All 156 songs, ranked and reviewed by Deckiller

Deckiller

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Sep 6 2010, 10:43 AM)
How is Resist so high and Vital Signs so low?

Because this is a joke, an interesting joke but a joke nonetheless.

QUOTE (mong82191 @ Sep 6 2010, 10:06 AM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Sep 6 2010, 10:43 AM)
How is Resist so high and Vital Signs so low?

Because this is a joke, an interesting joke but a joke nonetheless.

Nah, it's not a joke! Why would I spend so much time working on a joke against my favorite band? wub.gif 2.gif

I'm loving this thread! Excellent work, and very interesting (even though my list would be pretty different).

Do all the people bitching in this thread realize that if they made a thread listing their favorite Rush songs in order, they'd have the same group of idiots in an uproar about THEIR choices??

QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Sep 6 2010, 01:08 PM)
Do all the people bitching in this thread realize that if they made a thread listing their favorite Rush songs in order, they'd have the same group of idiots in an uproar about THEIR choices??

Yes, but most people feel as I do that if they made a list and people were complaining about the placements it would be without merit because then that list would be exactly perfect. That's just simply not the case with "someone else's" list other than our own. wink.gif tongue.gif unsure.gif

Personally, I'm glad you put many of the songs from Vapor Trails at the bottom. I'm a Rush fanatic but that album just sucks ass. Every song is too long and sounds tired and unfocused. Strange that their first album in 6 years would be so lame, not to mention the horrible production and sound quality. I have never been able to listen to the album for very long. Just terrible....

QUOTE (ak2112 @ Sep 6 2010, 08:34 PM)
Personally, I'm glad you put many of the songs from Vapor Trails at the bottom. I'm a Rush fanatic but that album just sucks ass. Every song is too long and sounds tired and unfocused. Strange that their first album in 6 years would be so lame, not to mention the horrible production and sound quality. I have never been able to listen to the album for very long. Just terrible....

goodpost.gif

I could never understand why everyone doesn't see it this way. I felt that way from the first listen, and it never got better after subsequent listens.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 7 2010, 09:00 AM)
QUOTE (ak2112 @ Sep 6 2010, 08:34 PM)
Personally, I'm glad you put many of the songs from Vapor Trails at the bottom.  I'm a Rush fanatic but that album just sucks ass.  Every song is too long and sounds tired and unfocused.  Strange that their first album in 6 years would be so lame, not to mention the horrible production and sound quality.  I have never been able to listen to the album for very long.  Just terrible....

goodpost.gif

I could never understand why everyone doesn't see it this way. I felt that way from the first listen, and it never got better after subsequent listens.

X2

That's the hard part about this list. I've probably listened to each Rush song 30+ times, with just a few exceptions. Sometimes it takes a critical listen for me to really get an idea of where it stacks up. In hindsight, I'd probably rank Lakeside Park and Cinderella Man a bit higher.