RUSH 8 TRACK COLLECTION

robertrobyn

I first remember Rush on an 8-track; in the player that was bolted to the bottom of the dash of my brother's 1977 Buick Regal.

I remember that one and also Destroyer, my favorite 8 track was my AC/DC Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, it was a brown one and I played it until it finally broke.

• Like 1

QUOTE (robertrobyn @ Aug 23 2010, 11:22 PM)
Who here also likes 8 tracks. ??

Yea I like em in 1976 - 77 - 78 - 79 - by 1980 I was recording onto cassette's

I had many of those "under dash" models, also had a Emerson home All-in-One stereo systems I thought was great until I heard a real high end Hi-Fi amp/reciver.

I remember having

Pink Floyd's, Wish You Were Here

Beatles

Frampton

BOC

many many more . . . .

QUOTE (GotRush @ Sep 2 2010, 11:47 AM)
QUOTE (robertrobyn @ Aug 23 2010, 11:22 PM)
Who here also likes 8 tracks. ??

Yea I like em in 1976 - 77 - 78 - 79 - by 1980 I was recording onto cassette's

I had many of those "under dash" models, also had a Emerson home All-in-One stereo systems I thought was great until I heard a real high end Hi-Fi amp/reciver.

I remember having

Pink Floyd's, Wish You Were Here

Beatles

Frampton

BOC

many many more . . . .

many many more was always my favorite! wink.gif

I had hundreds of 8-tracks. All my early Rush and so many other bands. I will never forget the day I tossed 'em all fists crying.gif because this new fangled thingy called a cassette was the way to listen to music.

Now older and wiser I still have cassette's. I never listen to 'em but I'm not tossing them either. I have Archives among them and I'm not tossing that.

I first heard RUSH on 8-track. The way it would break up that great epic really sucked. Of course I loved it anyway, and driving a 75 Camaro with no AC didn't bother me either.

Once we would take water...

First album I ever bought with my own money was 2112 on 8-track.

I was blown away... so much so that I drove straight back to the store and bought the Rush/Fly by Night "collectors set" (2 8-tracks in one package) and Caress of Steel on Vinyl... they didn't have it on 8-track rofl3.gif

QUOTE (fordgt99 @ Aug 25 2010, 10:44 AM)
I acquired a couple of unopened Jim Croce 8-tracks from my grandmother when she passed. I thought they might be worth something so I took them to a local record store. I think they maybe offered $4 at the most so I kept them.

Jim Croce... what a talent. I'm still sad about the fact that he left this world so soon and at such a young age.

QUOTE (entmoot @ Aug 25 2010, 09:56 AM)
I used to have RUSH - Archives (first three RUSH albums specially packaged) on 8-track...I recall I traded my Ted Nugent Double Live Gonzo 8-Track for it...whew that was a flash back !!

common001.gif Double Live Gonzo! yeah, man!

..."Well, listen everybody,

to what I got to say

There's hope for tomorrow,

Ooh, we're workin' on today..."

Now, I'm having a flashback! cool10.gif

I just started to collect Rush on 8 track. Who here also likes 8 tracks. Does anyone know how many albums made it to 8 track??

I have Signals, but I've heard they were still making them through the record clubs up to Grace Under Pressure. (Never actually seen one of those myself though.)

I remember going to the Akron Civic Theater to see Rush on the Down The Tubes tour in 1975 and listening to the first Rush album on 8-track using a portable Lloyds 8-track player laying in the back window of my 1968 Plymouth Fury III two door.

I remember going to the Akron Civic Theater to see Rush on the Down The Tubes tour in 1975 and listening to the first Rush album on 8-track using a portable Lloyds 8-track player laying in the back window of my 1968 Plymouth Fury III two door.

383 under the hood and it had green seats I bet.. you just painted an awesome picture for me dude!

Eight tracks never really took off here Downunder, however a friend of my father had a Buick Riveria in which he tossed the eight track for cassette player.We ended up with the player and a box of tapes.Among them was Mantovani,Herb Albert,Bob Dylan,Led Zeppelin,CSN,Jethro Tull and Rush first album.This was about 75/6 and I was 15. We never fired it up and i think it went to the tip.However I kept the tapes which are somewhere at mums but Jethro Tull Living in the Past sits on my shelf unplayed.

383 under the hood and it had green seats I bet.. you just painted an awesome picture for me dude!

Actually it had a 318, black interior, maroon paint.

• Like 1

Actually it had a 318, black interior, maroon paint.

Aw.. :(

Lol

If there was a worse format for music, I can't think of it.

It had 2 advantages initially. Better sound quality than the earliest compact cassette, and portability. That's it, and once compact cassette's SQ improved, it had neither. That format stuck around 10 years longer than it should have. I kept a few random tapes from the old days (Rush CoS, KISS Alive II, Max Webster Live Magnetic Air, Yes Yesterdays, David Bowie Lodger) but have no player and will never bother to acquire one. Still have a couple of cassette decks and many tapes, lots of vinyl, but 8-track has no hold on me.

• Like 1

If there was a worse format for music, I can't think of it.

It had 2 advantages initially. Better sound quality than the earliest compact cassette, and portability. That's it, and once compact cassette's SQ improved, it had neither. That format stuck around 10 years longer than it should have. I kept a few random tapes from the old days (Rush CoS, KISS Alive II, Max Webster Live Magnetic Air, Yes Yesterdays, David Bowie Lodger) but have no player and will never bother to acquire one. Still have a couple of cassette decks and many tapes, lots of vinyl, but 8-track has no hold on me.

I think I would want a player at some point, but it's not exactly a priority at the moment.(I'd only be listening to Rush on it because I really have no interest in any other 8-tracks.

I didnt see this thread before but I guess it doesnt matter as the thread I POSTED was asking "Do you have any 8 tracks" so i guess its OK :)

I have one Rush 8 track: Moving Pictures

I'm missing the first three (although I have Archives) and Grace Under Pressure (I'm still not sure if it even exists.)