New Eric Clapton CD!

briremo

I know there are a bunch of metal heads in here but I have to tell you, I'm a huge EC fan and love the work he's been doing over the past 15 years or so. Can't wait for this album!

Anyone else?

QUOTE (briremo @ Aug 22 2010, 10:30 AM)
I know there are a bunch of metal heads in here but I have to tell you, I'm a huge EC fan and love the work he's been doing over the past 15 years or so. Can't wait for this album!

Anyone else?

Im looking forward to checking it out. Like his music.

I'm not sure why he's still recording really...I heard the last Steve Winwood effort and it was pretty lackadaisical, so I can just imagine...These guys don't know what's up no more...lol.

Although, I did get to catch a boot vid of the latest Winwood/Clapton concert collab, and it was the titz...the cat's PJ's, as the kidz say. Definitely worth coming out of the house for something like that.

They ran through all the Blind Faith stuff, along with some Traffic, Cream, and a bunch of solo material. The Dynamic Duo...

I don't know how I missed word on that one...They played two local venues and I missed out on both, man...I failed myself mostly...lol.

To be one hundred percent fair, by the year 2005, Eric Clapton might have been at his utmost highest apex of guitar skillability...I don't know who here has seen that CREAM - Royal Albert Hall video from '05, but EC's soloing during these engagements were so smooth and tight, right there in the pocket all night long. All improvised, and all of interesting.

He's one of the American Masters...who just happens to be from the UK.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Aug 22 2010, 11:05 PM)
I haven't liked anything he's done since Derek and the Dominoes.

thelocator, I saw that Cream DVD, it was technically good but all three of them seemed so disinterested and robotic that it made it hard to enjoy.

Wow, D & D was 40 years ago!...Absolutely nothing in that whole darn interim period did if for ya?...Wow...I remember liking an album called, 'Joureyman' when I was just a free-loving kid...

There were like three or four hits on that recording, and we even caught him live on tour that year...Pilgrim was another big release...Would have certainly liked to be one of the few to catch the Cream reunion shows in '05...EC's guitar playing was talked about in dive bars across this fine nation for a year straight after those two RAH gigs...lol.

Clapton's playing was dead-on during those engagements...Very strange that they would choose not to play all the most familiar material...and, instead, go with many of the obscurities...The Clapton/Winwood tour of '08 was another drive down memory lane missed by many, like myself...Sorry to say, there will be no D & D reunion though.

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Aug 22 2010, 09:10 AM)
no.gif

+1

Maybe if EC gets back on the heroin and makes a rock blues record I will buy it.

I'm done with this Overrated Legend.

What ever happened to the days when Eric was part of the "CREAM" Of The Crop?

Now his stuff is just CRAP.

If you don't agree with me, then please just step back, take a deep breath and stare into "My Father's Eyes."

pokey.gif

Clapton is a lazy musician who has probably not practiced his instrument in at least 40 years. When he was Cream, he was awesome. Jack and Ginger pushed him further than he ever could have been. Blind Faith was great, but he did little with that band.

His first solo album was good. From then on he made off and on albums. I Shot The Sheriff, Lay Down Sally...what was he thinking?

Even when Phil Collins produced his Journeyman (I think that was it) album, Phil had to get on him to actually play something!

Cream reunited, but Clapton did not want to continue doing it. Imagine if they had.

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Aug 23 2010, 01:31 AM)
Clapton is a lazy musician who has probably not practiced his instrument in at least 40 years. When he was Cream, he was awesome. Jack and Ginger pushed him further than he ever could have been. Blind Faith was great, but he did little with that band.

His first solo album was good. From then on he made off and on albums. I Shot The Sheriff, Lay Down Sally...what was he thinking?

Even when Phil Collins produced his Journeyman (I think that was it) album, Phil had to get on him to actually play something!

Cream reunited, but Clapton did not want to continue doing it. Imagine if they had.

You obviously didn't hear the entire thing by the nature of your reply here...but, did you at least catch a snippet or two from the CREAM REUNION CONCERT DVD from the Royal Albert Hall in 2005? I don't think a single person in attendance would have used the term 'out of practice' to describe what they saw Clapton execute on that evening...

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Aug 22 2010, 09:05 PM)
I haven't liked anything he's done since Derek and the Dominoes.

thelocator, I saw that Cream DVD, it was technically good but all three of them seemed so disinterested and robotic that it made it hard to enjoy.

goodpost.gif

I have that Cream Reunion HD DVD. It's crystal clear, yet it gets very boring after awhile. 1001001 SOS..... android on the run............

Signed,

"Layla"

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Aug 22 2010, 11:31 PM)

laugh.gif

Lazy says it all.

Eric was good when he did his part in the movie "Tommy!"

Love his solo on "Eyesight To The Blind."

Love,

"Candle In The Wind" wink.gif

Is he going on tour agian?

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Aug 24 2010, 12:02 AM)
Extremely overrated in my book. Ditto on that Cream dvd, Ginger Baker looks like a f*ckin' corpse! Clapton= 062802puke_prv.gif

I remember watching an interview with Billy Joel, just as he was learning of the CREAM reunion, which was just getting underway at the time...Billy looked at the interviewer incredulously and told the guy that he thought that Ginger Baker had died all the way back in the 1960's...lol...He said that he surely looked like he was on his way out way back then...

Archived