All 156 songs, ranked and reviewed by Deckiller

Deckiller

QUOTE (JPRushHed @ Oct 25 2010, 10:07 PM)
All credibility lost with How It Is being ranked so low. That is a Top 50 song.

It's not one of their best songs overall, but How It Is is one of the only listenable coherant songs, both lyrically, vocally and arrangement-wise from that whole freakin' album.

My fav song of the 2000s from Rush. It's my personal anthem when I'm having 'one of those days'.

I would suggest the motion that ONE PERSON finish off his epic list with the 50 or whatever songs that are left, if they are also described in detail like his.

Any takers?

Good to see you back, but I have to say that I also disagree with the placement of TCE and Circumstances for that matter. Then again this is your list, so I respect your reasoning.

QUOTE (Deckiller @ Aug 27 2010, 11:56 PM)
Yeah, "How It Is" might be a little low. I have a whole slew of 3.5/10 songs, so sorting them out is hard.

The list so far:

156. You Can't Fight It
155. Rivendell
154. Dog Years
153. Take a Friend
152. Madrigal
151. I Think I'm Going Bald
150. You Bet Your Life
149. What You're Doing
148. How It Is
147. Virtuality

What Your Doing should be ranked much higher.... fists crying.gif

deckiller is NOT qualified to continue this list.

if you put the camera eye anywhere outside of the top 10, you should have all rush privileges revoked.

too long? that was the #1 song fans wanted to hear before the time machine tour... what about xanadu? 2112? are they too long?

christ all friday! wtf.gif

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Jan 19 2011, 06:30 PM)
deckiller is NOT qualified to continue this list.

if you put the camera eye anywhere outside of the top 10, you should have all rush privileges revoked.
too long? that was the #1 song fans wanted to hear before the time machine tour... what about xanadu? 2112? are they too long?

christ all friday! wtf.gif

At least 2112 has different parts..

Honestly, I have no problem with 2112's length, even with the guitar tuning in part 3. Plus, I tend to give overlong songs a higher pass if I really like what's going on. Take Armor and Sword for instance. It's about two minutes too long, but I don't mind all that much. The Camera Eye is a great song, but I enjoy/play 50+ other Rush songs more often. It doesn't surprise me that it's a favorite among many/most fans smile.gif Edited by Deckiller