All 156 songs, ranked and reviewed by Deckiller

Deckiller

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Aug 28 2010, 01:43 AM)
You should have decided to only rank 100 songs.. Because until you reach that certain point where you start actually liking rush songs, you're going to keep degrading on songs that are hated enough as it is..

Actually, we're getting into that "decent songs" territory for me. As in, songs I never skip, but don't particularly love. That vibe will probably last until 85 or so, but I'm definitely not going to diss on those songs like I did, say, You Bet Your Life.

Great topic!!! Would anyone have all RUSH songs on like an excel spreadsheet they can email me.. TCE should be in top five I hope. Edited by robertrobyn

What is this gamefaqs rating? What people voted on gamefaqs?

On the voting... i think it's pretty good so far. I may not agree on every song, but the general voting is approved. But where is heresy and everyday glory? : P

well, sorry dude but I gave up after "Take A Friend", "Madrigal", and Going Bald". I would rather hear Madrigal 10 times a day for a year than hear anything theyve done in the last 20 years. Narrowminded? yeah, maybe but the classic Rush is THE Rush.
  • Like 1

In general, I have to say that while I greatly admire the scope of this endeavor of ranking every Rush song in order, I could never do it myself. Recently I started a top 50 Rush thread, and that was HARD.

Really, if for no other reason, I couldn't do this because of the songs and albums I don't like. For me to truly do this, it would mean I'd have to listen to those songs over and over again to truly determine what order to put them in, and I don't think I could do that to my ears by assailing them with analyzing Presto, RTB, T4E and VT to the degree I would need to in order to properly rank the bottom end of the Rush catalog. When I can't stand a certain group of songs, I don't want to spend a lot of time with them trying to analyze which one is truly the worst of the worst.

QUOTE (Deckiller @ Aug 28 2010, 12:26 AM)
And you know something? I just realized, after being a Rush fan for most of my life, that "Roll the Bones" means "Roll the Joints".

"But the bottom line...is to take the chance, roll the bones, if it's a random universe and that's terrifying and it makes you neurotic and everything, never mind. You really have to take the chance or else nothing's going to happen."

- Neil Peart, "It's A Rap" interview, April 1992

Bones is dice, in this case trink38.gif