Battle of Album Sides!

EmotionDetector

Which side do you like better?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which side do you like better?

• MOVING PICTURES 2 (The Camera Eye, Witch Hunt, Vital Signs)
    • HOLD YOUR FIRE 2 (Lock and Key, Mission, Turn The Page, Tai Shan, High Water)

Okay...so the final 3 ROUND 1 matchups will occur today.

MP finally makes its debut (and only appearance) in this tourney.

However, I would believe that most people would call this the "weaker" of the two sides when comparing to Side 1 of the masterpiece known as Moving Pictures.

Moving Pictures - Side 2 vs Hold Your Fire - Side 2

So...here we have it. 3 songs vs 5 songs, though I know that many people tend to crap on the last 2 HYF tracks, so it could really be like a 3 vs 3 for some people!

Anyways...VOTE! Bring it on...let us know what you think! bekloppt.gif

Correct on the 3 on 3 thing! laugh.gif Side 2 of MP has all good stuff (even though I don't like Vital Signs that much) and Side 2 of HYF has some really strong stuff too, except the last the two of course. Mission and Turn the Page are really strong, especially Mission, you just can't argue with the way it sounds and that beautiful solo at the end! Lock and Key kicks all sorts of ass as well. I really love The Camera Eye and Witch Hunt too, but they don't compare to the HYF stuff for me. Side 2 of HYF, indeed. 653.gif

MP easy:

Even though side 2 of MP is slightly weaker than the perfection of side 1 (mostly due to TCE), it still easily beats HYF side 2. First off, the last 2 songs on HYF suck, but even with the excellence of the first 3 songs, it can't match up with MP. That said, HYF is a criminally underrated album...

Hold Your Fire 2.

Lock and Key is better than anything on Moving Pictures 2. Mission is better than Camera Eye and Vital Signs. Turn the Page is better than at least Vital Signs, and probably Camera Eye. Tai Shan and High Water are kind of weak, but this is offset by Lock and Key's amazingness.

Moving Pictures by rear naked choke 2:45 into round #1.

Even though Turn the Page (My favorite from Hold Your Fire) is in this, as Pauliewanna said during his drumming narrative for Vital Signs on YT, there isn;t a pimple on Moving Pictures. From the opening of Tom Sawyer to the fadeout of Vital Signs, its a perfect album.

Lock and Key and Turn the Page just aren't winners to me. Mission, Tai Shan and High Water have merits, but in the end they're just 'average' Rush songs to me.

The Camera Eye has always felt redundant to me. I know that's not a popular opinion, but I just feel like The Camera Eye is a 5 minute song that they play twice with different lyrics the second time.

That said, Witch Hunt and Vital Signs are enough to pull Moving Picture through to victory.

Archived