prevail in the North, though if the Pack gets healthy late they could take it too.

The other divisions are a challenge to pick at this point. I left the Giants for dead three weeks ago, now they're playing some of the best ball in the league. I'm not sure if I could pick a team with Kolb or Vick to win a conference championship. The Cowboys have talent but so little discipline (and such a significant deficit) it would be hard to pick them.

The NFC West champion will be the worst team to make the playoffs since either the 1990 Saints or the 1982 Cardinals, but I would have put the 08 Cardinals in the same class two years ago and they had a pretty good run. Of course, they had Kurt Warner, not Max Hall, an aging Hasselbeck, Sam Bradford or Alex Smith.

Maybe the Saints or Falcons are the best team in the conference but the Falcons haven't played well at all, and the Saints have a post SB hangover.

If I had to pick today I'd probably say that the Saints have the best chance, but maybe no more than 30%...it should be a shootout. So far, the whole season's been an example of parity...three 23-20 games yesterday, and two of them went to OT....plus another boatload of close games and just one or two blowouts.

Packers 28

Vikings 24

http://media.jsonline.com/images/600*475/mjs-packers25-12-of-hoffman.jpg-packers25.jpg

Desmond Bishop returns a Brett Favre interception for a touchdown in the Packers' thrilling and exhausting victory over their bitter rival Minnesota. 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

In the back-n-forth slugfest, the Packer offense mixed dominating football with erratic play, but the defense, still beseiged by injuries, intercepted Brett Favre three times and held the Vikings out of the end zone in the last minutes. The Packer offensive line protected Aaron Rodgers all night long, and the faithful Lambeau crowd was rewarded with a much-needed win.

Play Of The Game = FS Nick Collins' 4th quarter flying INT deep in Packer territory. It preserved the lead and forced the Vikings to go the entire field on their last desperation drive, which ended in an EPIC FAIL..... 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Oct 25 2010, 06:38 PM)
Now, if only you could find a way to overtake the Bears in the division.  eyesre4.gif

It's only a matter of time..... yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif

The way the Bears are playing...home losses to Seattle and Washington...the only team they may be able to hold off is the Lions.

Packers 9

Jets ZERO

http://media.jsonline.com/images/484*600/mjs-packers01_-spt_-lynn_-10-packers01(2).jpg

He's baaaaaack......

Clay Matthews celebrates his clutch sack of Jets QB Mark Sanchez late in the 4th quarter to help secure the Packers incredible 9-0 shutout of the favored Jets on their home turf.

It was all defense today for both teams. The Jets' defense played suffocating football against the powerful Packer offense. However, the Packer defense trumped them with their own stifling play and two interceptions of Sanchez. Three field goals by Mason Crosby turned out to be the only scoring in a contest full of stellar, STELLAR defensive schemes and execution.

GO PACK GO!!

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Edited by Workaholic Man

I gotta give the Jets' defense a LOT of respect. They challenged every single play. Only once or twice did Packer receivers get comfortably open. The windows thru which Rodgers had to throw were tiny.

If the Packers had refrained from those retarded deep balls (in favor of more dinkin and dunkin), they may have scored more points. They really need to develop a power running game, and dump their mediocre "keep 'em honest" scheme.

Jets-Packers Super Bowl? Hmmmm...........maybe, but I hope not!! unsure.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Oct 31 2010, 07:23 PM)
I gotta give the Jets' defense a LOT of respect. They challenged every single play. Only once or twice did Packer receivers get comfortably open. The windows thru which Rodgers had to throw were tiny.

If the Packers had refrained from those retarded deep balls (in favor of more dinkin and dunkin), they may have scored more points. They really need to develop a power running game, and dump their mediocre "keep 'em honest" scheme.

Jets-Packers Super Bowl? Hmmmm...........maybe, but I hope not!! unsure.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

My question is, when are the Packers gonna get their injured players back? Will any of them return before the season ends?

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Oct 31 2010, 08:02 PM)
My question is, when are the Packers gonna get their injured players back? Will any of them return before the season ends?

The Packers are still undecided on Al Harris and Atari Bigby. They have to make a decision soon with both of them - either put them on IR, activate them, or cut them.

Cullen Jenkins (calf) played today.

Ryan Pickett (ankle) may miss more time.

Donald Driver (thigh) got worse. He may be out for a while.

Aaron Rodgers twisted his ankle today, but I'm sure he'll play thru it.

Dimitri Nance (ankle) may play next week.

Mark Tauscher (shoulder) may be ready for the Cowboys, but Bulaga is playing well in his place.

The Packers are in the midst of offering DB Tramon Williams a big contract, so Al Harris may be let go after this year (or sooner). He is 35, and Williams' deep ball coverage skills are a bit better. Harris will be crushed if they cut him.... eh.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Oct 31 2010, 05:54 PM)
Packers 9
Jets ZERO

http://media.jsonline.com/images/484*600/mjs-packers01_-spt_-lynn_-10-packers01(2).jpg

He's baaaaaack......

Clay Matthews celebrates his clutch sack of Jets QB Mark Sanchez late in the 4th quarter to help secure the Packers incredible 9-0 shutout of the favored Jets on their home turf.

It was all defense today for both teams. The Jets' defense played suffocating football against the powerful Packer offense. However, the Packer defense trumped them with their own stifling play and two interceptions of Sanchez. Three field goals by Mason Crosby turned out to be the only scoring in a contest full of stellar, STELLAR defensive schemes and execution.

GO PACK GO!!

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Thanks for defeating the arrogant Rex Ryan...it was fun to see a 4th and 18 punt fake turn into the game winning FG. laugh.gif

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Nov 2 2010, 07:11 PM)
Thanks for defeating the arrogant Rex Ryan...it was fun to see a 4th and 18 punt fake turn into the game winning FG. laugh.gif

I've read that Ryan gives his punter the freedom to call his own fakes. This, of course, completely backfired Sunday. Faking a punt in the first quarter deep in your own territory? Not smart. fing.gif

But anyways, humbling Rex Ryan and then Jerry Jones the next week would be an excellent way to go into the bye week.... yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Nov 2 2010, 09:35 PM)
QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Nov 2 2010, 07:11 PM)

I've read that Ryan gives his punter the freedom to call his own fakes. This, of course, completely backfired Sunday. Faking a punt in the first quarter deep in your own territory? Not smart. fing.gif

But anyways, humbling Rex Ryan and then Jerry Jones the next week would be an excellent way to go into the bye week.... yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif

Well, if Jerry Jones isn't humbled by 1-6, odds are that 1-7 isn't going to do it either.

Not that it's not worth a shot anyway smile.gif

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Nov 7 2010, 09:42 PM)
QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Nov 7 2010, 09:40 PM)
Packers 21 Cowboys 0... so far... smile.gif

I write way too slow. I missed that last one. banghead.gif 28-0 biggrin.gif

The best part of it is that it shouldn't even have been a TD, but the Cowboys ran out of challenges due to their own incompetence and disorganization.

rofl3.gif 653.gif

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Nov 7 2010, 09:45 PM)

The best part of it is that it shouldn't even have been a TD, but the Cowboys ran out of challenges due to their own incompetence and disorganization.

rofl3.gif 653.gif

I only saw the replay on the strip and it did seem like it was done after the guy ( bloke bekloppt.gif Treeduck ) was down. yes.gif

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Nov 7 2010, 09:53 PM)
QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Nov 7 2010, 09:45 PM)

rofl3.gif 653.gif

I only saw the replay on the strip and it did seem like it was done after the guy ( bloke bekloppt.gif Treeduck ) was down. yes.gif

They should call this one done. Pack 35 pokey.gif 7 Cows.