NEW - Joe Satriani

EmotionDetector

Well...I've always been astonished that this guy doesn't get nearly as much love on this board as I thought he would.

But...I can say that I'm excited to hear the new album. Satch usually releases solid material, and I don't expect this to be any different! Looking forward to hearing what he's put together this time!

--------------------------------------------------------

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t100/EmotionDetector/BlackSwansWormholeWizards.jpg

BLACK SWANS AND WORMHOLE WIZARDS

Release Date: October 5, 2010

Tracklist:

1. Premonition

2. Dream Song

3. Pyrrhic Victoria

4. Light Years Away

5. Solitude

6. Littleworth Lane

7. The Golden Room

8. Two Sides To Every Story

9. Wormhole Wizards

10. Wind In The Trees

11. God Is Crying

I thought it wouldn't be too long before he released a new album.

I've got all his albums, and I love each and every one of them, so I'll be looking forward to hearing this one.

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Aug 20 2010, 09:18 AM)
I thought it wouldn't be too long before he released a new album.
I've got all his albums, and I love each and every one of them, so I'll be looking forward to hearing this one.

trink39.gif

Nice...I also own every album from him.

To me, all of Satch's material is solid. I know some people call his newer material 'pedestrian', because he's gotten away from the shredding that dominated his first few albums, but honestly, it doesn't bother me at all.

He has focused more on becoming a songwriter in recent years, and he still manages to pull of great songs. I love all of his recent albums, and he is one artist that I can usually say I am very confident that I will enjoy whatever he releases.

This album should be no different.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Aug 20 2010, 08:22 AM)

To me, all of Satch's material is solid. I know some people call his newer material 'pedestrian', because he's gotten away from the shredding that dominated his first few albums, but honestly, it doesn't bother me at all.

He has focused more on becoming a songwriter in recent years, and he still manages to pull of great songs. I love all of his recent albums, and he is one artist that I can usually say I am very confident that I will enjoy whatever he releases.

I agree 110%

I'm a huge fan of everything he's done, every single song he's ever done. The only song of his I'm not a big fan of is that Woodstock Jam song from "Time Machine". Heck, I'm sure Joe would probably admit it's crap and not even a real song anyway.

Crystal Planet is my favorite album from him but I think his 2000's material is even stronger than his 1990's material.

Of how many artists can it be said that they actually were better in their late 40's and 50's than they were in their 20's and 30's? short list.

Edited by Bastille Dave

QUOTE (Bastille Dave @ Aug 21 2010, 05:18 AM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Aug 20 2010, 08:22 AM)

I agree 110%

I'm a huge fan of everything he's done, every single song he's ever done. The only song of his I'm not a big fan of is that Woodstock Jam song from "Time Machine". Heck, I'm sure Joe would probably admit it's crap and not even a real song anyway.

trink39.gif

Dude...crazy how you and I think alike.

Seriously, I would say I feel EXACTLY the same way! 'Woodstock Jam' is the only song from Satch that I've never been crazy about at all...but every other song is great to me!

Also...absolutely. Crystal Planet is outstanding...one of the best albums he's ever done, and one that gets alot of spins with me!

...and yes, his 2000's material is solid. That's why I've been upset with his setlists lately. He tends to skip so many of these great albums, and just plays the true classic stuff, which while still great, should be pushed aside for some of the genius stuff he's done on the last 3-4 records.

QUOTE (Bastille Dave @ Aug 21 2010, 05:20 AM)
Of how many artists can it be said that they actually were better in their late 40's and 50's than they were in their 20's and 30's? short list.

Yeah, that is the thing with Satch. He is CONSISTENT.

With every album release announced, I always expect to like it. That's how highly I think of his material.

Since the first album, the quality of his songs has remained consistent IMO. On every record, he continues to deliver, which is amazing. That's why I can't wait for this new record...I hope it blows my mind! In fact, I EXPECT it to! 1022.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Aug 20 2010, 06:04 AM)
Well...I've always been astonished that this guy doesn't get nearly as much love on this board as I thought he would.

But...I can say that I'm excited to hear the new album. Satch usually releases solid material, and I don't expect this to be any different! Looking forward to hearing what he's put together this time!

--------------------------------------------------------

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t100/EmotionDetector/BlackSwansWormholeWizards.jpg

BLACK SWANS AND WORMHOLE WIZARDS

Release Date: October 5, 2010

Tracklist:

1. Premonition
2. Dream Song
3. Pyrrhic Victoria
4. Light Years Away
5. Solitude
6. Littleworth Lane
7. The Golden Room
8. Two Sides To Every Story
9. Wormhole Wizards
10. Wind In The Trees
11. God Is Crying

Hey E.D.!

I've heard some of this! I can't wait for the Japanese release!! Hope there's a bonus track with a guitar pick.

How does Joe find the time? Chickenfoot checks are rolling in like moss gathering on a rolling stone.

Joe Cool is Beyond. Why is Joe's student Vai not doing anything new?

The Live albums are nice, but when will Steve Vai hit the studio and record again????

confused13.gif

Why does he Not do the G3 tours anymore ? It was fun watching him get his ass blown off stage every night by Vai laugh.gif

Just found this link where the writer gives his synopsis of the album, track by track! Furthermore, Joe Satriani also discusses each track in his own words as well.

Cool read...and one that gets me even more excited to hear the new album! cool.gif

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/joe-satrianis-black-swans-and-wormhole-wizards-full-album-preview-272435

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Aug 23 2010, 01:43 AM)
I've heard some of this! I can't wait for the Japanese release!! Hope there's a bonus track with a guitar pick.

Earl...sounds like there may indeed be a 'bonus track'.

As per the article link I just posted above, Joe mentions a song called 'Heartbeats', which is not on the album tracklist, but that he mentions will probably become an 'iTunes bonus track'.

Sounds great to me! biggrin.gif

new song from the upcoming album "Unstoppable Momentum": https://soundcloud.c...oor-into-summer

Yep, heard this one a few weeks back.

It's a good tune...but nothing mind-blowing. I'd just love to see Joe shred a little more, or at least reach outside the box a bit more. I'd like an album more in the vein of 'Blue Dream'.

Either way, I've enjoyed all of his albums...so I'll be buying this one next week for sure.

Great guitar player, great guy...met him about a year and a half ago, just a cool, humble dude. :guitar:

Comes out tomorrow...looking forward to it.

I do wish that Satch would be a little more experimental on these records, and do more shredding like back in the day.

But, the guy is still a fantastic guitarist, and he has yet to release an album that disappoints me.

Looking forward to hearing what "Unstoppable Momentum" has to offer...