All 156 songs, ranked and reviewed by Deckiller

Deckiller

QUOTE (Deckiller @ Aug 31 2010, 03:17 PM)
Yeah, I generally like The Fountain of Lamneth. For a while, it was my favorite Rush epic. As for now...you'll have to wait and see smile.gif

If your fav. epic is Hemispheres, I take back everything I said about you and I love you. wub.gif

QUOTE (Ted Barchetta @ Aug 31 2010, 07:37 PM)
Yeah, I generally like The Fountain of Lamneth. For a while, it was my favorite Rush epic. As for now...you'll have to wait and see smile.gif

If your fav. epic is Hemispheres, I take back everything I said about you and I love you. wub.gif

What if I told you it's not quite my favorite epic, but is considerably high on the list?

QUOTE (Deckiller @ Aug 31 2010, 04:56 PM)
QUOTE (Ted Barchetta @ Aug 31 2010, 07:37 PM)

What if I told you it's not quite my favorite epic, but is considerably high on the list?

That's ok. I love it, but i'm cool if not everyone does. trink39.gif

QUOTE (1dgbass @ Aug 30 2010, 03:17 PM)
Honestly man, you should NOT be making a list like this. The way you put down some of these songs, it really is a travestiy. I looked at your profile and it says you play a little keyboard. I play bass and piano and I know how hard it it to play alot of these songs. I mean, Vital Signs at 99? Do you know how great the bass work is on that song? Rush work really hard at what they do and with a band like Rush you just can't have lists and ranks. All their songs are great. Us Rush Fanatics don't need people like you talking about this band like it's nothing. You describe these songs like "the chorus doesn't do it for me". No one cares about your meaningless opion. Don't get me wrong it's nice for you to dedicate alot of time to talking about this band, but do it in a good way. You will probably put "Tom Sawyer" and "Limelight" in the top ten, b/c they are the most commercially acceptable songs. Do yourself a favor and try playing your keyboards more. You'll relize how hard it is to actually play music instead of critizizing it.

no.gif

dazed025.gif

new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Don't take a top rush song list too seriously, especially from someone who likes a band as lame as Nightwish.

Hints to future rankings...

Here are some hints.

My number 80 song is from Test for Echo.

My number 70 song is a lengthy fan favorite that will surely get me gutted.

My number 60 song is another lengthy fan favorite that was played partially on several recent tours.

My number 85 song has a nice little bass solo that is elevated to epicness when performed live.

My number 75 song might be a little...scary.

My number 65 song can only be described with one expression:

cool10.gif

My number 50 song is just classic 90s.

Any predictions?

Edited by Deckiller

I think what you are doing is really cool - Just 1 placement I really disagree with "Lakeside Park" Have you ever listened to this song off "All the world's a stage" there is allot of Band meaning to this song - Please listen to it again and move it up - Going to see Our 3 at the NY fair on thursday - Driving there from Virginia leaving tomorrow !!

QUOTE (Deckiller @ Aug 31 2010, 05:23 PM)

Here are some hints.

My number 60 song is another lengthy fan favorite that was played partially on several recent tours.

My number 85 song has a nice little bass solo that is elevated to epicness when performed live.

cool10.gif

Any predictions?

Taking a few guesses on this one, but I am thinking...

80 = Half The World

70 = 2112

60 = Cygnus X-1

85 = Driven

75 = The Weapon

65 = A Passage To Bangkok

50 = Show Dont Tell

BTW, don't take offense to what a small few have been saying. Even though I strongly disagree with a number of songs put on the low end of your list (I personally love Vapor Trails despite its poor production), I am still thoroughly enjoying this thread.

It would actually be really interesting to see everyone's songs ranked in order of thier favorites to see how TRF as a whole feels about each song.

Edited by Ultra

QUOTE (Deckiller @ Aug 31 2010, 09:23 PM)

Here are some hints.

cool10.gif

Any predictions?

85. Driven obviously smile.gif

80. Test for Echo

75. Caravan?

70. Cygnus X-1 Book 2

65. One Little Victory

60. Xanadu(i hope not)

50. Stick It Out

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Aug 31 2010, 08:11 PM)
QUOTE (1dgbass @ Aug 30 2010, 03:17 PM)
Honestly man, you should NOT be making a list like this. The way you put down some of these songs, it really is a travestiy. I looked at your profile and it says you play a little keyboard. I play bass and piano and I know how hard it it to play alot of these songs. I mean, Vital Signs at 99? Do you know how great the bass work is on that song? Rush work really hard at what they do and with a band like Rush you just can't have lists and ranks. All their songs are great. Us Rush Fanatics don't need people like you talking about this band like it's nothing. You describe these songs like "the chorus doesn't do it for me". No one cares about your meaningless opion. Don't get me wrong it's nice for you to dedicate alot of time to talking about this band, but do it in a good way. You will probably put "Tom Sawyer" and "Limelight" in the top ten, b/c they are the most commercially acceptable songs. Do yourself a favor and try playing your keyboards more. You'll relize how hard it is to actually play music instead of critizizing it.

no.gif

dazed025.gif

new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Don't take a top rush song list too seriously, especially from someone who likes a band as lame as Nightwish.

Easy dude I like Nightwish laugh.gif

Yeah, Nightwish is a great band. However, there's another band in a similar vein that contains my favorite singer. Her name is Floor Jansen, and her former band is After Forever.

ANYWAY...back on topic. Hopefully more write-ups tonight! Got out of class early...

QUOTE (Deckiller @ Aug 31 2010, 08:23 PM)

Here are some hints.

cool10.gif

Any predictions?

80. Test For Echo

70. Cygnus X-1 Book II Hemispheres

60. 2112

85. Driven

65. A Passage To Bangkok

50. Dreamline

75. Jacob's Ladder

Edited by Between The Beers

QUOTE (Deckiller @ Sep 2 2010, 12:54 AM)
Yeah, Nightwish is a great band. However, there's another band in a similar vein that contains my favorite singer. Her name is Floor Jansen, and her former band is After Forever.

ANYWAY...back on topic. Hopefully more write-ups tonight! Got out of class early...

OOOOOoh yeah, Floor. Dutch chick!! cool.gif

QUOTE (Between The Beers @ Sep 2 2010, 12:20 PM)
QUOTE (Deckiller @ Aug 31 2010, 08:23 PM)

Here are some hints.

cool10.gif

Any predictions?

80. Test For Echo

70. Cygnus X-1 Book II Hemispheres

60. 2112

85. Driven

65. A Passage To Bangkok

50. Dreamline

75. Jacob's Ladder

80 Test for Echo