NASA wake up vote

woodring2112

QUOTE (thing2jordan @ Aug 26 2010, 02:50 PM)
QUOTE (woodring2112 @ Aug 26 2010, 02:19 PM)
QUOTE (RushNut @ Aug 26 2010, 10:12 AM)
QUOTE (woodring2112 @ Aug 26 2010, 10:57 AM)
it is possible to get multiple votes if you enter the security code and then repeatedly click the vote button until your hand gets tired.

I'm just saying...

Won't do it for me...goes right to the results page

must...click...faster...

veryfast indeed.

Perhaps we should remove this in case the Trekkies aren't in on this secret and check the forum? scared.gif

actually what you do is choose the song, enter the code, click vote and immediately press the control key, then click on your mouse key as fast as you can for as long as you can while it loads - sometimes you can do that for 2-5 full minutes and get dozens of votes in before it goes to the results page - try it, it works

if anyone thinks i should delete this let me know, but the cat's pretty out of the bag obviously as the other groups are moving at rapid pace now too.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 26 2010, 06:09 PM)
QUOTE (thing2jordan @ Aug 26 2010, 02:50 PM)
QUOTE (woodring2112 @ Aug 26 2010, 02:19 PM)
QUOTE (RushNut @ Aug 26 2010, 10:12 AM)
QUOTE (woodring2112 @ Aug 26 2010, 10:57 AM)
it is possible to get multiple votes if you enter the security code and then repeatedly click the vote button until your hand gets tired.

I'm just saying...

Won't do it for me...goes right to the results page

must...click...faster...

veryfast indeed.

Perhaps we should remove this in case the Trekkies aren't in on this secret and check the forum? scared.gif

actually what you do is choose the song, enter the code, click vote and immediately press the control key, then click on your mouse key as fast as you can for as long as you can while it loads - sometimes you can do that for 2-5 full minutes and get dozens of votes in before it goes to the results page - try it, it works

if anyone thinks i should delete this let me know, but the cat's pretty out of the bag obviously as the other groups are moving at rapid pace now too.

Maybe it differs depending on your web browser? I'm on Google Chrome and my computer almost exploded.

even though we've got an 18,000 vote lead, we cannot let up

IN FACT, the rate for the steppenwolf song has increased where it's building faster than the rush song - at this rate they'll overtake us eventually if we don't step it up. the star trek one is crawling along by comparison. steppenwolf will be #2 soon...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 26 2010, 06:16 PM)
even though we've got an 18,000 vote lead, we cannot let up

IN FACT, the rate for the steppenwolf song has increased where it's building faster than the rush song - at this rate they'll overtake us eventually if we don't step it up. the star trek one is crawling along by comparison. steppenwolf will be #2 soon...

Wouldn't it be funny if 'Countdown' and 'Magic Carpet Ride' finished in the top 2? laugh.gif

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Aug 26 2010, 05:33 PM)
QUOTE (SeaTurtle @ Aug 26 2010, 06:29 PM)
And they're almost doubling our rate.

Could there be a group of obsessive Steppenwolf fans similar to our little Rush cult? confused13.gif

We think it's just a few Trekkies using a variation of the fast method.

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Aug 26 2010, 05:33 PM)
QUOTE (SeaTurtle @ Aug 26 2010, 06:29 PM)
And they're almost doubling our rate.

Could there be a group of obsessive Steppenwolf fans similar to our little Rush cult? confused13.gif

Read the comments to this article to learn about the Star Trek/Magic Carpet link...

http://trekmovie.com/2010/08/22/star-trek-...-keep-it-there/

Of specific interest are the posts of a particularly vile Trekkie named "lyeman". I like to think of him sitting in front of a computer in a dark room wearing a rubber Klingon mask.

NASA's Top 40 Votes Results (581,874 Total Votes)

The two songs with the most votes will be announced during the mission. Updates of the exact dates and times that the winning songs will be played will be provided as launch of the mission draws closer. STS-133 is currently scheduled to launch on November 1, 2010.

Countdown (by Rush) 175,838 Votes - 30.2%

Star Trek Theme Song (by Alexander Courage) 137,837 Votes - 23.7%

Magic Carpet Ride (by Steppenwolf) 134,343 Votes - 23.1%

Blue Sky (by Big Head Todd) 53,615 Votes - 9.2%

Enter Sandman (by Metallica) 9,317 Votes - 1.6%

Beautiful Day (by U2) 8,652 Votes - 1.5%

Theme from the Star Wars Trilogy (by John Williams) 7,579 Votes - 1.3%

Where I Come From (by Alan Jackson) 5,569 Votes - 1.0%

Window on the World (by Jimmy Buffett) 5,520 Votes - 0.9%

Over the Rainbow (by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole) 5,063 Votes - 0.9%

What a Wonderful World (by Louis Armstrong) 4,060 Votes - 0.7%

Imagine (by John Lennon) 3,254 Votes - 0.6%

Here Comes the Sun (by The Beatles) 3,019 Votes - 0.5%

Rendezvous (by Bruce Springsteen) 2,822 Votes - 0.5%

Rocket Man (by Elton John) 2,787 Votes - 0.5%

Time for Me to Fly (by REO Speedwagon) 2,667 Votes - 0.5%

Start Me Up (by Rolling Stones) 2,600 Votes - 0.4%

Learn to Fly (by Foo Fighters) 2,120 Votes - 0.4%

Mr. Blue Sky (by Electric Light Orchestra) 2,114 Votes - 0.4%

Fly Me to the Moon (by Frank Sinatra) 1,701 Votes - 0.3%

She Blinded Me With Science (by Thomas Dolby) 1,365 Votes - 0.2%

Kryptonite (by 3 Doors Down) 854 Votes - 0.1%

Fly Away (by Lenny Kravitz) 817 Votes - 0.1%

Should I Stay or Should I Go? (by The Clash) 816 Votes - 0.1%

The Distance (by Cake) 801 Votes - 0.1%

Good Day Sunshine (by The Beatles) 755 Votes - 0.1%

Big Boy Toys (by Aaron Tippin) 672 Votes - 0.1%

Free Fallin (by Tom Petty) 658 Votes - 0.1%

Drops of Jupiter (by Train) 635 Votes - 0.1%

I Got You (I Feel Good) (by James Brown) 547 Votes - 0.1%

Roll With It (by Steve Winwood) 515 Votes - 0.1%

These are the Days (by 10,000 Maniacs) 443 Votes - 0.1%

So Far Away (by Dire Straits) 392 Votes - 0.1%

Learning to Fly (by Tom Petty) 336 Votes - 0.1%

Homeward Bound (by Simon & Garfunkel) 326 Votes - 0.1%

Moon River (by Audrey Hepburn) 325 Votes - 0.1%

Bright Side of the Road (by Van Morrison) 295 Votes - 0.1%

Higher Ground (by Stevie Wonder) 283 Votes - 0.0%

On the Road Again (by Willie Nelson) 282 Votes - 0.0%

Get Ready (by The Temptations) 280 Votes - 0.0%

QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Aug 27 2010, 12:53 AM)
They have totally underestimated the tenacity of Rush fans it seems .... oh dear rofl3.gif

I'm up in the middle of the night (going back to bed soon). Overnight, as I feared, our almost 40,000 point lead has dwindled to about 4,000. By the time most people read this post, Countdown will be in second place.

TRF becomes practically dead during the late night/early morning hours for North America when a large majority of Rush fans are asleep. Star Trek, I'm guessing, has more of a fanbase spread out all over the world, and they make up huge numbers while most Rush fans are asleep. They've done this the last couple of nights. They kill us overnight, and then we kill them during the day.

I don't know, but this is getting kind of ridiculous.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 27 2010, 05:18 AM)
They have totally underestimated the tenacity of Rush fans it seems .... oh dear rofl3.gif

I'm up in the middle of the night (going back to bed soon). Overnight, as I feared, our almost 40,000 point lead has dwindled to about 4,000. By the time most people read this post, Countdown will be in second place.

TRF becomes practically dead during the late night/early morning hours for North America when a large majority of Rush fans are asleep. Star Trek, I'm guessing, has more of a fanbase spread out all over the world, and they make up huge numbers while most Rush fans are asleep. They've done this the last couple of nights. They kill us overnight, and then we kill them during the day.

Or maybe they just have a lot of unemployed guys that live in their mother's basement and stay up all night! tongue.gif

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Aug 27 2010, 02:31 AM)
Or maybe they just have a lot of unemployed guys that live in their mother's basement and stay up all night! tongue.gif

That's what I'm thinking. This was fun for a while. Now it's becoming a bit creepy.

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Aug 27 2010, 05:31 AM)

This is what we're dealing with...

http://blog.masslive.com/breakingnews/2009/05/large_050909trekclub.jpg

QUOTE (spacegator @ Aug 27 2010, 04:55 AM)
QUOTE (snowdogged @ Aug 27 2010, 05:31 AM)

This is what we're dealing with...

http://blog.masslive.com/breakingnews/2009/05/large_050909trekclub.jpg

while this is all very amusing, the sad fact of the matter is last night we were 40,000 votes ahead, and now we're back to 5,000 votes behind again, with the other star trek song also getting close. we're in dangerous territory of slipping into 3rd place... scared.gif sad.gif

Archived