Most Underrated & Most Overrated Rush Song

rushgoober

Over rated Tom Sawyer.

Agreed.

Underrated: Dog Years, the music moves along and cranks. The lyrics are fun take on subject that adult Peart is obsessed with, getting older.

I enjoy it, and think the lyrics are a lot more clever than most of his stuff from that era. :cheers:
  • Like 2

Underrated: Double Agent

Where's the love for this one? It's very much out of Rush's wheel house. It's dark and heavy and it contains perhaps Alex's sickest riff ever and his playing on this song overall is just awesome. The speaking parts could have come off cheesy but they end up working

Overrated: The Big Money or anything Power Windows

Everyone seems to love this album, but it's just not good for me. Probably too synthesizer driven in parts, too 80's sounding in parts, etc. Big Money has been played every tour it seems and I just don't think it's as great as so many fans think it is, or Rush for that matter...

Underrated: "Countdown" from Signals. Although "Heresy" from Roll The Bones come close.

Overrated: Not choosing any hits... "Available Light" from Presto. Never got the huge praise for this song. I would also go for 'Alien Shore" from Counterparts as well.

Underrated: "Countdown" from Signals. Although "Heresy" from Roll The Bones come close.

Overrated: Not choosing any hits... "Available Light" from Presto. Never got the huge praise for this song. I would also go for 'Alien Shore" from Counterparts as well.

I never thought Countdown was all that underrated, I think a lot of people like it, but I agree with everything else said here (although I might put 2112 in Overrated too)

I never thought Countdown was all that underrated, I think a lot of people like it, but I agree with everything else said here (although I might put 2112 in Overrated too)

I would consider Countdown slightly underrated. I think as far as Signals' singles go, ( tongue twister :P ), Countdown doesn't get nearly as much praise as Subdivisions or New World Man. Plus, I always thought the music video was awesome.

Also, I nominate Mystic Rhythms for being overrated. Cut To The Chase and Marathon are underrated.

• Like 1

Underrated: Different Strings, The Weapon, Lock and Key, Presto (the song), Ghost of a Chance, Cut to the Chase, Cold Fire

Overrated: New World Man, Big Money, Force Ten, Roll the Bones

I would consider Countdown slightly underrated. I think as far as Signals' singles go, ( tongue twister :P ), Countdown doesn't get nearly as much praise as Subdivisions or New World Man. Plus, I always thought the music video was awesome.

Also, I nominate Mystic Rhythms for being overrated. Cut To The Chase and Marathon are underrated.

"Mystic Rhythms" overrated? That depends on what website you go to, honestly. Some websites hate this song, and some websites love this song. I also agree with "Cut To The Chase" being underrated.

Edited by _hi_water._

I agree with everything else said here (although I might put 2112 in Overrated too)

That's a hard one. The first 3 movements of 2112 are soooo epic. Then it just falls on its face by the end.

Attention all planets of the solar federation (eyeroll).

I agree with everything else said here (although I might put 2112 in Overrtoo)

That's a hard one. The first 3 movements of 2112 are soooo epic.

The first 4. Presentation kicks ass.
  • Like 1

Yes, point taken.

It's at 13:00 that the rock opera always lost me, right after "It doesn't fit the plan!"

Yes, point taken.

It's at 13:00 that the rock opera always lost me, right after "It doesn't fit the plan!"

But Soliloquy tho...

Yes, point taken.

But Soliloquy tho...

I usually bailed after Presentation...stopped paying much attention anyway.

Yes, point taken.

But Soliloquy tho...

I usually bailed after Presentation...stopped paying much attention anyway.

I always listen all the way through! :haz:

• Like 4

Under-rated:

Available Light - quite easily one of the best songs the band has ever written/recorded and absolutely at the top of the list of Alex solos.

funny because it constantly gets gushed with love on this forum

Overrated - Spindrift...maybe not now but TRFers loved this thing back when it was new. I thought it was one of the worst songs off one of their worst albums. Actually, I still think so.

this post kinda aged like milk LOL

Overrated - Spindrift...maybe not now but TRFers loved this thing back when it was new. I thought it was one of the worst songs off one of their worst albums. Actually, I still think so.

this post kinda aged like milk LOL

How? It’s true - TRFers DID praise it back in 2007 when it was new. And I still think it’s one of their worst off one of their worst albums.

The only difference now is that I’d say SnA IS my least liked Rush album.

I like the beginning of Spindrift and the guitar riff. But then I find myself losing interest in the song and jabbing the skip button about a minute & a half into it lol

:yes: