The Green Bay Packers Thread

Principled Man

QUOTE (Blenderhead @ Sep 21 2010, 01:26 PM)
ILSnwdog, hows about a friendly wager on the outcome of the Packers v. the Bears?

I say 24-14 Pack.

You can provide any stipulations you feel are necessary. blush4.gif

Ouch...that hurted! FUQUIN' BEARS! angry.gif

wtf.gif wtf.gif wtf.gif

banghead.gif banghead.gif banghead.gif

062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

Well, boys and girls, I think it's safe to say that the Packers beat themselves tonight. Hopefully they'll learn from the experience....!!

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Sep 27 2010, 09:32 PM)
wtf.gif wtf.gif wtf.gif

banghead.gif banghead.gif banghead.gif

062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

Well, boys and girls, I think it's safe to say that the Packers beat themselves tonight. Hopefully they'll learn from the experience....!!

Killing me!

I picked The Pack to win outright! FAIL!

Damn Bears are on FIRE.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Sep 28 2010, 01:03 AM)

Damn Bears are on FIRE.

LMAO

They got lucky 2 out of the 3 weeks... Packers beat themselves last night, and so did the Cowboys when the Bears faced them...

I'm not too worried, just have to clean up their game.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Sep 28 2010, 10:06 AM)
18 penalties for 152 yards.....who saw that coming? confused13.gif wtf.gif

Bears getting all the breaks right now but it will catch up to them because I still am not sold on them being that good.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Sep 28 2010, 08:35 AM)
They got lucky 2 out of the 3 weeks... Packers beat themselves last night, and so did the Cowboys when the Bears faced them...

That's classic Bear football - don't win the game outright....just take advantage of the opponent's screw ups.

The Bears' special teams are good, but their offense and especially the defense are overrated. They will not win the NFC North.

Packers 28, Lions 26

http://media.jsonline.com/images/600*515/mjs-packers04_-spt_-sieu_-8-packers04.jpg

Charles Woodson returns an interception for a touchdown in the Packers' hard-fought victory over the underrated Lions. Woodson showed why he was the 2009 Defensive Player Of The Year; he was all over the field, tackling RB's, breaking up passes, and getting a pick-6. Although they were outgained by the Lions in yardage and time of possession, the Packers showed great resolve by securing the game late in the 4th quarter.

A nail-biting victory for sure!!

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Redskins 16

Packers 13

Well, Skins, here's your victory - all gift-wrapped and pretty. Compliments of the Green Bay Packers..... angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif

http://projectcenter.creativememories.com/photos/fathers_day_project_ideas/giftbox1.jpg

Coach McCarthy and his staff have LOTS of soul-searching to do after they threw away a potentially easy victory. Even when the run game was there for the taking, Coach kept on passing, passing, passing...not even 3-and-outs and QB sacks would keep him from his passing, passing, passing.... 062802puke_prv.gif

The thing that pissed me off more than anything is wasting precious SECOND HALF timeouts for a freakin 5 yd delay of game. So-the-f-what?? Those 2 wasted timeouts could have made the difference at the end of the game.

I'm tired and crabby, thanks for ruining my weekend you idiots! (ok, mostly just big Mike)

Ya know, I don't have a problem with losing fair and square. If the other team outplays you, then kudos to them, and no hard feelings..... smile.gif

But losses like this one and the loss to da Bears drive me batty!! banghead.gif They are CLEARLY superior to the other team, but their frequent mistakes, penalties, dropped balls, and HORRIBLE PLAY CALLING give the game away....

angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif

So, what do you Packer fans think of starting Rodgers coming off a concussion in this week's game against the Dolphins (nonconference) with the showdown vs the Vikings coming up next week?

I think they should sit him for one week to get him fully healthy for the Vikes. Then again, I'm a Dolphin fan so my opinion might not be completely unbiased...wink.gif

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Oct 15 2010, 02:29 PM)
So, what do you Packer fans think of starting Rodgers coming off a concussion in this week's game against the Dolphins (nonconference) with the showdown vs the Vikings coming up next week?

I think they should sit him for one week to get him fully healthy for the Vikes.  Then again, I'm a Dolphin fan so my opinion might not be completely unbiased...wink.gif

Well, if he's feeling fine, not showing any symptoms, and he's passed all the tests, then there is no valid reason to sit him.

Ya can't play scared; Rodgers has said so himself. Any player can get his brains scrambled on any play at any time. wacko.gif

I don't like it. As a football coach, we are taught by medical experts that it takes a week after all symptoms are gone for the brain to heal.

Not only that, but if they didn't stupidly waste timeouts and could have gotten a couple yards closer for that last kick, we would not be talking about Rodgers' concussion.... angry.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Oct 15 2010, 03:00 PM)
Not only that, but if they didn't stupidly waste timeouts and could have gotten a couple yards closer for that last kick, we would not be talking about Rodgers' concussion....  angry.gif

They should have been taking a knee in those last minutes of regulation.

No running the ball in the 2nd half.

All pass = incompletions = no running time off the clock

Defense always on the field

No keeping McNabb off the field

But no - they gotta keep Rodgers happy and pass, pass, pass....and then he gets his brains scrambled when he should have been taking a knee to end the game..... 062802puke_prv.gif

When you let a mediocre QB like Chad Henne sit back in the pocket, totally unmolested, and throw to whomever he wants all day long, you really need to get better players on defense....

...no, wait. They're all injured.

Packers 20

Dolphins 23

062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Oct 17 2010, 06:22 PM)
When you let a mediocre QB like Chad Henne sit back in the pocket, totally unmolested, and throw to whomever he wants all day long, you really need to get better players on defense....

...no, wait. They're all injured.

Packers 20
Dolphins 23

062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

As a Miami fan, I agree with your assessment of Henne as he is currently, though for some reason he has the Jets' number.

I picked the Pack to win the Super Bowl prior to the season, but just don't see how it's possible now with all of the injuries. Still, if they get Matthews, Finley, etc healthy by the playoffs and can hang in there long enough to get there, they could be dangerous.

Is Barnett gone for the year?